Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness:

My hope is that I stay under my calories all weekend. I did pretty good all week, although this week I have been overly hungry even though I am eating plenty. I think that is because TOM is about to show up and usually that's just the way it works. I crave sweets and feel like I'm starving all the time...even though I know I'm not. I'm just drinking a lot more water to try and curb the cravings. However, I did give in and eat a full snickers bar this morning. I just wanted it and it totally satifisfied the craving. Now I won't have to eat another one for a while.

My boyfriend starts his brand new job on Monday, so his other (now to be part time) job gave him the weekend off to get things in order. We are planning on relaxing tonight, but tomorrow night are getting together with some friends for dinner and drinks. My concern is that one or two drinks will turn into 6 or 7...and knowing that crew, my cup will NEVER get empty. I'm going to have to find a way to sneak some water in my cup instead of the "heavy" stuff. :) I typically only drink twice a year and that is Mardi Gras and my birthday (which happen to be SUPER close to each other). So I'm not planning on getting tanked. Especially since I'm training for my 10K.

@Robin- I'm sending some prayers up for you and hoping that everything works out in a postive manner. I'm super glad they caught it early though! :)

@Nicole and Lin- I was JUST thinking the same thing about the water tag! Here's to starting it over again...:drinker:

I hope everyone has a fun and eventful weekend! I'll be in and out, but I'll try to get in here and update as soon as I can. :)
    Have a great weekend!

~ Jana
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    took a rest day yesterday but went swimming this morning with my mom and she does water exercises. she only stays about 30 min tho so i had to swim briskly!! Barely even had time for a quick dip in the hot tub. Then she invited me for lunch and now offers me a healthy lunch and does not offer me any of her home made cookes or banana bread......good thing cause i would not have been able to decline!!
    so, other than yesterday i have tried to do some exercise every day for the past week
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Today has been good so far. So glad its Friday. No news on the car other than we do have a loaner to use so yay for that.

@Lin good for you in getting out there and moving. 35,000 that is amazing. I really like to get a Fitbit but I need to save for it.

@Jana, Have fun put together a plan try your best. That all you can do. I am sure you will do fine.

Well this is a short one tonight. Friday Fitness taking Bella for a walk and going swimming at least once this weekend.

Liz
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    @Robin - sending good vibes your way, hun -- hope you are feeling better soon

So, yesterday I blew it. Overdid it at lunch - but it was a real treat :) This week is Housekeeping week at work, and the director did a big party for their staff, and invited some of us from the other departments (since I'm the Infection Preventionist, I was one of those invited) -- HUGE, prime rib eye steaks done on the grill -- blood rare, and just yummy. Meant to only eat part of it & take the rest home, but.....

Anyway, so I'm trying not to let the back pain keep me down - it's the obnoxious type that goes all the way down my leg -- boo. The PT at work has tried to help, but we're doing the MRI next month.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @naceto ~ I understand exactly how you feel about taking care of your high school aged son when he is sick. My daughter is 22, and I have been taking care of her this week during her illness. It's always nice to have your mama around no matter how old you are! :love:

Friday fitness: I need to get my rear in gear! This week has been exhausting. Daughter still sick with nasty, little intestinal parasite. I haven't even gotten my 30-minute doggie walk in every day, so next week I want to at least get in that 30-minute walk every day.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @naceto ~ I understand exactly how you feel about taking care of your high school aged son when he is sick. My daughter is 22, and I have been taking care of her this week during her illness. It's always nice to have your mama around no matter how old you are! :love:

Friday fitness: I need to get my rear in gear! This week has been exhausting. Daughter still sick with nasty, little intestinal parasite. I haven't even gotten my 30-minute doggie walk in every day, so next week I want to at least get in that 30-minute walk every day.

I hope your daughter feels better soon! It is nice that she has you around to care for her. Funny thing, I'm going to be 40 in a few months, and when I am sick, I still call my mommy. :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My runny nose has turned into a full-blown head cold. Still felt okay most of the day--even went out for friday drinks with friends. I came home and walked the dog then crashed! Took a 3 hour nap--guess I really needed the sleep as I can rarely nap. When I awoke, DH had made deep fried chicken wings and french fries--nothing could have been less appetizing given my current condition. I ate a bowl of cereal.

