Losing Baby Weight

Options

Replies

• mowens77
    mowens77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

My name is Michelle, I am a mother of 4 just had my 4th in November a little girl... =) I had my first two children very young and recovered very well, lost almost all of my pregnancy weight right away. We waited 8 years for the third and I gained a monterous 80 pounds!!! I had only lost 25 pounds(at the most) in 5 years and then found out I was pregnant with my fourth. Through the pregnancy I ate very healthy and watched my weight. I am still overweight and need to lose what I had gained almost 6 years ago I've been at it on MFP for about 4 weeks and have lost 10 pounds so far. I still have 48 more pounds to my end goal =)
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michelle, this site is great and theses ladies are great support!

Monday is my official weigh in and i lost 7.4 pounds this week, i think it was left over from last week when i only lost 0.1, so i am now at almost 27 pounds and i have about 90 to go. i feel better than i have in a while and people say they can tell i have lost weight, so that is good. i wear mostly sweats since all i do is run after kids and i can really tell in my sweat pants, never thought i could.

off to have my snack and watch One Tree Hill, which i love,

good night -
    michelle
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    2/9/10 (week 12)
    Start weight: 191 pounds
    Current weight: 179.0
    Pounds lost: 12
    Goal for week 12: Lose 2 pounds
    Final goal weight: 145 pounds

Belly size(this is just below the belly button...thickest spot around my tummy, and I will only measure once a month).
    1/5/10: 43 inches
    2/4/10: 42 inches

Personal Challenge for week 12: Ab workout at least 3 times this week! I didn't do this last week...I NEED to!!!!

I am extremely excited! I really thought I would have a slight gain this week due to my weekend with too few calories on Saturday and too many calories on Sunday, no exercise. And then another crappy day yesterday (too many calories and no exercise...plus I totally indulged on some pita chips last night). So, I am very excited to see this number and it gives me motivation for this upcoming week! I'm hoping to see 175 in the next couple weeks! That would be fabulous! So...gonna work hard! Hoping to get over this cold soon...and Kadence too because she slept horribly again last night. I did end up giving her some Tylenol which I think helped. I feel so bad for her. Plus she now is getting some diaper rash on her little bottom which is hurting her also! Poor babe! So...I hope she recovers quickly and we can get back to normal!

Welcome MichelleO (since we have 2 Michelles)! This is a wonderful group! We are so happy to have you join!

Michelle (michfitz)...WOO!!! 7.4 pounds is GREAT!!! Keep it up!

Everyone else...GOOD MORNING!
  • biggieshorty
    Options
    I'm super excited this morning!!!! I didn't have anything to wear today so I picked up a shirt I haven't worn since before I got pregnant. I was ready for a disappointment of not looking good in the shirt (last time I put it on I had muffin top). Anyway I put it on and IT FIT PERFECTLY!!!! I'm so happy. I have a waist line!!

This just goes to show you. Even if the scale doesn't move it doesn't mean you're not making progress.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    so i just had a baby 9-14-09 and well im at 150 trying to get down to 140. my goal is to try to lose atleast 5 lbs a month. but how often do you workout. i have a 5mnth old and a 2 1/2 yr old. so when i workout for more than 45 min i feel like i am avoiding them i guess and i work full time. so how often do you workout?

I did it either before she wakes up or after she goes to bed or naps.!!! Just hang in there. I am still dropping the weight even though I am down to 1114.
  • angelmum
    Options
    My baby girl is now 3 months old, i have baby weight to lose but a hole lot more, i plan to eat healthy, excersize (at home and the gym) and walk more and also joinging a gym with my friend as i was to scared to do it alone, i have lossed a stone in the past but pilled it all back on when i fell pregnant with Lily, well i plan to have no more babies and the time is right to focus on loseing weight!!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Kristin, try A&D for the Diaper Rash, usually clears Mason's up within a day (it's a little smelly, but works great).

I've hit my 10% mark! :) 10% lost!!!!
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    Mina woohoo for the 10% mark way to go

Biggieshorty I wish I had a waistline, seems after I had my second all the weight I gained stayed around my middle. I hate my baby pouch. :( I think I might try jillian michaels Abs video after I finish the 30 day shred

Well I did the Jillian michaels 30 day shred once last week (just got it) and then started again today. So I'm counting today as day one and will try to do it everyday a week and take Sat. OR sun off but not both.
  • cat1110
    Options
    Hi gals,
    I had the LONGEST day at work today and go home super late. Luckily, my husband took care of dinner! As I mentioned before, I'm doing P90X, so I was supposed to do my scheduled workout tonight. I can't tell you how much I did NOT want to do it. It's cold, rainy, and honestly, I just wanted to sit down and polish off a bottle of wine. But.....I did my workout!!! Not one of my best days, but who cares, at least I did it!!!! I feel much better now and at least I don't have to feel guilty for the rest of the night....
    This isn't easy, it sure does take commitment, especially after a long day!
    That being said, my "fat pants" were loose today! YAY!!!! The scale is moving slowly, but I know I'm losing inches. It's so great to see results - keeps you motivated!

