Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions for the HRM monitors!
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I just had to write and tell you all that last night I was complaining to my hubby overseas that I can't find the Wii Fit Plus with the balance board anywhere around as well as online. I told him he should go check out the PX on his base. Anyway, I just woke up to an email saying that he found one and mailed it to me. What a sweetie! I'm suprised they actually had it as it's a deployment base, but thankful. I can't wait to tell him thanks in person!!! :love:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I just had to write and tell you all that last night I was complaining to my hubby overseas that I can't find the Wii Fit Plus with the balance board anywhere around as well as online. I told him he should go check out the PX on his base. Anyway, I just woke up to an email saying that he found one and mailed it to me. What a sweetie! I'm suprised they actually had it as it's a deployment base, but thankful. I can't wait to tell him thanks in person!!! :love:

aww that's great! You will love the balance board!
  • fozzy33
    Options

Awwww how sweet it that! Your going to love the Wii!
  • lilwade84
    Options
    so how is everyone doing on the wii fit???
  • lilwade84
    Options
    awww he's a sweetie!!!! ur gonna luv the wii fit

Awwww how sweet it that! Your going to love the Wii!
  • cometnurse
    cometnurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Okay so Friday I was to tired to Wii. Sat I did all the strength training, ten min super hula, ten min of boxing and 5 yoga poses so that netted me about 50 min!! It was a good workout!! And Sunday was my rest day!! Im going to do the strength training tonight!!! :smile:

I do admire you doing ALL the strength training, wow. I can only manage half of those things at best. Gives me something to shoot for though. About to hop on my Wii right now, fifth day in a row. Tomorrow I rest. It's making a difference, slow but sure!

Thank You!! Some of it is really hard for me :smile: but i figure i just have to keep practicing!! WTG on the 5 in a row!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Didn't get on the wii last night. Wasn't feeling real whoopy after curves!!! Don't know exactly what was wrong!!! Better today.

My brother is now in town until the week-end with his girlfriend. Not sure if I will get on it at all till they leave. Sure hope soo. Maybe we can make a family game night or something and we can all do a little!!! ;)
  • fozzy33
    Options
    Plan to get on WF+ for an hour, in about 20 minutes or so LOL
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone.

Think my knee is better. No pain today after my Wii-ing yesterday, woo hoo!!! :bigsmile:

Today I did workout 2 for my 6 week challenge on EA active more workouts and an Ab workout aswell - 90 calories burned in 24 minutes. I also went for a 40 minute walk around the shop so counted that too.

Have a good evening :heart:
  • ksnowras
    ksnowras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the Wii Fit Plus group! We got the balance board for a family Christmas gift, but its taken me awhile to get up the courage to use it. When I did, it was really fun. I'm planning to use it 3-5 times a week, starting out at 20-30 min. Wish me luck!!
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the Wii Fit Plus group! We got the balance board for a family Christmas gift, but its taken me awhile to get up the courage to use it. When I did, it was really fun. I'm planning to use it 3-5 times a week, starting out at 20-30 min. Wish me luck!!

Good luck. The good thing is that it is fun so you don't really feel like you are doing exercise. You'll do great :bigsmile:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Didn't get on the wii last night. Wasn't feeling real whoopy after curves!!! Don't know exactly what was wrong!!! Better today.

My brother is now in town until the week-end with his girlfriend. Not sure if I will get on it at all till they leave. Sure hope soo. Maybe we can make a family game night or something and we can all do a little!!! ;)

We can't be expected to be whoopy every day. Love the word. Not to be confused with whooped, lol . And yes, you should definetly try to get the family on it Ann. Show them how you can whoop their butts in boxing. or anything else for that matter, cuz I know you can.

CometNurse, one of these days, , I am going to do every darn one of those strength training exercises, even though I will probably do them badly , and even if it kills me. It might not be tomorrow, or next week even, but one of these days. Appreciate the inspiration!

I will be enjoying my rest night tonight and back to it tomorrow.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Did Wii Biggest Loser today, but felt like I farted around mostly. I kept moving & kept my heart rate in the low range, but refused to do tricep dips. One day I will get over myself, bite the bullet, and get it done!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Maybe this is a silly question but looking at HRM it looks like you have to continously check your heart rate yourself. Are there none out there that just do it automatically for you?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    My Polar F7 continuously monitors my heart rate, tells me how many calories I'm burning as I burn them, and yells at me when my heart rate goes out of range. I paid $100 for it on Amazon. Well worth the money!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and welcome to everyone new!

Twenty-ten - thanks for being the welcoming committee for this forum while I was MIA.

I've been mixing it up a little to get a higher burn by doing at least one set of running in place with each session. I missed yesterday, but I was skiing and the powder was 4-5 inches deep. My legs are killing me today. I'm lucky I work where I do and they don't think I'm crazy that I take days here and there to go skiing with my kids. We had a blast. My son (who snowboards) beat me down the hill for the first time ever.

I think one of the unanswered questions is how to get your burn rate up doing the jogging - I've found I do better by doing a very steady pace and I hold the remote on my stomach switching it halfway through. I get over 300% all the time.

To all of you who are either in the military or married to some one who is please know I am grateful to all of you who are serving now. So please pass my gratitude on to any family member who is in the armed forces at this time.

I probably will not meet my goal of 120 minutes on the Wii each week, but I've been active so I won't get too down on myself.

Ann- next time you come down this way we need to meet up. Maybe you, your husband and I can meet and go for a walk and at least give you both a chance to stretch your legs. I work right off I-40 and right near a city trail.

Have a great evening everyone!

Jeannie

PS: Where there's a Wii there's a way.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options

We have a lot of things on our bases even though we are deployed or overseas. They try had to not make us miss home too much. The only thing real bad, is that the food is a lot more expensive because it is mostly imported. But the NEX/PX has a lot to keep us occuppied and sane.

Jess: My timex and even my polar (when I had it) monitored my heart rate continously as long as I had the band on. I really haven't seen any that does not monitor it for you. Or maybe I misunderstood your question.

Jam: Being that I am a service member, I want to say thank you. It is truly touching and (often times) brighten our days when we know that someone appreciates what we do.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    My Polar F7 continuously monitors my heart rate, tells me how many calories I'm burning as I burn them, and yells at me when my heart rate goes out of range. I paid $100 for it on Amazon. Well worth the money!

Thanks! Dose that come with a chest strap or is it just the watch? I actually saw that same one on amazon and was thinking about buying but some of the reviews made me hesitant!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Polar's normally have a chest strap. But I think a lot of people complain that you have to replace the strap when the battery goes bad or send it to them to replace. Whereas others, you can replace the batteries.

Workout #8 completed today! It was a great workout, mostly all lower body which I worked out yesterday in the gym also. I only burned 127 calories, but since only a few activities were cardio, I guess that is an okay number of calories burned.