Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• vinsonh42
    Options
    Thursday truth: I wish my bf would try to get the job he has been talking about. He would be working more and making 2.25 times more than he is now. It would just make things easier on him as he would be able to get his car fixed and would get benefits and be able to actually stay at the apartment he is paying half the rent of full time instead of the weekends and twice a week. I know thats kind of a wish too but its a truth as well.

My username-Is my last name first initial and the my birthday april 2nd, 42. My first name is Helena i just go by Lana. I have been thinking about changing my username I will let ya'll know if I do.

~Lana
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!

I was feeling perfectly fine this morning and then sometime during my 3rd period open, my nose started running! It's been like a faucet ever since, so apparently I have a cold. :frown:

On top of that I'm already 20 calories over for the day and haven't even eaten dinner.:noway: No major binges or anything, just poor planning on my part. The worst news is I won't have time to work out today b/c I'm getting my hair cut and a pedi--currently at the starbucks near the salon to grade until my appt. Really wish I had logged my food throughout the day--I would have at least ordered the grande instead of the venti... :ohwell: Maybe I'll get home early enough to walk Gunner.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Truth: Going to really have to watch it this week end. I went to the state fair and had a deep fried twinkie. It was not all that but passable. I did walk a couple times this week and cleaned off the bike.

user name: My friend long ago helped set up my first e-mail and said what do you want to be called. Ashkii is is boy in Navajo so I said that but he spelled it Ushkii so they is how I got my username.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Deanna and am just starting my weight loss journey on MFP, reading through some of these post am wondering if its okay i join in here, my goal is to lose 100 pounds, by my 35th birthday, i have had some struggles and started this in April of 2011, i have only lost and kept off 5 pounds, so a fresh start is what i need, i know realistically i will not make my goal by next april, but want to see how far i can get. Does anybody else have troubles losing with Fibromyalgia and Hypoglucemia?? Thank You!!

Deanna, several of us here have multiple chronic health issues, me included. I have fibro, COPD, arthritis, sleep apnea, and depression. Don't have hypoglucemia. Even with chronic health issues we are able to lose weight! Tracking calories, eating healthy and exercising to the extent you are able will work for you.

Christine
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Truth: Going to really have to watch it this week end. I went to the state fair and had a deep fried twinkie. It was not all that but passable.

i had a couple bites of a deep fried twinkie once and i had pretty much the same impression. it was okay, i guess. but i don't see what the big deal was. i also had a bite of a deep fried snickers at the same time. now THAT was something. but then i tried to take a second bite and i was sorry :laugh: so i'm guessing one bite of fried snickers is my max.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those who WOOTed with me the other day. That was very kind! :heart:

Uh, let's see, my user name is just a nickname I picked up over the years. I'll admit it was started by my ex but hey, not everything about him was bad. Ha. Then I just added some numbers to it. :glasses:

Thursday truth: I am doing everything that should ensure losing lbs, tracking, eating good things w/i calorie goal, drinking water and getting regular activity the truth is I feel like I never know IF I will indeed lose anything whatsoever. I'm always kind of amazed that people seem to plan on how much they're going to lose by the time some special event will take place or whatever. I just never feel confident at all about this. So there you go, realist? Pessimist? I don't know. At least I don't expect too much. HAAAAAA.

I'll just keep hoping for the best. There really isn't any other way I want to live my life at this point---I like the changes I've made this year.

I'm too darn tired to respond to prior posts but for everyone who's suffering, I hope you get relief soon. Wishing everyone a successful weekend because that's right around the corner!!

Lin AKA Linder
    :drinker:
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truths:

So my truth started this morning. My cousin Daniel, who got engaged the day of my 5k, called me and wanted to know why I wasn't "happy or excited" for him. Truth be told, I honestly don't know how to feel or how to explain it, so here is the best way I can think to put it out there.

~ You've been together for 4 months. I hardly think that constitutes a "relationship". However, I want to be supportive of you because you are pretty much the only brother I have ever had and I would hate for us not to be close.
    ~ You told me that you were going to at least wait until Christmas so that you could be past the 6 month mark! YOU LIED!
    ~ You picked MY weekend to propose to her. You knew that I had my first 5k and you chose to overshadow my hard work by proposing. Then you didn't even have the decency to call me and tell me! I had to find out via facebook!!!!!!!!
    ~ I may be a little jealous because I've been with my bf for 6yrs and you have only been with her 4 months. I have a problem with this. Not because you got engaged first, but because I hardly think 4 months is enough time to know someone and "know".

