Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Granola...
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Marie Calendar's pot pies. I love them, but they're supposed to be 2 servings and high calories. Who only eats half the pot pie? I haven't had one in a year so I don't remember the calorie count, but it made me sick!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I got fat off of sugar laden coffee drinks. I could drink two large Turtle Mocha drinks from Caribou in one day. Just one of them is 510 calories...
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cereal!!!
  • AndoRules
    AndoRules Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Milk. Just regular old milk. I used to drink the stuff by HUGE glassfulls, and I still love it. It would be my drink of choice if every glass I typically have wasn't over 400 calories!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Poptarts! Never eat them anymore.
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Orange Juice. Like liquid candy. Haven't drank it in a year...

I quit drinking it also, was shocked at how many calories were in a cup
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Any salad at a fast food place...might just as well be eating the cheeseburger and fries, lol.

I saw on a MFP posters diary a chicken casserole that had 1300 calories in it!! Talk about making my eyes bug out, lol.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My obsession with FRU FRU coffees from Starbucks, Dunkin and everywhere else....has turned into a loathing.
    I used to skip the whipped topping and think I was ok... I mean it is just mocha, or caramel, or whatever... with a little cream and sugar, RIGHT???

I now drink the skinnier versions of those items..
    Like a black coffee with 2 sugars (28 calories)..
    Or a K-Cup with only 60 calories (depending on flavor)... and never ever again will I waste half a day's calories on one item!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    5lb burrito, it was a less cals then I expected
  • 6566tess
    6566tess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    same here! I about died when I saw how many calories in the salad! Bummer cause it was sooo good
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bad surprise: Most fruit juices
    Good surprise: Honeydew melons
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Any salad at a fast food place...might just as well be eating the cheeseburger and fries, lol.

I saw on a MFP posters diary a chicken casserole that had 1300 calories in it!! Talk about making my eyes bug out, lol.

Sometimes the hamburger and fries in the kids meal is less calories!!!
  • Amedug
    Amedug Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Custard creams!!
    I'd munched through 10 or so watching telly before I added them to my diary.
    60 calories each!! I'd had 600 calories!!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've been as shocked by the calorie counts as I have by the actual serving sizes! One time I thought I'd just grab a ready to drink protein shake - so I saw one by Odwalla that looked really awesome, only to find out this tiny little bottle was TWO servings at about 240 calories per serving! That was the last time I even LOOKED at those buggers!
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Picked up a food scale last week... Made a sammie this morning for work. Thought I would add a small amount of peanut butter as I was going to weigh it - over two hundred calories in peanut butter! 90 calories a tablespoon? Me and my new food scale are going to do a lot of falling out. We already have a nasty disagreement about what an ounce of cheese looks like...
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Orange Juice. Like liquid candy. Haven't drank it in a year...

I quit drinking it also, was shocked at how many calories were in a cup

My uncle turned me on to the Trop 50 juice. If you have a jones for some OJ, this one won't kill you at least!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Cakes/biscuits etc. I don't really eat them, but I like going to Costa for coffee, and they display the calorie content of everything, and a small slice of cake has over 600 calories in it!

I was tempted by a bourbon biscuit in the office at work the other day.....70 calories! I decided not to bother.
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I agree Applebee's - I got the shrimp and spinach salad thinking I was making a smart choice...WRONG...960 calories. I know try to remember to check calorie counts ahead of time. Though many times I have decided to just cook after looking - the sodium count of restaurant food is horrible.
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Red Meats....

The night BEFORE I started using MFP I grilled a hugantic (it's a word, trust me) T-bone steak, medium rare, with a salad (including a small amount of dressing and some shredded cheddar cheese.) It was DEEEELICIOUS.

The next day, on MFP, I decided to create the meal just to check it out - holy COW - a 4-ounce serving of steak was 242 calories, and I KNEW that t-bone was more than a pound (including bone) WOAH!! Toss in some dressing and cheese on the salad, and I had consumed over 1,000 calories eating what I thought was an uber-healthy, low-carb meal...

It goes to show really that even a home-cooked meal can be pretty bad for you.