I went from 270 to 125 within a year.

Options

Replies

• TrainedDreamer
    Options
    Yall are way too kind. Seriously, I adore you people. The one thing I love about MFP is no one seems to judge eachother negatively.

Anyways I hesitated to add this to my original message but I think its important to add:

All of my drs have questioned me about possible eating disorders because honestly that is a lot of weight to lose in one year. But...I love food too much to be anorexic, & I have a phobia of throwing up so bulemia is out of the picture lmao. It was a binge eating disorder however that got me to obesity. I was so unhappy with a lot in my life that i would lock myself in my room everyday and eat full containers of food. Oreos, donuts, taquitos, you name it. I still struggle with food addiction but i will never allow myself to go back to that lifestyle.

So yeah, the weight just seemed to fly off once I quit eating 5k worth of calories everyday. LOL. Also I drink a LOT of caffeine. Probably about 2 liters of diet coke at least everyday. Its NOT healthy and i dont reccomend this to anyone, but it did lift my metabolism a lot by giving me energy. I regret it now as im having hairloss and stress issues. I plan on writing a seperate post for this. :)

I am very active now, too.
  • jenneal89
    Options
    That's amazing! You look great :) good for you for conquering your problems. It's inspiring to everyone!
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options
    So awesome girl! You know you are a model now right? lol

Anyway, it's great that you know your mistakes (caffeine and such) and now you can work on them.
  • BrenduhLianax
    Options
    That is AMAZING and dedication. Congratulations on your success thats wonderful!
  • nevacontent
    Options
    dude. wow. and even at 270 you were GORGEOUS. you legit are inspiring me

I definitely have to agree. You have a nice smile.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm oh so happy for you, lady. I love when just exercise and eating less pays off. I hope you work out the hair loss and stress issues.

Many of us are in denial about how much we are actually eating. I KNOW that I gained over 100 lbs by eating too much. That said, I also know there is a psychological component and eating is often a way of medicating so I won't judge but hope everyone figures it out and gets the healing they need.

Again, congrats to you!
  • Goatgirl8
    Goatgirl8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    WOW, you are so incredible. I'm so happy for you and your success. I hope you find everything you ever wanted in life and then some. Thank you for sharing and feel free to add me as a friend. I could use all the support I can get.
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Just wanted to say that you were a beautiful girl before weightloss and a beautiful girl after weightloss, but I am sure you are healthier now in all aspects (emotionally, physically, etc.). Thanks for sharing your story!! So happy for you!!
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You were and still are a pretty girl. I am glad you lost the weight for your physical and mental well being.What a huge accomplishment!Your spirit and dedication is inspiring. I hope you found true internal happiness.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    you are a beautiful lady congrats on your success :D
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to make friends on here for support so please feel free to add me if you want to talk. :) I dont check the forums often but i wanted to share. (Im skipping a ton of details for personal reasons lol).

Here I am before my weightloss, wearing a size 22.
    http://img.makeupalley.com/7/7/6/4/2241262.JPG

My life was an absolute living hell before I lost the weight, full of rejection & set backs. Everything from PTSD to severe anxiety to body dysmorphic disorder & many other struggles. I didn't think Id live to see my 21st birthday. In all honesty, I dont think I wanted to either.

Here I am one year later...wearing a size 2:
    http://img.makeupalley.com/7/7/6/4/2299135.JPG
    IF YOURE STRUGGLING; KEEP FIGHTING. DONT LET GO. IT IS WORTH IT. Losing weight was the best choice Ive ever made for MANY different reasons. I live an INCREDIBLE life today. I hate to say it but being thin has opened up many different doors of opportunities for me. Weight loss isn't just a physical change.

Everyone always asks if I had lapband or any other weightloss surgery, & the answer is no. I didn't follow any fad diets, either. All it took was calorie counting & exercise. I ate whatever I want, but in smaller portions to control my calories. I knew if I restricted myself of certain foods I'd fall off the bandwagon quickly. As for exercise - I began walking 3 miles everyday. I discovered I love exercising while listening to music, as it's quite relaxing. So I stuck with that, lowering my calories & upping my miles each month. At one point I was walking 9 miles a day with ease!

wow!!!!!!!! like a different person.. only pic I see though is your 'before'....
  • avamonet
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!! Such an inspiration.
  • allthismusic
    Options
    you're beautiful and i'm happy you improved your quality of life!
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing results! :)
  • wranglerwomen
    wranglerwomen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i needed to hear your story today!!! thank you for sharing it! you look great!!! :)
  • TrainedDreamer
    Options
    Awe thank you everyone so much.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Congrats, btw your really pretty both in your before and afters =)
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! You don't even look like the same person....wow! Nice job. Glad to see that you've accomplished what you wanted in only a year. I may should this to my niece for inspiration since she has a bit of a weight issue but she has not worked at losing the weight and she's a senior in high school. Great kid but I know that her weight holds her back from so many things that she could be doing or experiencing. Thanks for sharing with us and best of luck to you going forward.
  • TrainedDreamer
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Im 5'7''. :)
    What a transformation! You don't even look like the same person....wow! Nice job. Glad to see that you've accomplished what you wanted in only a year. I may should this to my niece for inspiration since she has a bit of a weight issue but she has not worked at losing the weight and she's a senior in high school. Great kid but I know that her weight holds her back from so many things that she could be doing or experiencing. Thanks for sharing with us and best of luck to you going forward.

Telling me I dont even look like the same person is one of the best compliments someone can give me...so THANK YOU for that. I want nothing more than to be the furthest away from the person i used to be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!