That's pretty much the way I explained it to him. He was very open to what I had to say and even apologized for stealing my thunder. He said that it just happened that way and had he remembered, he wouldn't have done it. I feel a little selfish for getting upset, but then again, he has never lied to me before. When he and I say we are going to do something, we stick to our word.

I guess I was just caught off guard. I was overly emotional from the excitement and I think I didn't have time to digest everything. Now that I look back, I don't think that I handled it in the best light, but then again neither did he. Ugh...at least he and I talked it out and everything is fine now.

So I guess my truth is that I really am happy for him but I wish he had gone about it in a different way.

Hope everyone has a great day and sorry for the rant. Just had to get it off my chest. :)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I got some bad news from my surgeon today. Apparently I was in a fog after the surgery and didn't recall her saying she did a biopsy. She called me with the results tonight. Not too bad of a diagnosis: vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia - Grade I. Its pre-cancerous. These things rarely turn cancerous. That's the good part. The bummer is now I have to start seeing an oncologist for treatment. Kind of an unwelcome surprise.

I also found out I should not be doing tummy tucks like I had been doing - she says it just pulls on the stitches and increases my pain. Darn - there is hardly anything physical that I can do except walk. And that's somewhat limited by pain in my butt - because there's stitches back there too! :blushing:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Marsha- thanks for for having everyone explain their user names. I have enjoyed reading them. My name is very simple my first name, last initial and the year I was born.

Tonight was back to school night and it went well but it was a long day at work. The good news is I have three day weekend coming up so that will be nice. I hope to catch up on a few things I need to do for work and I just remembered that I also need to plan a lesson for the Student teaching interns for Tuesday night. Weekend will be busy again.

Not much in the way of truths tonight. It has been a pretty good week.

I actually might get to learn tap dancing yet. We have a dance class at my school and she is able to teach tap. The teacher is willing to offer us a class after school. This will be great- perfect time and location. Now I am truly excited to try something different.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My parents hated me so they saddled me with the name Augie when I's just a pup. When I created my first e-mail account I used bigaugbiker cuz I'm large, I'm Aug, and I was a biker. I sold all the bikes a while ago , all my toys really, so now I'm just bigaug.

Thursday truth - I have been very negative lately, I need to be less negative. Be positive and positive things will happen, positively. Positive - it's kinda stupid but I'm excited about it. I got a new roll around toolbox at work. I have been joyously assembling it and transferring my tools from the old falling apart box to the new shiny pretty one. It's not 'my' toolbox, they aren't 'my' tools, but still I really dig it when we're allowed to upgrade. Truth is I am responsible for the box and the tools but I have to share it with 2 *kitten* who will stand 4 feet away and launch tools into my perfectly organized box, but for today I am loving it.

@Deanna - Welcome aboard. Yeah I guess you could say we have our fair share of health issues in this group. I'm heart disease, arthritis, gout, sleep apnea, and just for ****z and giggles now I'm carpal tunnel. You'll fit right in here.

@Rapt - thanks for the words of encouragement.

There were a few others I wanted to respond to but I'm plumb tuckered, catch yinz guys in the morning.

aug
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I got some bad news from my surgeon today. Apparently I was in a fog after the surgery and didn't recall her saying she did a biopsy. She called me with the results tonight. Not too bad of a diagnosis: vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia - Grade I. Its pre-cancerous. These things rarely turn cancerous. That's the good part. The bummer is now I have to start seeing an oncologist for treatment. Kind of an unwelcome surprise.

I also found out I should not be doing tummy tucks like I had been doing - she says it just pulls on the stitches and increases my pain. Darn - there is hardly anything physical that I can do except walk. And that's somewhat limited by pain in my butt - because there's stitches back there too! :blushing:

I am so sad to hear this. What a mean surprise. I am glad to hear that they rarely turn cancerous, and that you are being treated. Walking isn't so bad. Maybe a bit more boring than what you are used to, but you find ways to make it fun. I use my walks as my time to clear my head, time to think. Every time I walk, I daydream about the day when I will be able to run. Stay strong hon. ~hugs~
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @Robin--so sorry that is an awlful suprise. I am glad its not precancerous. You are in my thoughts & Prayers.
    @Lin, Hey you are in my prayers too and just want you to know that I think you are great how you are. I always look forward to your posts.