I've been really hungry the past few days and couldn't figure out why. Then I came down with this bug. I've read that when we are sick our bodies burn more calories fighting off the virus/infection. Could that be why I've been so hungry? Also, when I went for my walk tonight, I burned about 50 calories more than usual (for the same walk at the same pace) according to my HRM. Evidence that what I read about burning more is true? Anyone have a similar experience?

Sorry no personals--will catch up tomorrow.

Friday Fitness:
    I may skip the gym tomorrow--gonna see how I feel in the morning, but I may be better off sleeping in and taking it easy.

Mon--walk dog (donating blood) DONE!!
    Tues--walk dog + core work (union board mtg) Walk is DONE!! Didn't do core work.
    Wed--long run w/ dog (faculty mtg) Just did a short walk--grading took precedence. Will do last night's core work tonight. DONE!!
    Thurs--core work (haircut/pedi) Got home too late and was too snotty (I can't imagine planking with such a runny nose :laugh:
    Fri--walk dog--DONE!!
    Sat--walk dog + gym
    Sun--walk dog + gym

Grading goals:
    1. 41/58 motif analyses
    2. x/49 AP essays
    3. re-read The Awakening
    4. x/58 short answer tests
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Good weekend, all!

Friday Fitness: Went to the gym for my mega workout, without the new shoes, just my oldies, avoided the treadmill and concentrated on the arc trainer, elliptical and recumbent bike. (My trainer was caught up in preparation for a tri-sprint tomorrow, so I was on my own with weight training.) Although my right foot is still kaput, wearing the old shoes made things more bearable. Okay, tomorrow I AM taking the new shoes back to the store. Anyway, I forgot to wear my fitbit, but typically I walk more than 10,000 steps on gym days, and I was very active this a.m. with my volunteer job, so I'm claiming my 10,000 steps.

Thanks for your advice, all. Hope Luke's Locker is amenable to the return. $110 is a lot to waste. You know, they didn't evaluate my gait when I was fitted. Hmmmm. That 's something they're supposed to do.

The weather here is almost chilly and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's walk, so foot repair thyself!

vickiemieth: Shame about the back/leg pain. Sounds like a lumbar disc-nerve thing. Hope it "disappears" before you need that MRI.

So excited! We have a Trader Joes that just opened nearby. Hope the store has some nice healthy selections. My daughter, the sabotager, just came in from the grocery store with a KEY LIME PIE! I'm having a giant cup of herb tea and going to bed before I even consider defrosting it. Praying for willpower.

41,622/400,000 steps to date.

Keep up the good work Halloween Challengers!

Water tag!
    :drinker: (Just one. It's almost bedtime!)
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I wasn't doing that great with the exercise as i had to two huge deadlines one after another so i'd kind of been off the hard workout wagon since June. But i decided to jump back in with both feet and get on my way to getting that 250 before halloween. the good news is i've ridden about 18 miles in the last three days. the bad news is my entire body hurts :laugh: maybe i should have started less enthusiastically. oh well. my body will catch up to my enthusiasm eventually.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Overall, I'm very pleased with the week.

Sunday - 1:00 p.m., Lap swimming, 45 minutes
    Monday - 6:00 a.m. Gym, 60 minutes, treadmill
    Tuesday - 6:30 a.m., Gym, 60 minutes @ treadmill; 15 min. @ weights
    Wednesday - 5:45 a.m., Outside walk, 75 minutes
    Thursday - 3:00 p.m. Lap swimming, 60 minutes
    Friday - 6:00 a.m., 35 minutes, treadmill; 15 min @ weights
    Saturday - Definitely doing something - perhaps walking and swimming
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Saturday Success~I was feeling really defeated yesterday, having lost only 1.2# this past week. I know its nothing to sneeze at, just felt like I had a more successful week and missed a goal I had set for myself by .4 so it was disappointing. :frown: My trainer and I texted back and forth about it a couple of times and will discuss it further tomorrow. I have some metabolism issues so sometimes it gets frustrating. I did feel better after my workout though, of course I ruined it with some choices I made at the Mexican restaurant with friends (i.e. that pesky margarita that ended up in front of me). Today is a new day.

