Would you pay for MFP?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would have signed up if it hadn't been free. But I do agree with some that the option of using the service ad-free potentially has its value.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Would you pay for MFP if the app was no longer free? How much would you pay monthly?

PLANT ITS A PLANT!!!!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have started MFP if it costed me anything. Even if there was a free trial.

Now? Maybe.. But only because I'm addicted to the site. Four months ago, forget it.
    and
    If they had an option to get rid of the ads and I could pay some modest fee (say about $20 per year), I'd probably pony up.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    no I would switch over to the other website
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • shadoewz
    Options
    No.....I came here because it was free. If I had a lot of money I wouldn't need this, I would just have a personal trainer and chef :P
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Probably not even now, as I'm practically addicted to the site.

And truthfully, if I'd stumbled across this site when I was just starting out and discovered it cost money? No thanks.
  • moonievidler
    moonievidler Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't be giving them any ideas... shhh...

What she said :)
  • JoanneRuddock
    JoanneRuddock Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been on a similar website before which l used to pay for it was called nutra check l am constantly getting offers to lure me back but why would l when you have sites like this for free.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I might consider it if they were to get rid of the whiney, ***** moderators.
  • kurusbanget
    kurusbanget Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No. :happy:
  • Filomenaaa
    Filomenaaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Neh.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    That would surely suck, the one thing I love about this site is that it is free. I think it has a long way to go before it can become worth paying for.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    sure, charge the newbies but "grandfather " the current members in...I wont pay for it when I signed up for free. plenty other sites to go to.
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    No. (But I love MFP - no complaints, here.)
  • suegmune
    Options
    I think there are other free options out there. I would look for one of those before paying. Its not like this site has had a makeover in the last few years. I'm sure there are some sites that offer cooler/easier tracking than this one.....for free.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that it should stay free.. I agree with some of the other comments, that especially newcomers would be less likely to use it if you had to pay for it. And if it was mandatory, members would drop left and right.

But, if there was a paid user option, and some people could "upgrade" their account for a small fee to get some perks, I would be all for it in a heartbeat.

Things like:
    - Less ads
    - More userpic uploads
    - Exclusive features
  • rhonniema
    Options
    NOPE!
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Micoach and Livestrong.com are great sites that are free...plenty of other choises.