• BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Booster Juice!

So many calories and soooo much sugar!
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Chili nuts. 750 calories in 150 grams O.O And I thought they'd be a better choice than crisps...... Nope!!
  • Rain107
    Options
    Actually seeing the cals in Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake. Yes, I know its bad (cheese + cake can't = low cals), but seeing that the slices come in at 1000+ cals. My bro and I laughed for days at a small cake clocking 20,000 cals
  • Rain107
    Options
    Just this morning...Plain black coffee at Dunkin Donuts (the seasonal Pumpkin flavored) no sugar, no cream no nothing...210 calories!!! Right from their website! I poured half of it down the drain once I looked up the calories. Black coffee...really 210 calories?!? In fact, here is my exact status update from this morning...

Can somebody talk me off of this ledge???? After my walk this morning, I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a coffee...I ordered the Pumpin Spice...black. No sugar, no sweetener, no cream, no nothing. I get home and pull up their website for nutrition information and the only Pumpkin coffee on the website shows per serving (20 fl oz) Calories 210?!?!?!?!?! WHAT?!?!!?!? INGREDIENTS: Brewed 100% Arabica Coffee, Pumpkin Spice Syrup [Skim Milk, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Brown Sugar, Caramel Color, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Salt]. Is a 20 oz. black coffee REALLY over 200 calories and loaded with all of these extra ingredients?! I've got to be missing something somewhere?! I feel like I need to go purge this crap from my system!

what a rip!!!! usually its the BEANS they treat to get the flavor. they should include the fact that its syrup and not flavored beans.

I remember about 10 or so years ago I'd get the hazelnut coffee from DD, they poured direct from the coffee pot, that was very good. The rim on the pot was a light color, also they had french vanilla coffee they poured straight. Stopped going to DD for a few years, then started up again. Ordered a hazelnut coffee and they put syrup in. I aksed WTH? (politely) and they said it's the only way the have flavored coffee, tasted horrible!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Harvey's poutine. *weeps* It's over 800 calories.

I recently found out that the meal I usually get at Harvey's (bacon cheese burger, poutine & choc. milkshake) is over 2,000 calories.

That was a shocking revelation for sure. I'd only get it a couple times a month, and I KNEW it was bad, but... 2,000 calories!?!? That's more than I should be eating in a day and a half! Just awful.
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I used to be all about the "Peanut Butter Moo'd" smoothie at Jamba Juice. I guess I knew it was not the best choice, given that it has PB, chocolate, and dairy, but I was still shocked to find out it was a whopping 770 calories and 20g of fat. For the regular/"original" size! Yikes! Again, it's a given that it's one of the least healthy options on the menu, but still.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter...it makes me sad, I love it so much

agree! D':
  • jbaca9602
    jbaca9602 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Positive surprise - pistachios! They've become a snack of choice. 15 of them is about 60 calories, and that's enough to sate a snack attack.

Negative surprises: The little danishes at gas stations. Man, I loved those things. 500 calories though? No thanks. Tried to eat one on a day off, and couldn't get through it. It's like I can feel the calories making me fat while chewing. Totally ruined it.
    Fruit juice and bottled sweet/fruit teas.
    The asiago chicken sandwich at Wendys - 730 calories!
    Milkshakes - even a small one can rack up 500 calories, as a side to a meal that's just too much to enjoy now.
    Candy in general. Now I can't let myself have more than a piece or two, and even then I feel guilty.
  • glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Peanuts

Peanut butter

Most spreads

Popcorn

Peanut Butter! Only a little teeny, tiny, itty bitty bit is almost 20 calories. I could eat my whole day's worth of calories in one sitting. Dang!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Garden peas. Seriously. 100grams is 74cals. I don't know why but I expected them to be pretty much nothing when I first started.
  • wholenewme03
    wholenewme03 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Vietmanese Pho. It's such a brothy, wonderful soup...I didn't realize that it was so high in calories :O
  • almalaurathomas
    Options
    A Blimpie HOTDOG! 912 calories, and 1000+ fully loaded. Unreal O_o
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    For me it was actually sugar intake. I had always heard that Jello was somewhat of a healthy snack, but the strawberry jello had like 11 sugar.. Well when you only have 20 per day, 11 is harddddd. I gave them away to my 21+ friends to put them to good use. ;)
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options

Peanut Butter! Only a little teeny, tiny, itty bitty bit is almost 20 calories. I could eat my whole day's worth of calories in one sitting. Dang!

Try the Skippy Natural Peanut Butter! So good, and a lot better for you I think.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Picked up a food scale last week... Made a sammie this morning for work. Thought I would add a small amount of peanut butter as I was going to weigh it - over two hundred calories in peanut butter! 90 calories a tablespoon? Me and my new food scale are going to do a lot of falling out. We already have a nasty disagreement about what an ounce of cheese looks like...

Peanut butter can very good for you though. I eat it every day. gotta definitely watch how much you eat but if ya do it right, its very nutritious. and it tastes good...helps keep me from eating a lot worse junk, lol.
    I agree. As long as you measure it carefully, it can be ok. I use 1 or 2 TSPs on a slice of bread to help me wake up before I go to work(I work at 4:00AM). The protein helps my brain start working and the wheat bread and peanut butter holds me over until my first meal break, usually 2 hours later.
  • UmmZinnira
    UmmZinnira Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A package of Gummy Bears/Worms 700 calories!

Yes! And Haribo's Gummi Bears are sooo good. :(
  • Iamjulianna
    Options
    That's without dipping them in blue cheese dressing! Up to 250 cals each!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    banana chips. 1/2 cup is 173 calories!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Cherry pie.
    W usually get the in store baked version which has no info.
    This time we got the boxed version.
    It wasn't till i was putting the leftover in the fridge that i found out my 1/4 pie was 500 cals before i even added the icecream.
    I had planed on only having 1/6 (330 cals ). , but ended p with a whole 1/4.

Instead i found that the asda chocolate hazelnutbelgin cookies are 130 cals each ( and the best cookie i've evr had) i can have 4 of those instead of pie and icecream , and 1 is plenty.
    :drinker:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Wild Wings... I got the smallest size of honey barbq boneless wings and it was 800+ calories :o