Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    she will always be my little girl. :love:

Cath - NO one takes care of you like Mom. When I had my stroke I was NEVER so happy to see anyone as my mom when she finally walked into my hospital room. It's wonderful that she has you there to take c are of her!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: That my daughter (22 years old) could get rid of this infection with cryptosporidium. It is nasty, nasty stuff. She was in the hospital Sunday night and all day Monday. Yesterday did pretty well. I had to come home today to be with her, because her stomach cramps are unbearable. The doc ordered a med to help with the cramping, but she doesn't seem to be getting better. We are going to the doctor this pm. It might seem weird that I came home to stay with my 22 year old daughter, but she has an anxiety disorder and thinks she is dieing (really!), and she will always be my little girl. :love:

I'm so sorry for your daughter's illness, I hope she can find some relief soon. I'm in my 40s and my mom still helps me out - helped me through two minor surgeries this year. I don't know what I would do without her sometimes (and I don't want to find out). :love:
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    cath- i have had cryptospridium in the past and would not wish it on anyone!!! it is brutal and there is not much you can do but let it run its course. She if fortuneate to have you there......

wednesday wish- more motivation to get moving more consistently.....been doing well this week.....just want it to contine
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    walked 2.8 miles around our local lake.....very happy i was able to do the loop twice.....first time i could do that
    came home and had a nice juicy grapefruit....mmmmm
    i had put dinner in the oven before i left so i can sit and read till it is done :happy:
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just an update on some progress here: I am exceptionally proud of myself. I decided to preplan my meals and have successfully upped my net calorie gain. I'm still bummed that I botched my breakfast, but the plus to that is I made up for it.

Also exceptionally proud of myself because I'm following through with my main Tuesday goal and exercising throughout the day instead of before I want to go to bed.

Feer me! I'm on a roll! rofl
    walked 2.8 miles around our local lake.....very happy i was able to do the loop twice.....first time i could do that
    came home and had a nice juicy grapefruit....mmmmm
    i had put dinner in the oven before i left so i can sit and read till it is done happy

@karenleona Congrats! You're doing great :) keep up the good work
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Okay MFP family, I need some help. I was doing my C210k workout today and I was feeling fine. The last 5 minutes or so I got extremely hot and my skin turned PURPLE! I have NEVER felt this way before. I didn't feel like I was fatigued. I was breathing just fine. I'm not sure what was going on. Does anyone have any ideas? It kind of freaked me out a little bit. I think it freaked the guy working out next to me too because he was like, "Uh...did you know your arms are turning purple?"

Any input or ideas you guys have would be great. I'm currently sitting in the air conditioning drinking lots of water because my skin is still VERY hot.

Thanks,
    Jana
  • Annie219
    Options
    Okay MFP family, I need some help. I was doing my C210k workout today and I was feeling fine. The last 5 minutes or so I got extremely hot and my skin turned PURPLE! I have NEVER felt this way before. I didn't feel like I was fatigued. I was breathing just fine. I'm not sure what was going on. Does anyone have any ideas? It kind of freaked me out a little bit. I think it freaked the guy working out next to me too because he was like, "Uh...did you know your arms are turning purple?"

Any input or ideas you guys have would be great. I'm currently sitting in the air conditioning drinking lots of water because my skin is still VERY hot.

Thanks,
    Jana

That never happened to me when I did C25k. My face turns bright red like a strawberry, but I've never turned purple. I'm usually huffing and puffing at the point my face reddens, though. I hope you feel better soon! That's very scary!
  • janak2004
    Options

Thanks,
    Jana

That never happened to me when I did C25k. My face turns bright red like a strawberry, but I've never turned purple. I'm usually huffing and puffing at the point my face reddens, though. I hope you feel better soon! That's very scary!

Yeah, it is a little scary. I'm not sure what caused it. I mean, I feel fine, but my skin just got REALLY hot. I've been running for a while now and this is the first time I have had this happen. I wonder if maybe I just over worked or something. Who knows?
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Thanks,
    Jana

Yeah, it is a little scary. I'm not sure what caused it. I mean, I feel fine, but my skin just got REALLY hot. I've been running for a while now and this is the first time I have had this happen. I wonder if maybe I just over worked or something. Who knows?

Its your blood circulating faster while you're exercising, a lot of people get red faces etc. (my face turns red if I'm exercising really intensely). Your body is trying to get rid of toxins, that's why it happens. It actually isn't a bad thing and is more common in people new to exercise or those that have increased their exercise. Make sure to stay well hydrated and cool, it can also happen if you are dehydrated.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Thanks,
    Jana

Oh wow :O

I am by NO MEANS a professional and this is entirely just a theory based solely on what I read. Is it possible that it was just your heart rate getting up there? Or maybe not enough water intake throughout your exercise? Otherwise I really wish I could help out more.

