Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"Natural Flavor" ingredient exposed?

Replies

• EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    And this is why butter (two ingredients) is better than low-fat spread (17 including flavouring in a random one I looked up).

I'm terrified of the saturated fat content of butter. Again, I don't know anything about diet, but from what I read on my own I've read that saturated fat is the cause of LDL levels going up. This doesn't affect me though because with my lactose intolerance I can't have butter anyways but it would be nice to know the facts for my butter loving wife.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    well you aren't gonna get many pats on the back by arguing with people.

like i said, ask questions, keep opinions to yourself if they aren't educated ones.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    And this is why butter (two ingredients) is better than low-fat spread (17 including flavouring in a random one I looked up).

I'm terrified of the saturated fat content of butter. Again, I don't know anything about diet, but from what I read on my own I've read that saturated fat is the cause of LDL levels going up. This doesn't affect me though because with my lactose intolerance I can't have butter anyways but it would be nice to know the facts for my butter loving wife.

things you eat don't affect your cholesterol as much as you'd think.
  • EccentricDad
    42577ba2-8600-e0cd.jpg

Funny you post this picture because my wife is making me watch the documentary this guy is in. While it's fascinating to listen to someone else's perspective about how our ancestors did the fine cuts and made these huge pyramids, I think we are just insulting the intelligence of our ancestors by saying they were too stupid to figure out these things on their own and they needed aliens to help them. But quite ironic you are posting this right now and we are in the middle of watching it at the moment.

You even argue Ancient Aliens???? its like the best documentary ever! This guy was the most entertaining part however.

And it wasn't that they were too stupid to figure things out its that *kitten* was so advanced we couldn't even do half the Sh**t they did back then, seriously the arrogance astounds in all your posts.Of course you'd argue even the most intellegent of documentaries, you have a complete disdain for facts.

Honestly, I was already taking heat, I didn't want to agree with an alien post when the alien picture was used to tease/insult me. Clearly if I denied my potential acceptance of that documentary then no one would harass me for it. The forums exist for the majority (aliens don't exist) and not for the minority (aliens have to exist, how could we be the ONLY planet with life-forms out there).... But you see, disagreeing with my own beliefs is a survival tactic you have to learn when you realize how cruel society really is.
  • EccentricDad
    well you aren't gonna get many pats on the back by arguing with people.

like i said, ask questions, keep opinions to yourself if they aren't educated ones.

But aren't we all entitled to our opinions? Or does no such respect exist like they do in the mannerism books I was fed as a kid.
  • EccentricDad

things you eat don't affect your cholesterol as much as you'd think.

I would like you to tell me what does. Dying of heart disease is a concern of mine. Dying of any diet controllable disease is a concern.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    genetics mostly.......

and stress. it's a killer....so stop the internet arguements
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Why do these threads exist?

They don't really, they are only a matter of opinion.
  • EccentricDad
    genetics mostly.......

With all the mental problems I've listed (believeable or not) do you really see a stress free life in my future? LOL!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    genetics mostly.......

With all the mental problems I've listed (believeable or not) do you really see a stress free life in my future? LOL!

Your life is still what you make of it. No one is totally stress free. Focus on the good things you have and work to improve what isn't good. Be the best you that you can be and that's it. Don't compare yourself with everyone else. That is when life gets truly depressing. Start with your strengths and go from there.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    42577ba2-8600-e0cd.jpg

Funny you post this picture because my wife is making me watch the documentary this guy is in. While it's fascinating to listen to someone else's perspective about how our ancestors did the fine cuts and made these huge pyramids, I think we are just insulting the intelligence of our ancestors by saying they were too stupid to figure out these things on their own and they needed aliens to help them. But quite ironic you are posting this right now and we are in the middle of watching it at the moment.

You even argue Ancient Aliens???? its like the best documentary ever! This guy was the most entertaining part however.

And it wasn't that they were too stupid to figure things out its that *kitten* was so advanced we couldn't even do half the Sh**t they did back then, seriously the arrogance astounds in all your posts.Of course you'd argue even the most intellegent of documentaries, you have a complete disdain for facts.

Honestly, I was already taking heat, I didn't want to agree with an alien post when the alien picture was used to tease/insult me. Clearly if I denied my potential acceptance of that documentary then no one would harass me for it. The forums exist for the majority (aliens don't exist) and not for the minority (aliens have to exist, how could we be the ONLY planet with life-forms out there).... But you see, disagreeing with my own beliefs is a survival tactic you have to learn when you realize how cruel society really is.

:noway: :yawn:

Yea, people suck I dont disagree with that one bit, people are cruel, shallow, mean, inconsiderate jerks many of us in these forums know this ALL TO WELL you are NOT THE ONLY ONE who has been, picked on tormented or has "issues" most people just choose not to play victim ask for information/facts/advice publicly make announcements of some very personal info then go on a "I'm a victim spree" It really had to do less with the aliens and more the fact you argue everything even if facts/proof is layed before your eyes, nothing works and there is an excuse for literally everything.

It was entertaining at first, I hope you find peace at somepoint, being a victim is not a fun way to live.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    I am addicted to food. I feel like I will die without it.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    I've been in a relationship with someone like this and I will tell you it was THE most exhausting relationship I've ever found myself in. I don't know how this guy's wife copes, I really don't. They will pick fights and argue vehemently for their ridiculous positions, then claim you are attacking and/or insulting them and when all else fails they crumble into a hot azz mess of self pity because they are such good people, just misunderstood and perhaps cognitively lacking and everyone just wants to kick them down. And they firmly believe this *kitten* so it never, ever ends. I couldn't deal and had to leave, Mrs. ED is far more tolerant than I am.

I was going to say the same thing too but decided against it, glad someone else did.... he totally reminds me of my ex fiance...He's byebye now - I was too tolerant for too long...its a terrible kind of relationship/miserable.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    The advice I offer is this:

One of the best things I've ever learned is "pay attention and keep your mouth shut".
    Asking questions is fine, but if you're new, don't argue. Listen to people with more experience.

:flowerforyou: my hero
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    PSA: MFP COMMUNITY, WE'RE ALL BEING PUNKED.

Dude is sitting in his basement, with a giant gym and a bag of chee-tos, laughing at us all.

Thanks for the entertainment, Brah.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I admit, I didn't follow the link. I'm just trying to figure out what the argument is about from the comments. The article or video or whatever it is is probably just more sensationalist media crap, so I wouldn't make too much of it. Just don't eat too much and exercise often and you'll probably be just fine... I guess what I'm trying to say is, that Giorgio Tsoukalos meme is frickin hilarious.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    42577ba2-8600-e0cd.jpg

^^^ This guy is hilarious to watch. ahahaha From his ideas, to that HAIR! I don't care about this thread (leaving now)... just love that post. ahahaha
  • EccentricDad
    I've been in a relationship with someone like this and I will tell you it was THE most exhausting relationship I've ever found myself in. I don't know how this guy's wife copes, I really don't. They will pick fights and argue vehemently for their ridiculous positions, then claim you are attacking and/or insulting them and when all else fails they crumble into a hot azz mess of self pity because they are such good people, just misunderstood and perhaps cognitively lacking and everyone just wants to kick them down. And they firmly believe this *kitten* so it never, ever ends. I couldn't deal and had to leave, Mrs. ED is far more tolerant than I am.

I was going to say the same thing too but decided against it, glad someone else did.... he totally reminds me of my ex fiance...He's byebye now - I was too tolerant for too long...its a terrible kind of relationship/miserable.

There's a reason you didn't say it, it's because it's RUDE and uncalled for. My wife and I never fight. She accepts me for my flawedness as she is equally flawed. Thank you for pushing me further into my inferiority complex though, I appreciate your brutal honesty as much as I appreciated the kick in the nuts when I was getting ganged up on in football as a kid.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    There's a reason you didn't say it, it's because it's RUDE and uncalled for. My wife and I never fight. She accepts me for my flawedness as she is equally flawed. Thank you for pushing me further into my inferiority complex though, I appreciate your brutal honesty as much as I appreciated the kick in the nuts when I was getting ganged up on in football as a kid.
    hahahah I'm sorry the last line got me.
  • EccentricDad
    Your life is still what you make of it.

I was read the same lies as a kid too, but I know the truth. We are all given a hand of cards. While some cards you can put back in the deck, shuffle and get new ones; there are some (like genetics) that remain in your hand and you just have to deal with the cards you're dealt.

I do not try to play victim, but if you aren't going to try to learn how someone's life COULD be different than yours, why even bother socializing with other people?
This discussion has been closed.