Being a rude person.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Lack of confidence...
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Bad teeth (like gross, yellow, dirty, disgusting clear you don't take care of them... if you can't take care of those, you can't take care of yourself).

No education. Some people see this as snobby..... but it's such an important part of my life (I just applied for 2 PhD programs yesterday), It just bothers me when someone is 27, no education beyond high school, and probably working a crap job. I mean, yay, they have a job, but why didn't you even try? Ugh!

Wow, having lack of education as the deal breaker is not what people think is snobby, your attitude about it is. Maybe not everyone wanted to be saddled down with student loan debt and decided to become working members of society from the get go.

Yeah... I have no education, I'm going to be 24 in January. I left my program because I could no longer afford to complete it, now in debt and I can't go back until I've paid off my debt.
  • I'm in a wonderful long-distance relationship but for me, right now, it's an inability to understand the concept of "asexuality".
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Anyone that's not my husband. He is perfect. :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    deadbeat fathers
  • Liberals

* certainly I would never date one. I will tolerated with friends and family so long as you are not the pushy type who won't shut the heck up. I have written off friends and family who do this. I don't force my view on you, don't force yours on me.

Yea, that goes both ways, I have tons of Conservative/Republican friends and family that are pushy and won't shut up.
    The same can be said of Tories or the BNP.
  • AmericanCowboy76
    AmericanCowboy76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I won't date a non Christian. I'm sure that will piss a lot of people off but I just won't. My fiath is very important to me. Any woman I am with must love God, kids, be decent and respectful. My wife (may she rest in peace) set a very high standard.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    smoking, bad grammar, Redskins fans
  • mcn79
    mcn79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a few: no job, no car, lives with parents, has numerous kids by numerous women, has zero ambition and now smoking.

My list used to be similar. Until I met my current boyfriend who is undoubtedly the love of my life. When I met him he was unemployed, his car was broken down and he lived with his sister. He had a daughter and smokes. I'm glad that when he approached me (via email...we met online) that I responded and let him know that I had some concerns. We talked through them and I understood what chain of events led him to where he was. That being said, it was very clear that he had ambition, wanted to work and wasn't content living with his sister.

He is now gainfully employed, with a functioning car and we just moved in together. I adore his daughter and tolerate the smoking. I've never been happier.

Sometimes we miss out when we don't look deeper. Not preaching, by any means, but I'm SO glad I didn't blow him off.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    oh, and liars / cheaters/ drug users / rude / lazy ... i'm sure there's more
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I won't date a non Christian. I'm sure that will piss a lot of people off but I just won't. My fiath is very important to me. Any woman I am with must love God, kids, be decent and respectful. My wife (may she rest in peace) set a very high standard.

I'm the opposite. I generally don't like to date religious people because of my non-belief.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    1a. Smoking 1b. Lack of extremely active libido. I'm just saying.
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Cubs fans, packer fans, no post high school education, no job, no car, does any illegal drugs, has ugly teeth. So I guess the first two aren't really deal breakers but kinda more funny :)
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    being a liberal lol.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Smoking, bad teeth, VD, babymommas, babydrama, no interests, no skills, no pulse.

This...and being to liberal.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    ohhhh, def NASTY teeth!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Ladies over 45 who have no kids and never married before, and the cat lady who lets the cat on the tables or counters.