Kristen - Congrats on your awesome results so far!!!!!
    Jess - I'm an account manager for a healthcare company - and one of my clients is in H-burg. I talked to someone there today and she was bracing for the storm, but nothing yet. Hope you're not getting too much snow!

Well, I'm going to go watch the Biggest Loser! :)
    Catherine
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies! Wow, everybody is making such great progress this week!! Great job girlies! I am so tired tonight...just feeling like I don't have energy for much of anything! School is already closed for tomorrow. It's snowing (again) and we have gotten maybe 5 inches so far tonight. We're supposed to be getting another 12-18. Tomorrow is a rest day for workouts but I am sure I will be shoveling my little heart out. They are calling for 40-50 mph winds though, so it's sure to be miserable.

I will do a little better with catching up tomorrow. Thinking bout an early bedtime tonight!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning gals!

Well...after the past few days with crappy food choices and no exercise, I am happy to report that I stayed within calories yesterday AND ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes burning 484 calories! YAY! Felt SO great! I LOVE a good workout! Hopefully tonight will be good as well! I am in dire need to run...release some stress! I've been SO swamped at work that running seems to be my only out! Glad it's something good for me! Although I must say the bottle of wine in the fridge has called to me a few times! Haha! ANYways...hope you all have a good morning!
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!!

Had a crazy busy weekend out of town that then overflowed into a busy week! So tired! Ate horrible foods over the weekend and did not exercise but weighed in last night at still lost 2 more lbs! What a relief!

Amelia slept through the night Sat-Mon but was up last night twice having a hard time sleeping. I will be so ecstatic if I get a few more of those long stretches of sleep again this week; I could get used to that! Had her 2 month check-up today and she weighed in at 10 lbs! Also had 2 shots :sad: I wanted to cry with her!!

Catherine - Great job on doing your workout when you really did not want to!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Jess - It dumped here the last 24 hours so I will think of you tonight while I am out shoveling!

Kristin- Of course you ate bad and didn't work out this weekend because that is what I did! Haha! I swear we are leading parallel dieting lives!!

Kim- Good luck with the 30 day shred; you can do it!!

Hello to the rest of you girls; hope you all are well.

Hugs!

-Cris
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    the shots are the worst but i learned an awesome technique! shelby and i got our H1N1 shots together and i went first so she could see that i could do it without crying. so when it was her turn she didn't even cry! and then her last round of shots for 18months worked out great. she got 3 and cried for barely 30 seconds and then was over it. stickers really help toO! :-)
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    for shots, I usually bring a bottle, and schedule them around "snack time," that way as soon as the shot is over, we get to cuddle with a bottle, and then it's all good. Shots are hard. The Circ about killed me. the first fall, I think I cried for 2 hours.. I'm WAY better about stuff now... :) lol funny, after the first fall, all the moms I know told me their first fall story from their baby, and it was weird to hear how everyone always remembered the FIRST Fall, but you get better about their injuries.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Hello! I have a seven month old I carry around all day, not to mention this extra 40 lbs that I have not been able to lose! I am no longer nursing my son so I am really hoping to shed some weight. I think this site will help a lot but I worry that even if I lose the weight my stomach will still be saggy. Any suggestions on what to do?
  • Chuffmn
    Chuffmn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa!!!

Hey Jess - how did you figure out how many cals you burned shoveling snow?
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Melissa,

One thing that has finally started working for me is not eating off the kids plates. I was finishing whatever they did not eat. i came from the clean your plate club, well now we have the dog cleans the plate club and that has helped a lot. Good luck

Michelle
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning gals!

