Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @christine--I agree w/ kaye. If it bothers you to have her as a friend, delete her. She probably won't even notice (MFP doesn't alert people when you delete them), so you don't have to feel bad about it. I would never suggest you abandon a real world friend in a similar situation, but MFP should be all about you and YOUR needs. Most of us are in our current state b/c we spent too much time taking care of others rather than ourselves--don't let MFP become another place that distracts you from putting yourself first. On the other hand, if it doesn't bother you, keep her as a friend, but don't invest a lot of time in giving her advice you know she's not hearing. Instead, just stick with your healthy journey and perhaps your good example will help her see the light.

@raven--glad you are able to keep the soda under control and that your headaches have subsided.

I was going to do a bunch of other personal, but I got sidetracked by a phone call. In general, it looks like everyone is off to a good start for this week. :flowerforyou:

Tuesday Goals:
    I'm almost completely caught up with my grading!!! :bigsmile: I just need to finish 9 more analysis activities. The best news is that the only additional work I'm collecting this week is a journal reflection from my AP students. They are turning those in tomorrow, so I'm going to finish them by Friday and have the weekend off!! Nice, b/c it's my birthday weekend. :happy:

Grading goals:
    1. 22/22 vocab quizzes DONE!!!
    2. 2/11 AP analysis activities
    3. 49/49 AP unit tests DONE!!!
    4. write rec letter for student
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals... to keep dedicated to my health while balancing school/ home/work/"the guy". I slacked off on my walking last week and sure felt it the last couple of walks. I have just under 31 miles left for my Halloween challenge, and will not let life get in the way of my health!! School is a LOT of work, so I hope you all forgive me for not posting much. I am hoping that I get used to all of this stuff, and can get back to showing some support. Each of you has been so wonderfully helpful and kind to me. HUGS! :flowerforyou: You deserve that in return!
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Caught up on all of the posts as I was doing that I re read mine from Monday. Man do I need to start proofing or spell check or something. :tongue:
    @Christine--I agree that MFP is for you about takeing care of yourself, So if this friend is a distraction than delete. This is about you taking time and care of you, yourself, . That's my two cents. :wink: :wink:
    @mywalkingqueen--Congrats on the house:smile:

@Kaye and @uskkii --drinking water is hard not my drink of choice I had to almost pretend I had doctors orders like a prescription. to get my water in. That is what I do.:drinker: :drinker:
    @Tina welcome back
    @nicole I am sure that you will get everything in balance. It is hard isn't it. As I stop by and pickup KFC for dinner. not good:tongue:

My Tuesday goal is to figure out this work thing and meals. I had this whole plan even set it up yesterday but as I was coming home realise that I forgot to call my daughter to put on dinner. :grumble:

Work on that balance being more organized-- also to keep walking today was good hoping to continue that through the rest of the week.

Thank you hoping everyone has a good night.

Liz
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Tuesday goal: may sound silly, but i'm addicted to seeing if my hard work has been paying off so I check weight everyday. My goal is to not check it again before next Monday. Can I doooo it?

You can do it! When I first started I weighed once a week. Well then I sort of hit a plateau and started weighing daily. Still something I'm working on. But you can do it and I will do it with you and weight until next Monday to weigh in! Although I have to weigh in Friday for a challenge I'm doing.

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope we can do it! :D
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,113 Member
    Options
    Hi - just a quick check-in.............I'm awake but pretty much brain dead so pardon me. I've been so far out of my comfort zone so many times today I cannot believe it. I know nada about guns but I picked today to hunt down all the ammunition in my dad's house, round it up, hunt for his guns and secure everything to take outta there and to my house. I didn't think my dad would leave any guns loaded but I did my best to check and guess what, yep, I pumped a shell outta one of the shotguns. First time I've ever picked one up. I believe I left plenty of sweat behind. Took forever to check out 2 rifles and 2 shotguns. AND, I didn't shoot myself, or anything on his acreage. Aren't you proud? Well, maybe not, but I was or my guardian angel was working overtime.

I'll spare you the rest of the day's trials and tribulations. I'm happy to be home and hope to catch up more tomorrow (or maybe I'll sleep all day)!!

My goal is to try again for 35 miles of walking this week. We'll see how it goes but even with a crazy day of driving and my dad's appointments w/various doctors, I did get 5 miles for the day. Yeah.

Here's to ya----:drinker: Hoping for success for us all!!!!

Lin
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals... to keep dedicated to my health while balancing school/ home/work/"the guy". I slacked off on my walking last week and sure felt it the last couple of walks. I have just under 31 miles left for my Halloween challenge, and will not let life get in the way of my health!! School is a LOT of work, so I hope you all forgive me for not posting much. I am hoping that I get used to all of this stuff, and can get back to showing some support. Each of you has been so wonderfully helpful and kind to me. HUGS! :flowerforyou: You deserve that in return!

You just take care of yourself, we know you will be with us in spirit and when you can. Just post when you can.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    LOL, peril of being on the west coast is that someone else has usually said what I was planning to.

