Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Shocked by the calorie content

Replies

• joolstag
    joolstag Posts: 8 Member
    Deep fried Twinkies. Insane. They may sound healthy, but trust me, they're NOT.

:laugh:
  • Harlin12
    Harlin12 Posts: 34 Member
    Really miss Mac and Cheese!
  • Booze. Alas.
  • The salads in some restaurants just astonish me!! Especially Applebee's / Red Robin.
  • katykatyg
    katykatyg Posts: 14 Member
    Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. 380 calories for a grande!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Krystal Chicks! 300 calories EACH! That's more than a Chick-Fil-A chargilled sandwich!

And the Krystal burgers are 130 each, but I can't just eat one, or two.. or three. :sad:
  • xxbookwormbabexx
    xxbookwormbabexx Posts: 92 Member
    You NEED to get the book....Eat This Not That....OMG...talk about an eye opener!!

I read that while visiting my sister in law. Seriously it was way helpful
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Pound cake is higher in fat (both butter and eggs) than your typical other types of cakes (flourless cakes are another thing entirely).
  • _Jasmin_
    _Jasmin_ Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! I wish they had that in Queensland!
  • 38jaybird
    38jaybird Posts: 9 Member
    Yoplait yogurt! 170 cal for 6 oz!!!!! I was shocked, but it taste so good. I was eating that stuff like it was crack! I gave it up when I discovered how long it takes for me to burn 170 calories during my workout.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    I agree with two things especially muffins and carrot cake - especially in carrot cake, its shocking
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Tonic water!

Gin & tonics used to be my signature "slim" drink, but then I looked at the label. It's just as bad as soda and juice! Bars usually don't carry diet tonic, so I just drink them at home now (Q Tonic at Whole Foods is also a good alternative to diet tonic water).

You should drink club soda instead. It's wonderful and no cals.
  • jetthomp
    jetthomp Posts: 11 Member
    I know, and i love Granola for breakfast with pouring yoghurt. I have found it quite a journey where calories are concerned.
    I've only been using mfp for maybe three to four weeks, and i'm still weighing everything. Quite scary what i used to eat.
    Not difficult to pack 3000 a day. Now on 1380. x
  • jetthomp
    jetthomp Posts: 11 Member
    Jeez, what was in it for goodness sake. x
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Really miss Mac and Cheese!

Yep me as well. I lived on the stuff :(
  • That little herb and garlic sauce pot that comes with Domino's pizza. Just one of them has about 200 calories. I won't be using them anymore. :(

Seriously?!?!?! I usually have two of those if I ever indulge in Dominos :/
  • altacosturabeth
    altacosturabeth Posts: 62 Member
    What's actually in restaurant food that makes it so....calorie-y anyway?!

Or do I not want to know?
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    according to this site, a medium onion is 46 calories !!!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    actually, I eat junk and wonder how the calories aren't higher

i'm not 100% true to the calorie logging, but i haven't cut out anything completely

if i like it, i'll eat it, just not all the time of course
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    I got fat off of sugar laden coffee drinks. I could drink two large Turtle Mocha drinks from Caribou in one day. Just one of them is 510 calories...

I love those drinks too. I couldn't believe the calories and sugar. I even tried ordering the sugar free syrup in a skinny but they are still so bad so I had to just give up drinking them :-(