tell me I am hot..???!!! WTF?

Options

Replies

• shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    A bunch of friends fooling around and complimenting eachother...what a bunch of low confidence bafoons. Pffft!

*eyeroll*

The irony of this thread is the super awesome assumptions made by people of others, simply because they have a "bikini" body. Nope, no one but the big folks have any insecurity problems, either... oh lordy.

And for those who are mentioning not being mentioned in those types of threads, I hope you are reading back because more often than not, it is going so fast and THAT is why people get missed...cuz multiple people are replying to one post...relax folks...relax.

We all have days when we could use a little external validation, surely that's the point of those sorts of threads in the first place. I can't cast judgement on the assumptions made throughout the thread as I haven't read the whole thing to know what they are.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    A bunch of friends fooling around and complimenting eachother...what a bunch of low confidence bafoons. Pffft!

*eyeroll*

The irony of this thread is the super awesome assumptions made by people of others, simply because they have a "bikini" body. Nope, no one but the big folks have any insecurity problems, either... oh lordy.

And for those who are mentioning not being mentioned in those types of threads, I hope you are reading back because more often than not, it is going so fast and THAT is why people get missed...cuz multiple people are replying to one post...relax folks...relax.

We all have days when we could use a little external validation, surely that's the point of those sorts of threads in the first place. I can't cast judgement on the assumptions made throughout the thread as I haven't read the whole thing to know what they are.

Sure everyone does...including those people in the bikinis....most of the time, they are regular posters as well so they're kind of "well known".

=) Btw...I see a fun silly girl from your picture.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options

*eyeroll*

Sure everyone does...including those people in the bikinis....most of the time, they are regular posters as well so they're kind of "well known".

=) Btw...I see a fun silly girl from your picture.

I know, and I wholeheartedly agree. My point is that everyone should get some of that validation, whether their clad in a bikini or a boiler suit.

PS. Thank you.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Those girls with flawless model sculpted bodies work very hard to get to that point. It was not magically sent down from heaven. We are all here to lose weight and get in the best shape of our lives. So of course the people with the most toned and sculpted bodies are praised the most. They look great and it's hard work!! There should be no relationship between the compliments that they get and the ones that others don't get. And I'm sorry but I don't think that they are all conceited. They are proud of the results that they got. If I had a hard-sexy body I wouldn't want to hide it either!! lol. I do admit that some go overboard but come on.. It's a fitness site!! Those people actually inspire me because they are human just like me and they are in their best shape. I know that one day I can get in shape too if I stay consistent. I won't look like anyone else but I will be the best me I can be! And those that seek attention probably still feel unattractive inside and seek empty outside validation. We have to get our validation from within. AND We don't have to put others down to feel better about ourselves. Peace and love peeps. <3

Thank you so much.

I always feel like these threads are filled with world class athletes at the Olympics, standing around complaining that the medal winners are getting too much attention and its making those that arent there yet feel bad. Youre still in the Olympics, you just havent leveled up to that point yet- but you know how.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I know, and I wholeheartedly agree. My point is that everyone should get some of that validation, whether their clad in a bikini or a boiler suit.

PS. Thank you.

I agree that everyone should get validation in direct ratio to their effort and results, as well :smile:
  • yoovie
    Options
    Some people naturally shine a little brighter than the rest of us. Their attitude gives them to confidence to show off the body they worked for. I accepted a long time ago and I'll never be one of the brightly shining stars, but it still feels like a punch in the stomach when you post in the 'what's sexy about the person above?' thread only to be completely ignored in favour of the hottie three people above you, or told 'your glasses'. Really? Glasses? :frown:

I got told my glasses were hot in that thread I was like Word! Thanks man :D Anytime something that I consider a flaw and out of the ordinary or the standard of beauty is marked as hot or beautiful I add a point for humanity.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My point is that everyone should get some of that validation, whether their clad in a bikini or a boiler suit.
    Why? This reminds me of schools that give "participation" awards to kids who didn't receive an MVP or a 1st Place ribbon. Why is someone else's success and kudos for that success so bothersome to others? And why the need for validation from people you don't even know?
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would bang everyone that has replied, dudes included. F--k it, I am 40, time to try something new. What could it hurt? Well....I guess my *kitten*......

LOL. Thanks for the giggle! Maybe it's a "40" thing... is that when we all figure out that sex is great and we want more of it? Hence the cougars? LOL

lol i figured that out yrs ago. I love love sex but the older i get the more i seem to want it. cant get enough. proud to be a couger lol
  • yoovie
    Options
    My point is that everyone should get some of that validation, whether their clad in a bikini or a boiler suit.
    Why? This reminds me of schools that give "participation" awards to kids who didn't receive an MVP or a 1st Place ribbon. Why is someone else's success and kudos for that success so bothersome to others? And why the need for validation from people you don't even know?

this. exactly why I added that the validation we receive should be in direct relation to the extent of our effort and results. I have never liked the everyone gets a trophy mentality. it implies that good enough is just as good as the best, and its not. trying is wonderful, but you dont aim to try. You dont aim to put in a little effort.

You aim for the top. You aim for greatness.