So, @ Chris: what skinnyjeanz said (as usual). @ Nicole: what Chris said. LOL

@ Robin, I have not purchased a dress. Will do so next weekend. And whether I meet my goal or not, I will buy a dress that fits me properly and is flattering. (No matter what size I am, I don't buy based on the number on the tag. And I don't buy anything that doesn't make me look better!)

Tuesday goal: keep cals under target for the rest of the week and work out Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Mid-way through in-law invasion. Just 5 more days. If I never see another mall again, it will be too soon. I had all these stupendous ideas--the Chihuly and autumn exhibit at the arboretum, the book depository (Kennedy exhibit), the museum, balloon festival, movies, opening day of state fair (this Fri.)--they wanted to go to Neiman-Marcus, Costco (?!), Saks, DSW, Sam Moons, Galleria and malls. When not doing that, they play with their new electronic toys.

Hubby's 70th birthday Monday. Restaurant owner brought out a selection of complimentary and "deathly" fabulous desserts. Oh, I am so weak. The devil(sfood) made me do it! Even though we shared them, each dessert alone was enough to feed all at the table.

Discovered today I am LOSING MY HAIR! Suspecting it's several of the Rx's I'm taking, including warfariin.:sad:

Toots: Good news about NOT moving. Want to know how your :heart: is doing. No results yet?

Halloween Challenge: 9,074 steps today/110,974 steps to date/400,000 goal. Hope all challengers are doing well.
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Church tonight so just checking in to say Hi!

Tuesday goals:
    Increasing distance on my daily walk
    Walk 7 days a week
    Kettlebells 4 days a week
    Dancing or Zumba Sat or Sun

I'll have more time tomorrow to talk!:yawn:
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    I'm back after my trip to Oregon and backpacking adventure! Our trek was cut short because forest fires around Sisters closed the last section of trail, but we still hiked about forty miles in five days. And the terrain was much more difficult than I imagined (we even traversed some snow pack in the higher elevations), so it was more than enough of a challenge for me. My Wednesday wish is that the skin will grow back on my heels so I can start logging some more steps to complete my Halloween challenge. As I'm limping around, I realize skin is rather essential. Slow night at work (thankfully), so I am almost caught up on the 500+ emails I missed while on vacation, not to mention the 22 pages of this thread (which, to be honest, took precedence over some of the email). Everything is blending together a bit at the moment, so kudos to those with victories and hang-in-theres to those who are struggling!
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Stacey -- Welcome! Good luck with 30DS; I've been too chicken to try it because I keep thinking it's for thin people. Let us know how you get on.

@Tina -- I'm tempted to say ONEderland by Christmas, too, but I'm not sure how practical it is for me (another 18 pounds), and I'd be distressed if I set the target and then didn't make it. It would be a huge psychological thing for me because I think it's been more than ten years. And good to see you back!

@Robin -- aren't you in the wars at the moment? Hope you're feeling better soon.

@Nicole -- just time to get to the gym in September -- you can do it! Don't worry about not posting too much; just keep logging.

@Kris -- I think there always walkers on 5ks, really. Good on you for having a go!

@Kaye -- when I have cals left after dinner, unless its huge numbers, I just reckon I didn't need them that day. It makes me feel better about the days I go over. If I have quite a lot left, I'll have some tinned fruit, or have a snack later in the evening if I'm hungry.

@Christine -- most of my pals here are eating reasonably sensibly, but there's one girl I friended early on who's on a shakes & one meal a day type diet. And of course she's losing incredibly fast (over twice as fast as me, and she started at about the same time) and I keep having to bite my lip not to say 'and what's going to happen when you start eating real food again hmmm?'

@Maddalen -- the weird thing I've found is that a perfectly ordinary, satisfying meal, made out of actual stuff, no particular weight-loss foods, is about 500-550 cals. Like yesterday we had a cottage pie; mince & carrots & onions topped with mashed potato (made with milk & butter), and it was *fantastic* and 520 cals a (huge) portion. You know, anyone can fit that in their diet. And then you look at restaurant and coffee shop food and discover that it's possible to have 520 calories in a *coffee* at Starbucks.

@Raven -- I reckon the thing to do with exercise is to mix it up and keep trying different things. Because I have a goal of '30 minutes cardio every day', I have some things in the mix that are pretty easy for days when I just don't feel like doing much.

@Lin -- gosh that's a scary story about your dad's guns.

@Marsha -- I'm sure the hair loss is much more noticable to you than to other people. But do get the doctor to check it out.

Tuesday goals -- my goal for this week is to just keep plugging on. It's tempting to try to have a really big loss this week because I'm not doing anything particularly food-heavy at the weekend; but I know it's better just to stick to the plan... and Wednesday wishes -- still wishing for that tidy house!

