Is there anything you miss about being fat?

Options

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Being able to comfortably sleep on my side! haha There is no cushion anymore, and my hipbone is *sharp*!
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    Yeah, my boobs. They were the only things that looked really nice when I was fat, and now that I'm losing weight, they're definitely going to be remade once I reach my goal. *smdh*
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My mattress used to be more comfortable when I was bigger, now it hurts my back, and my boobs ;-)
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i think everything i miss is also a positive- and not just in a 'you aren't fat nay more' kind of way.

not miss exactly, but not thinking i was fat? i don't know if that makes sense, but i think i'm more dissatisfied and judgemental when i look in a mirror now, though i know in my mind i look better (just can't see it through my eyes!)

and i can't eat as much as i used to so never have puddings any more!; again, this is good cos i don't feel compelled to eat if i go out for a meal or something, whereas before i would do and kind of eat for the sake of it.
  • ShaeSweetie
    ShaeSweetie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    MY BEWBSSSSS!! they were like a fulll C when i was heavy;..and now they are just a regular B and my *kitten* got a lil smaller too =/ but thats always there! haha
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Well, I can honestly say I'm not going to miss MY boobs!
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I miss my boobs which I guess is common for some and I miss eating without thinking.
    BUT I love the way I feel in my own body so much more.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    my butt becusae the chairs are a lot harder now

Saddly I noticed this already..sitting on a bench outside on break I was like why does this hurt my *kitten*..
  • workingonme21
    workingonme21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't think of one thing that I miss about being bigger. I'm happy that I made the changes that I have made. Now, it is all about staying fit.
  • BrittanyErica
    BrittanyErica Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    my boobs

this. omg this.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Eating without anxiety. Being able to eat a bowl of cereal and not freak out about it because I can only ”afford” the milk or the cereal, not both.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    my boobs
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I don't miss much. Yeah, my *kitten* and boobs are smaller but they look/feel better to me now.

I DO miss a few really cute outfits I can't wear anymore. Other than that, nothing.
  • Suni3276
    Suni3276 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    being able to eat what I want (I do that most of the time though, but just (usually in moderation)).... with out feeling guilty or knowing I'm going to enter it in to the diary latter...

I don't miss my old face and I wish my breasts would just shrink one cup size to a C.. that would be great :)
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Being able to comfortably sleep on my side! haha There is no cushion anymore, and my hipbone is *sharp*!

I have a similar problem - I am a side/stomach sleeper, and my body got used to sleeping with my arm propped up on my flank. Now there's no flank and I have to put a pillow under my arm or I wake up with a sore shoulder.
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    Well, I can honestly say I'm not going to miss MY boobs!

Haha That made me laugh. :)

I have been thin before so I've now been on both sides of the coin. What bothers me most are social things:

1) While it's nice to be found attractive, I miss being able to "hide out" sometimes from uncomfortable amounts of male attention (especially when a guy is already with another woman and he ogles or tries to flirt openly with me). Also, male waiters can be the same way with me in front of my husband, which is totally inappropriate, and makes me feel uncomfortable. I mean, we're all human and other people in the world are attractive, but there's a line that shouldn't be crossed.

2) Some women can get weirdly jealous and catty and try to "1-up" me in some way (even women in my family, which breaks my heart). I'm one of those people that likes everybody to feel relaxed and happy in a given situation, so it's really tough for me when people react this way. It's taken me YEARS to understand that I can't pacify insecure people by muting myself in some way (whether by dressing down, fattening up, or shutting up). To quote one of my favorite comedians, Wanda Sykes, "I'm a Be Me."

On the flipside, when fit and healthy, other healthy and happy folks seem to gravitate toward me as well, and I've had the privilege of meeting many awesome people who don't do either of these things.

Oh, and 3) Boobs :) j/k
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I miss being my own heat source! I'm cold all the time now! :laugh:
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    my butt becusae the chairs are a lot harder now

Saddly I noticed this already..sitting on a bench outside on break I was like why does this hurt my *kitten*..
    Agreed...then again, I always had that problem. Now, it's just more pronounced!
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I miss being my own heat source! I'm cold all the time now! :laugh:

Oh god I am freezing ALL the time!
  • mrslachance
    Options
    Eating without anxiety. Being able to eat a bowl of cereal and not freak out about it because I can only ”afford” the milk or the cereal, not both.

This!

Also, I miss always being warm, for some reason I am always freezing now... and of course I miss being able to just eat pizza and eat sweets and not really think twice about it. :)