You dont get acclaim for visiting the bottom of Everest and pointing at it and going ooooooooooh! Thats so gorgeous! I hate those *****es at the top, everyone likes them more.
  • mcfc4tony
    mcfc4tony Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I’m so hot my eyeballs sweat :noway:
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options

I'm not saying that people should be bothered by the succes of others, or that the losers in competitions should be given prizes for just showing up. However, the point of threads like 'what's sexy about the person above?', to me at least, is to give someone a little boost. Everyone is working hard to achieve their goals here and this is supposed to be a place where people come for support, so they should be told that they've got good hair, or teeth or fab dress dress etc when they post even if they don't have a rocking body to be complimented on yet.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options
    Some people naturally shine a little brighter than the rest of us. Their attitude gives them to confidence to show off the body they worked for. I accepted a long time ago and I'll never be one of the brightly shining stars, but it still feels like a punch in the stomach when you post in the 'what's sexy about the person above?' thread only to be completely ignored in favour of the hottie three people above you, or told 'your glasses'. Really? Glasses? :frown:

I got told my glasses were hot in that thread I was like Word! Thanks man :D Anytime something that I consider a flaw and out of the ordinary or the standard of beauty is marked as hot or beautiful I add a point for humanity.

I've never considered my glasses a flaw to need to be boosted. The notion of someone finding my myopia hot is a bit weird.
  • yoovie
    Options

I've never considered my glasses a flaw to need to be boosted. The notion of someone finding my myopia hot is a bit weird.

omfg no matter what I say, im going to be wrong because im in my damn underwear. I didnt say they were a flaw that needed to be boosted, I said it made me happy that something non-conventional was considered hot which is what I THOUGHT yall were all *****ing for on here.

you know what I have to say.........

All these 'hot people' in their underwear that yall consider to be 'on the other side' (which in and of itself makes them enemies by definition of your self esteem or progress or whatever)... at least they dont create threads complaining about the people who are fully clothed, at least they dont ever do anything similar to what the clothed people do at all. they dont think you bring down the curve, they dont think youre doing it wrong, they dont think anything bitter enough to create a place to complain about you.

All they do is laugh and be silly and encourage people. Enjoy being the negative side. Im staying in my damn panties.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    However, the point of threads like 'what's sexy about the person above?',
    Why is it hard to understand that someone in a rock hard body in a bikini may be viewed as sexier than someone in a plaid shirt covererd in paint?
    Everyone is working hard to achieve their goals here
    No. Not everyone is working hard. Some people work their @sses off and some people occasionally track calories but don't exercise.
    so they should be told that they've got good hair, or teeth or fab dress dress etc when they post even if they don't have a rocking body to be complimented on yet.
    Then they should look for a "good hair" thread or a "nice teeth thread" and maybe not a "sexy" or "hot" thread. Just my opinion.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    omfg no matter what I say, im going to be wrong because im in my damn underwear.
    Even when you do compliment her, she finds something negative in the compliment. I don't get it.
  • ekalexm
    Options
    Honestly, reading some of the threads on this website makes me despair for the future of the gene pool.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I never get told I'm hot -- even if I walk around in hardly any clothing. Don't worry about it though. Especially if you are American like my loving vinegar-self, you can always marry a foreigner who will call you "hot" every minute of the day until he gets a green card.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options

omfg no matter what I say, im going to be wrong because im in my damn underwear. I didnt say they were a flaw that needed to be boosted, I said it made me happy that something non-conventional was considered hot which is what I THOUGHT yall were all *****ing for on here.

you know what I have to say.........

All these 'hot people' in their underwear that yall consider to be 'on the other side' (which in and of itself makes them enemies by definition of your self esteem or progress or whatever)... at least they dont create threads complaining about the people who are fully clothed, at least they dont ever do anything similar to what the clothed people do at all. they dont think you bring down the curve, they dont think youre doing it wrong, they dont think anything bitter enough to create a place to complain about you.

All they do is laugh and be silly and encourage people. Enjoy being the negative side. Im staying in my damn panties.

Calm down. What does your undewear have to do with anything?

You seem to be either mistaking me for someone else or reading far too much into what I've posted and getting needlessly angry over some perceived insult that I haven't made. What 'other side'? Noone is the enemy here.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options
    However, the point of threads like 'what's sexy about the person above?',
    Why is it hard to understand that someone in a rock hard body in a bikini may be viewed as sexier than someone in a plaid shirt covererd in paint?
    Everyone is working hard to achieve their goals here
    No. Not everyone is working hard. Some people work their @sses off and some people occasionally track calories but don't exercise.
    so they should be told that they've got good hair, or teeth or fab dress dress etc when they post even if they don't have a rocking body to be complimented on yet.
    Then they should look for a "good hair" thread or a "nice teeth thread" and maybe not a "sexy" or "hot" thread. Just my opinion.

True, 'everybody' was a poor choice of words. Some people here are looking for quick fixes and not working at all. Some are working hard and others are busting their *kitten*.

Good hair/teeth/skin/whatever are sexy though, and should be complimented accordingly.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    A little validation is a good thing for sure. A compliment sometimes can make the day of a particular person. Its all about attention really and yes, we all like it in many forms. Not everybody is gonna think you're hot, beautiful, gorgeous or whatever. I've noticed that when it comes to hot comments its usually about a body. To me thats not what hot is at all, because ya gotta have a face as well and its gotta be attractive.

I've never been a big supporter of the whole participation medal thing, however I have saw some benefits to it as I coach multiple sports and played all my life. I've been the star on my teams and I can still ball like nobody's business. What i've tended to see is those who lose interest because of not receiving a type of validation.

I could easily say suck it up and deal with it but some just aren't able to do that, but a nice compliment even if there is something hot about them can go a long way. Sure if you're on top of your craft you should get those top of your craft awards or compliments. Some would like to just know that they're doing a good job, who doesn't want that. There are many and I mean many who I wouldn't think are hot that others think are just about perfect, for many reasons. OP is hot to me by the way