-- Alison
  • QBMontana
    QBMontana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish - I wish that I have enough, lose enough, laugh enough and enjoy more than enough.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Wednesday Wish~That everyone who is feeling under the weather or is injured, is feeling better soon. I also hope this day goes by fast, so I can get to the doc and see what's going on - then home to my sofa for some much needed rest (just exhausted).

@Christine~I agree with the others, I would only unfriend her if it is deterring you from your goals. We always want to be there for family and friends, but sometimes we need to put ourselves first.

@Karen~How nice it will be to have your birthday weekend free. Anything fun planned?

@Marsha~I have so much hair that I never really notice whether or not its thinning (truth be told I could stand to lose some), but recently have noticed a lot more in the tub and on my brush. The way I've been feeling lately though I think I may have some endocrine issues (or its just stress), I'm off to the doc this afternoon to have things checked out.

@Nicole~Its always hard to find that balance at the beginning of the semester, things will start to fall into place soon. You're doing great, so hang in there!

Another busy day here getting ready for our employee appreciation day. I will try to stop by later or tonight. Have a fab day! :drinker:
  • pattynava
    Options
    Happy HuMp DaY!!! Well...today I am 40:sad: and not anywhere near where I'd hoped to be by now:grumble:
    Wednesday Wish: To be Happy, Be Healthy, and I wish the same for you:flowerforyou:
    Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be Blessed:heart:
    patty
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Wednesday Wish(es):

•Do well on my advertising presentation
    •Eat well and stay in the green for all categories
    •Do NOT weigh myself today!
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    OK, I have just had a shock. My husband was buying running shoes at the weekend, and the shop had a competition on, which they persuaded me to enter. We have won some shop vouchers (fantastic) and two entries to the Reading half marathon in March.

Is this remotely plausible? I've been exercising every day, though not actually running, and the most I've ever done before is a 5k and I walked lots of that.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    OK, I have just had a shock. My husband was buying running shoes at the weekend, and the shop had a competition on, which they persuaded me to enter. We have won some shop vouchers (fantastic) and two entries to the Reading half marathon in March.

Is this remotely plausible? I've been exercising every day, though not actually running, and the most I've ever done before is a 5k and I walked lots of that.
    Sure it's plausible. It will take dedication. Even if you don't make it all the way to finish at least you have a mileage goal to beat in the next marathon you run in.
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    @sunshine_frec -- good luck on your presentation

Wednesday - Wishes

I would get by bass boat finished and in the water.
    My instructor would stop giving so much busy work.
    My energy level would return since i stopped drinking coffee (3 weeks into no coffee).
  • joerobbins2001
    Options
    Hey everyone hope you are all having a good Wednesday! I am just checking back in to say hi and say that I am continuing to do well on the plan I am working from. I had a crappy weekend eating wise but was able to get right back in the saddle Monday morning and dropped all the weight from the weekend. I was just really busy and ate out like 5 times from Friday to Sunday night. So, things are going well but I am struggling a little with hunger this morning but another 32oz of water should fix that!

I have also had some victories in making good choices food wise when I do eat during the day. I have ALWAYS been absolutely awful at grabbing something completely off the chart and unnecessary when I go to the store or a convenience store for gas or basically anywhere I go alone. I have been doing pretty well at either getting nothing or making a good choice if I HAVE to have something I will get like a pack of 2 boiled eggs or a pre-packaged piece of cheese or something like that instead of a bag of cookies or a brownine or something similar. I picked up a Little Debbie brownie yesterday (I would normally have gotten 2 of them) and looked and they are 500 calories EACH. Yikes, it is hard to imagine how many calories a day I have been eating for years now, it would not surprise me if it was in the 5,000 range. :noway:

So, for those of you struggling with a food addicition like mine (see previous posts in this thread) I encourage you to go all out on the offensive and call a spade a spade and admit it. I am not suggesting you necessarily be as radical as I am but sometimes drastic situations require drastic responses and that is the case for me. I am actually doing well if I can get the day started right. My problem is food (period) is such a trigger for me if I start off on the wrong foot then my day is SHOT. But, if I can grab the bull by the horns and get out the door without throwing down a bowl of cereal and a package of pop tarts and last nights leftovers then I can do well. I simply don't eat and grab a bottle of G2 and take it with me. I then drink that when I get to work and just refill it with water continuously through the day. Whenever I feel a little hunger I throw down another 10-20 ozs and I'm good.

I do make sure I have protein in the evenings when I get home and take a multi-vitamin everyday. The thing is when I get home we have 6 kids so i'm always busy running somewhere or doing something (not much down time) that I can only do so much damage :wink: in the hours I have left before bed. I eat dinner with the family everynight and load up on veggies and try to eat them first. So, i'm not just starving to death I just need that day to start right and it is helping me so much. I have not recorded a weight yet this week but I am down I think 3.5 pounds from my last weigh in.

Ok, i'll shut up now :laugh: ......... HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE...... :drinker:

Joe
  • joerobbins2001
    Options
    Wow, that was really longer than I thought it was... Yikes.... :noway: