Would you pay for MFP?

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Probably not. As for the Ads, I have done something on this site that I have done nowhere else, I have actualy clicked on ads and bought stuff.
    :blushing: :laugh: Me too! Great make up ads, nail polish, shoes/boots and awesome clothing ads. Depending on what someone has Googled ...the above are the types of ads I get on here so I'm cool with it.:smokin: :bigsmile:

Nice to know there's someone else that appreciates the great ads!:wink:
  • ogriffix
    Options
    No. There are several reasons.
    1) No notifications when a comment is posted.
    2) Inability to post photos to news feed
    3) Can not post links on my profile
    4) Can not post links others profiles
    5) Accuracy of calories burned
    6) Can not block users
    7) Many other reasons, but it is acceptably functional for what I need it to do.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    No. I'm too poor to pay for anything like this, and if MFP became unavailable for that reason, there are other free options.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    nope.

i would just go back to livestrong 'myplate' or the equivalent. or make my own program.
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't need anymore bills :O
  • ogriffix
    Options
    Reason #8) Can not delete stored foods or workouts
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    nah I wouldn't, too many other options for tracking calories and stuff, plus the good ol notebook and doing old fashioned math. The ideas and stuff I get in the forums is nice, but I would still have pinterest and google for recipe ideas.
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    No... because there are others that are still free. If I wanted to pay... I'd join Weight Watchers.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Wouldnt pay a dime. not for the shoddy advice. Not for the tools, i can find nutrient trackers elsewhere.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    No. There are several reasons.
    1) No notifications when a comment is posted.
    2) Inability to post photos to news feed
    3) Can not post links on my profile
    4) Can not post links others profiles
    5) Accuracy of calories burned
    6) Can not block users
    7) Many other reasons, but it is acceptably functional for what I need it to do.

6) Can not block users
    Actually you can block users on the boards. Click the arrow under the users name and click on the block feature. When their posts show up it will show it as blocked with no name of user.
    Reason #8) Can not delete stored foods or workouts

Actually you can delete workouts if your list gets too long or you no longer do that particular workout.
  • sbarbry
    Options
    Don't be giving them any ideas... shhh...

^^^^^^^
    this
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Now that I have been on here a while? Nope. I would just paper track. It would take a little extra on my part to figure out macro amounts and such, but definitely doable on my own.

Before when I had no idea what would work for me? If wasn't an crazy amount, maybe for a month or two to figure out what worked for me, then I would cancel and paper track.

The ads have nothing to do with my opinion. I actually like some of them!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Actually you can delete workouts if your list gets too long or you no longer do that particular workout.

How do you do this!?
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't care as long as the website was still free. I don't use the app as often as the real website.
  • mikewpg1ca
    mikewpg1ca Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sure if the fee was reasonable, maybe $50-60/year. But, that's because I've been on here for five months already and am hooked. If they did charge, there'd have to be no ads and they'd have to make a number of improvements to make it worth it.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I would like the site/ app to remain free but I would be willing to pay for an upgrade if I was able to receive notifications, allowed to post links/ pictures to my post, block ads, and possibly other add-ons.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    No. I would SparkPeople cause theirs is free and better. I love the thread here that's about it.
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt be able to .My budget is stretched tight as it is . I am so happy that it is free !!!!!
  • tekkie79
    Options
    To remove ads, I'd pay about $30 a year.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Don't be giving them any ideas... shhh...

I wouldn't pay for MFP, I would switch to Weight Watchers or look for another free site.