Would you pay for MFP?

Options

Replies

• NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Would you pay for MFP if the app was no longer free? How much would you pay monthly?

No. Because I can't afford to pay. It's why I don't go to weight watchers or use their site.
    To get what we get on here on weightwatchers.com you have to pay for it. I like this site
    and would hate to leave it but I will if ever it goes pay
  • laurajordana
    laurajordana Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I might pay a couple bucks a month if they made the following improvements....

i.e. no ads, forums on the mobile apps, being able to change what meal a certain food was on the mobile apps (instead of deleting and adding to another meal), being able to edit multiple items on the website (instead of deleting one by one, which you can do in the app), macro graph on the website, being able to copy a meal to any other meal on the same day or any other day (right now it just copies to another day at the same meal, but what if i want last nights dinner for lunch?), searching in a specific forum, searching just in your recent or frequent foods, sorting search results by # of confirmations, etc

those are just some of my ideas.. lol
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Geez let's not give the owner of the website any bright ideas!!!! I have come to rely on it so much now that I just might. Or I'd find another calorie counting site that was free....
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    No.
    I would have done the WWonline but it is $$. That is how I found MFP and LOVE IT!
    If I had to pay, I would just find a new free online calorie counter.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'd just find another free app.The reason I joined MFP was that it was free. I HATE monthly/yearly fees. If i had to pay like two bucks to download the app, i'd probably keep it at this point, but I'd be annoyed.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Don't be giving them any ideas... shhh...
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes I would...it's the only thing that has worked for me in years...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,035 Member
    Options
    No. Maybe it would break my addiction.

Too many other free sites.
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No. I would not pay. I love this site and have lots of friends on herem that encourage me just as I encourage them. I have left one website [along with several of my friends]. We found each other here. My computer was down for a week and I had to track my calories and sodium of paper. No fun. I love MFP.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Nope there are too many other sites out there which are free so its a matter of hopping from one to another.
  • odditblue
    odditblue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nope. Can't afford it. I'd have to find another site and it would really, really suck. =(
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I stopped using WW online b/c I thought it was silly to pay for just the online tool...spend that money on a gym membership! Then I starting tracking on my own then found this site. If I had to pay I would likely find someplace else to track.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A great big resounding NO. There would not be a chance that at this moment my budget could be stretched for even a couple of dollars more. Like so many others have said, "I would find a new free site".
  • evamcph
    evamcph Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's why I quit Weight Watchers online & now doing this instead. WW is not expensive, but I like more control over my food plan.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    one of the helpful perks about this sit is that it's FREE! that's why i'm able to do it!!
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't use the mobile app. The regular Web site would need some major enhancements before I'd even consider paying for a subscription--it just isn't that good.

In the 8 or 9 months I've been on MFP, I've seen numerous requests for better reporting features, or at least the ability to export data for use with a spreadsheet. Recipe sharing, either between MFP friends or with the community in general, is another big one. Being able to track more than six columns of nutrients in the food diary, out of the 16 or 17 available. (I hear that can be done on the mobile apps, on a 4" screen; why not on my 20" or 22" PC monitor?) Flagging entries that have repeatedly been marked as inaccurate in the food database would be nice, too. But those requests all seem to fall on deaf ears.
  • Themuseinme
    Themuseinme Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love this site and it has really helped me. I am not working now so -No I wouldnt pay for it, However IF I were t get a job, and IF the cost was low enough I probably would join but only till i got to my goal weight.:indifferent:
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'd just migrate to one of the other free calorie tracking sites.
  • Open1956
    Options
    No...Not when WebMd offers an extremely similar tool.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    Don't be giving them any ideas... shhh...

yeah-- seriously! The ads/free model works for me!