Loving reading everyone'suser name fun!

Today was ok we went to MK Nature center and walk the various paths most of the morning. It was fun nice weather for a walk.

Went to go home barely got done the road and my PT Cruiser started to over heat. We just went to Jiffy lube had full service the beginning of this week. So not sure what but frustrated. :angry:

Totally tired again.

Hoping for a good night sleep. Wishing everyone a good night.

LIz
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @robin--sorry to hear about your yucky news--I agree w/ nicole, that is a mean surprise. :grumble: Take care and don't push too hard too fast!

@aug--I think we all go through periods of negativity, but you are on the right track by recognizing it and making the decision to be more positive. Glad you are enjoying your new tool box. I feel the same way with "my" toys at work--I clearly don't own the document camera or short-throw projector in my classroom, but I admit I think of them as "mine." In fact, I was super-happy when I realized there are no other teachers sharing my classroom this year--don't have to worry about other people breaking "my" stuff. :happy:

@laurie--glad you will get to try the tap dancing! Enjoy your 3-day weekend!! :flowerforyou:

@jana--I don't think you are out of line for being a bit *miffed* at your cousin--4 months seems pretty quick (of course DH and I were together for 8 years before we tied the know--so my perspective may be a bit skewed :laugh: ). I also agree that it was insensitive of him to pop the question on YOUR big weekend, but it sounds like he didn't do it intentionally. Glad you guys talked it out--that's always better than letter those ill feelings fester.

@lin--when I 1st started and the weight was falling off, I would set goals to lose a certain amount by a certain date, but I tried to be realistic about it. But ever since the weight loss slowed to a crawl and I started plateauing and losing/gaining the same 3 lbs, I gave up on those types of goals. I agree with you--it's no longer about what I weigh, but about how healthy I am. Yes, I know I still have weight to lose, but (like you) I just try to do what I should as far as nutrition and exercise and hope for the best.

Thursday Truth:
    I've been struggling to stay under my calorie goal this past week--mainly b/c I haven't been able to get in any really high calorie burns. I knew going into this week that it would be rough with so many meetings and appts. I'm gonna see if I can even it out with exercise over the weekend, but this cold isn't going to help much in that area. :ohwell:

I realize I may have to adjust my calories up a bit now that I'm back at school. I had changed my goal to 1 &1/2 lbs per week for summer, but I may need to switch back to 1 lb/week.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Lots of fun reading about your user names. What a creative bunch of folks we are!

Thursday Truth: More of a complaint. So after several weeks of heel pain (prob. a bone spur as it doesn't quite feel like the plantar fasciitis of my not-so-good memory), I break down and buy nice, cushy walking shoes (Brooks). They felt great, for a week, then the top of my arch (top of right foot) began to feel like a pin was sticking in it, almost a burn. My 3.5 mile walk Tuesday was soooooo painful. I skipped walking for a day and did my regular gym routine, then today I walk 2.7 miles and thought I was going to die from foot pain. OW OW OW OW OW OW. Now the top of my left foot is feeling a little wonky. It must be the new shoes. Dang, darn, *?$@&%. Wonder if the store, Luke's Locker, will take them back? On top of that, I think I might have to see the Dr., it hurts that much! My PT (and boss) suggested I ice it/them and stay off my feet. Rrrriiiggghhhtt!

Enough whining.

Despite the AGONY I earned my steps--
    10,198 steps today
    31,622 total steps so far
    Challenge: 400,000 steps by Halloween
    Remember, anyone can join the 50 Days to Halloween Challenge--challenges and goals should be a individual as you.

Robin--What a downer, getting bad news like that, but remember, this too shall pass and you'll be better, stronger. Positive thinking and the help of your friends and pals will get you through this. (((BIG HUG)))

Falling asleep at my desk. Night!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Lots of fun reading about your user names. What a creative bunch of folks we are!