Melissa...WELCOME!!! I also am worried about the extra jiggly stuff around my tummy, and I have NO idea what helps to get rid of that. This is my first, and so I'm hoping to find something that works. RIght now my focus is on cardio to burn all the extra fat I have been hanging onto. It seems to be working as I have been consistantly been losing a couple pounds a week now. SO...I'm going to stick with that. I'm also trying to do an Ab workout 3 times a week. It's fairly moderate right now as my abs are SO out of whack, but I hope to build up to something more vigorous as I build up strength. And then once I feel that my body is more fat-less, I am hoping to get back to doing Body Pump (a weight-lifting/cardio) class at my gym 2-3 times a week. That really helped shape my body before pregnancy, and I'm hoping it helps again. AND I'd love to get back into some Spinning and Step classes as well. Right now it's usually about 30-45 minutes of cardio 5 times a week (on my treadmill at home). I don't like spending any more time away from my daughter as I work full time. So I haven't wanted to spend time going away from home and to the gym. But eventually I'll have to. Let me know if you find things that are working for you! Hopefully we can help each other out!

Michelle, Cris, Mina, Jess, EVERYone else...GOOD MORNING!!!!

I have to get started on some work, but I'll try and check back later! Another busy day today! Hope you are all well!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Gooooood morning ladies!!!!

I am in such a dumb good mood right now. I just had a delish breakfast that was just what I needed. I got a good sleep last night and I am just feeling energized and refreshed! School is closed here through Tuesday, so 5 kids locked in the house is sure to change that, LOL. But they are having fun outside right now. One of the huge piles of snow I was shoveling onto runs right along our driveway. The kids mashed it down and made it into a sledding hill. It is higher than our cars! Probably about 8 feet tall when they started but now down to about 6 feet. I calculated that I burned almost 2000 cals yesterday shoveling snow (close to 4 hours). Cris, I went to a bunch of different websites with calculators that included entering weight. The results were pretty consistent among different websites. I believe the one I ended up using was from Sparkpeople. I think that gave me 532 cals/hr. I swear I can see a difference in the mirror this morning, but I am sure that is just my positive perception of my hard work :). I cannot WAIT to weigh in tomorrow! How much snow did you get Cris? I am not sure what our final tally was here, it's hard to tell because the kids were playing in it all day, and there was a lot of blowing. I guess we've got a total somewhere between 3 and 4 feet on the ground right now.

Melb- I think the way your stomach will look eventually depends a whole lot on your genes. They say to look at your mother and it should give you a pretty good indication of how you will eventually look. I personally just have tons of stretch marks all over my belly. The skin is destroyed. I went quite a few years between this past pregnancy and the previous. I think 3 or 4 years afterward, the "flop" was gone, but the skin never got tight again. I long ago came to the grips that I would never again wear anything that showed my belly. Which is fine by me, there's a ton of cute tankinis out there. The thing I hate the most is seeing that floppy area under your shirt, and having it sag over the top of your pants in the front! I know no ways around it. No matter how much weight I lost, I always had it. It's something I guess you just have to come to terms with. At least for me, that's how it was. But every person is different! think the best you can do is tone up your abs, and wait for some time to pass to see where you end up. I don't mean to sound discouraging, this just has been my personal experience.

LOL, you never forget the first fall! I still remember my oldest's first fall. He was 6 months old, and sitting in the middle of my double bed. I was there with him of course, and knew better than to sit him on the bed and turn around to grab something, but that's what I did. Hey, I was young and dumb back then! (Now I am old and dumb ;) ) Just that quick there he went and rolled off the side of the bed. He fell face down, with his arms and legs all sticking out like superman flying. He just landed like that and started crying. It was so cute that I must admit I giggled a little picking him up. But I was mortified and cried! I wonder if that's why he has turned out the way he has today ;)

Shots are the worst, but my daughter Kira never cried from them. I guess she's just a toughie!
  • cat1110
    Options
    Had to share my first fall story....it still makes me laugh! I'm sure there will be many more falls to come, so I better get used to it.
    When Carter was about 4 months old, he did a backflip off the ottoman.
    We have a big fluffy ottoman, and we used to lay him on it and since he couldn't roll over or anything, he would just lay there. He loved it! I could get up and go to the kitchen, etc....as long as I had him in eyesight. Carter has really strong legs and he started pushing off his legs early. One day I was sitting in the chair behind the ottoman, and literally took my eyes off him for 2 seconds and he did a backflip pushing off his legs and ended up face down on the floor. Luckily he was ok, and honestly, I was totally impressed he backflipped onto the floor. Needless to say, he hasn't been left alone on the ottoman since then!
    Hope everyone has a good day!
    It's about 25 degrees in Atlanta, but at least it's sunny. I heard the song "Cool it Now" on the 80s channel this morning and it made me smile a little....hahah