Fitness Friday: I had a fairly decent week of activity and still have today to go:

Monday~Cardio (VO2) Assessment - DONE!
    Tuesday~Personal Training DONE!
    Wednesday~Recovery day
    Thursday~Personal Training DONE!
    Friday~Elliptical (Zone 2-3 Training) for 40 minutes DONE!
    Saturday~Cross Trainer (Zone 1-3 Training) 1 hour.
    Sunday~Personal Training

I hope your daughter feels better soon! It is nice that she has you around to care for her. Funny thing, I'm going to be 40 in a few months, and when I am sick, I still call my mommy. :)

I still call mine, too - mostly to complain though since she's an hour away and can't come take care of me! :laugh:
    So excited! We have a Trader Joes that just opened nearby. Hope the store has some nice healthy selections. My daughter, the sabotager, just came in from the grocery store with a KEY LIME PIE! I'm having a giant cup of herb tea and going to bed before I even consider defrosting it. Praying for willpower.

So excited! Bet its crazy busy for the next few weeks!

Susan~You did an awesome job with the activity this week! WTG!

Karen~Sorry about the cold, hope you feel better soon. Sometimes we need to listen to our bodies, rest up!
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Saturday success: No loss/no gain this week! Pretty good considering I had fast food a few times this week, indulged in stress snacking, and lax on exercise. Back at it this week!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kelley--thanks! and congrats on the weight loss--even if you didn't meet that goal, you're still moving in the right direction. :flowerforyou:

@susan--great week of activity! :drinker:

@toots--you're right--your body will catch up--wow, 18 miles in 3 days is awesome! :drinker:

@marsha--I love Trader Joe's but there isn't one near my house. :ohwell:

AFM--I woke up very congested. Nose is stuffed up and the cold has moved to my chest now. :grumble: My focus today will be on grading b/c I'm in no shape to run (even though it's PERFECT running weather :ohwell: ). I also don't want to go to the gym b/c I think it would be gross to go there and spread all of my sickly germs.

Grading goals:
    1. 41/58 motif analyses
    2. x/49 AP essays
    3. re-read The Awakening
    4. x/58 short answer tests

I plan to finish #1 and get through at least 10 of #2.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Vicki- sorry to hear about your back and leg pain - hope your MRI is negative for anything serious and time will heal your pain.

CathEsh - how is your daughter doing - any better? I'm glad you are there to care for her. How I wish I had a mom right now!

Skinnny - you're down too? It makes sense that your body wants more healthy calories, glad you avoided the fried foods!

Toots - congrats for getting back to exercising, now, take 10 hot baths and a bottle of Advil, and you'll be OK in about a week.:laugh:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive comments of support.....they mean an awful lot to me these days. Its hard not to get down from the daily grind of this recovery stuff. I wrote a little poem:

I cough and I pee
    I support the incontinence pad industry!

I have a bathroom in a small home -
    but it might as well be located in Nome
    By the time I make it there
    My socks are as wet as swimwear.!
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    Toots - congrats for getting back to exercising, now, take 10 hot baths and a bottle of Advil, and you'll be OK in about a week.:laugh:

yep :laugh: i've already had some this morning. pain killers i mean, not baths
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    @toots--you're right--your body will catch up--wow, 18 miles in 3 days is awesome! :drinker:

thanks. i made a little too enthusiastic a goal for myself :laugh: so i have to ride a lot to make my goal by halloween
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Robin, LOL at your poem. Love your sense of humor! :laugh:

Toots, your body will totally catch up. Give it a week.

Skinnyjeanz, your body does indeed recruit resources to make a lot more white blood cells in a short amount of time when you're ill. And your heart rate might go up a fraction as well to circulate all that blood, which would translate to a larger reported calorie burn on the HRM, since a HRM technically measures heart rate, not calories burned. Of course, there's also the fact that you donated blood this week before you got sick, which means that you've been rebuilding your blood supply this week anyway. :smile:

I can probably get back on the fitness train tomorrow, but today I'm at work. So had a big Kobe beef burger last night (fancy movie theater, with dine-in service) but am totally making up today for the excess calories. Need to be more cautious tomorrow, though, since dinner will be at a pizza place, to celebrate a birthday.

Speaking of work, gotta go do some. Ciao, all!
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    *pokes head into thread*

Hi. :flowerforyou:
  • LosingitinTX
    LosingitinTX Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    FAairly new to the site looking for some friends and inspiration. Have a 149 lbs to loose. For me its a choice of living or dying. And frankly, I want to live.