Could always mention it to your doctor next time you see him... or make an appointment if it happens again. If you felt fine with the exception of your skin getting hot I don't know if it's like an immediate see your doctor situation but then again, I'm kinda at a loss so I really could be wrong.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Thanks,
    Jana

I'm not a runner or anything, but I think a call to your doctor's office might be in order. People usually don't turn purple for no reason!

Christine
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    So I heard about this Halloween challenge, I'm interested. :D
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Not gonna do a lot of personals, but...

@jana--I've never had that happen--I've gotten red, but never purple! I hope one of the docs or nurses on the thread can give you some answers/advice.

@robin--glad you are on the mend, but hope that pain subsides quickly! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Wed. Wish:
    My wish is that these first motif analyses my juniors wrote are NOT an accurate representation of their writing ability. They are just terrible so far! :frown:

Tuesday Goals:
    Mon--walk dog (donating blood) DONE!!
    Tues--walk dog + core work (union board mtg) Walk is DONE!! Didn't do core work.
    Wed--long run w/ dog (faculty mtg) Just did a short walk--grading took precedence. Will do last night's core work tonight.
    Thurs--core work (haircut/pedi)
    Fri--walk dog
    Sat--walk dog + gym
    Sun--walk dog + gym

Grading goals:
    1. 22/22 vocab quizzes DONE!!!
    2. 23/58 motif analyses
    3. x/58 short answer tests
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Thanks,
    Jana

I'd call the Dr.'s.. that's not a good thing. Sounds like your blood pressure got really high out of nowhere. I'm not a medical expert though so you really should get that checked. Till then take it a little lighter. If you're finding your heart beating irregular or you're gasping for air stop.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Jana- That does sound scary. I would check with your doctor about that episode just to be safe. It could be that you pushed to hard and heart rate elevated or that your body was releasing toxins but I am not a doctor and have never heard of that before. Do you have a heart rate monitor? If so, how how was your heart rate at this time?

Update on pig can fly challenge- I played frisbee golf tonight and had a blast. Not only did I get to spend time outside and take a walk but I learned how to play a new game. I will be playing again.

Have a great day. Another busy day tomorrow but hopefully once the weekend is here my life will calm down again.
  • megancouch93
    Options
    Wednesday wishes: To get my weight down and my cycles regulated so my husband and I can be successful with trying to conceive our first baby. We've been trying for six months, since our miscarriage back in February. It has been really hard on both of us, so we're both getting healthier to see if that will help with trying to conceive.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: It's a hippy wish--that everyone in every country would embrace peace, love, respect, goodness, harmony, understanding, etc, etc. Now everybody join hands and sing the Coca Cola song.:love:

Welcome to 50 Days to Halloween Challenge Imackbeth, Doomcakes, and vinsonh42 and anyone else who needs a little push to increase activity. Despite foot and heel pain, I slogged through it. Funny how the pain faded the harder I pushed. However, NOW it's throbbing. Time for Tylenol I guess.

Today: 10,768 steps
    Total to date: 21,424
    Goal: 400,000

Question: Members of this thread have some interesting/perplexing/funny user names. Would any of your care to share how you got yours?

I'll go first. I love being a grandmother--it's the best thing since....chocolate! My grands call me Grammy and I wear that moniker with pride. Everyone in my family seems to have a nickname (Gabi-Girl, Catie Cat, Mighty Max & Wonder Will), somehow I became Grammy Whammy. What's your excuse?

Marsha
    aka Grammy Whammy
  • janak2004
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: It's a hippy wish--that everyone in every country would embrace peace, love, respect, goodness, harmony, understanding, etc, etc. Now everybody join hands and sing the Coca Cola song.:love:

Welcome to 50 Days to Halloween Challenge Imackbeth, Doomcakes, and vinsonh42 and anyone else who needs a little push to increase activity. Despite foot and heel pain, I slogged through it. Funny how the pain faded the harder I pushed. However, NOW it's throbbing. Time for Tylenol I guess.

Today: 10,768 steps
    Total to date: 21,424
    Goal: 400,000

Question: Members of this thread have some interesting/perplexing/funny user names. Would any of your care to share how you got yours?

I'll go first. I love being a grandmother--it's the best thing since....chocolate! My grands call me Grammy and I wear that moniker with pride. Everyone in my family seems to have a nickname (Gabi-Girl, Catie Cat, Mighty Max & Wonder Will), somehow I became Grammy Whammy. What's your excuse?

Marsha
    aka Grammy Whammy

My username is one I came up with when I was in 6th grade and started visiting chatrooms and such. It's my first name, beginning initial of my last name and my HS graduation year. Of course, nobody realizes that until I point it out...haha! I often get mistaken for someone of indian descent because they don't see my name as Jana K...they see it as Janak...which I guess is my own fault. :) I should have better thought that out...haha.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Mine is boring. :P My cat's name is MowMow.
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well, my name is Cathy, but my brothers and husband often call me "Cath." Esh is the first three letters of my last name.