Thursday Truth: More of a complaint. So after several weeks of heel pain (prob. a bone spur as it doesn't quite feel like the plantar fasciitis of my not-so-good memory), I break down and buy nice, cushy walking shoes (Brooks). They felt great, for a week, then the top of my arch (top of right foot) began to feel like a pin was sticking in it, almost a burn. My 3.5 mile walk Tuesday was soooooo painful. I skipped walking for a day and did my regular gym routine, then today I walk 2.7 miles and thought I was going to die from foot pain. OW OW OW OW OW OW. Now the top of my left foot is feeling a little wonky. It must be the new shoes. Dang, darn, *?$@&%. Wonder if the store, Luke's Locker, will take them back? On top of that, I think I might have to see the Dr., it hurts that much! My PT (and boss) suggested I ice it/them and stay off my feet. Rrrriiiggghhhtt!

Enough whining.

Despite the AGONY I earned my steps--
    10,198 steps today
    31,622 total steps so far
    Challenge: 400,000 steps by Halloween
    Remember, anyone can join the 50 Days to Halloween Challenge--challenges and goals should be a individual as you.

Robin--What a downer, getting bad news like that, but remember, this too shall pass and you'll be better, stronger. Positive thinking and the help of your friends and pals will get you through this. (((BIG HUG)))

Falling asleep at my desk. Night!

My Halloween Challenge goal is to do 50 miles in a week on an exercise bike. I also want to include doing planks and building myself up to a 1 minute plank without the trembling!
    So far this week I've done 11 miles on the bike with no pain to the foot!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - I am tired. I have walked over 6 miles so far this week, and I can't get myself to stop. I love walking. I feel absolutely free of any and all responsibility and worries when I am walking. It is amazing. I just hope I can still make time to walk when school starts on the 24th.

Oh! They moved the Yoga class to Tuesdays, so the decision was taken from me. Tuesdays are piano lessons for Anthony.... So just the two classes. I may be posting questions about Math and English for you teachers in a couple weeks :laugh: Wish me luck!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

oh man, that sucks. at least it's unlikely to turn cancerous.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @ Robin. Definintely not the phone call anyone wants to get, but the good news is they caught it early. I had to get 4 spots removed as possible areas for skin cancer. I kept putting off the dermatologist, but glad I finally did. You know you'll be in all of our thoughts and prayers for a cancer-free diagnosis.

Thursday Truth: So today is my weigh-in. Now that I'm 6 weeks into this journey I think I may be seeing a pattern to my weight loss. First week is a big loss. Second week is around 2 lbs. Third week is very litle like .5 lb. Fourth week nothing. Fifth week I gain. Sure enough this week was a big loss. So I'll watch next week and see what happens. 24 lbs down - Woo Hoo!!!!!!
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Robin, sorry to hear of the bad-news/good-news phone call. You're right, though, post-op fog is probably responsible for that being a surprise. At least it's precancerous! And I hope you feel better enough to move around more comfortably soon. Take it easy!

For those with foot pain, take it from me: don't push it! Your feet are required to tolerate a lot of pressure on a daily basis, and if they're telling you to go easy, that's not bad advice.

My Thursday Truth: I've been slacking long enough in the exercise department that I am secretly happy today to have donated blood. (Free calorie burn!) And now it's time to head to bed. 'Night all!
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    No lie- it's really late so I'm gonna wait until later to do the replies to any posts to me. I will take a minute to do my Thursday and Friday posts though. Just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring 'em.

Thursday Truth: Let's see- I failed at doing my belly dance today. I ended up going to the store not once but twice and doing some cleaning which burned a ton of calories. I also failed miserably at bringing up my net gain of calories today due to the amount of walking I did (I am proud that I brought my total calorie intake up quite a bit to 1700 some odd calories but I still ended up netting about 600) so I'm kind of beating myself up about that. I also missed lunch which kind of bums me a bit but thanks to my love of watermelon I was able to offset it some.

Friday Fitness: I'm anticipating taking the dogs to the park later since its been a couple of days since we've done that and they've been building up energy that's driving us up the wall, so I suspect that I WILL get some dancing in but likely not as much as I'd so love to do. I'm hoping I'm wrong though so there is still a possibility that I will meet my goal and hopefully exceed it. I have to make up for my lack of dance today ...erm... yesterday?