5 Pound a Month February 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Saw this today and thought I would share...
    Good, true advise.

Jillian Michaels quote:

There are no mistakes, just learning experiences. Weight loss is a process — it takes time. You will encounter small failures — everyone does — but every pound you gain can be lost.

And if you miss a workout, it's not the end of the world! Get to the gym the next day and continue to focus on your short-term goals. Just because you made bad choices today doesn't mean you can't start over tomorrow. New day? New beginning.

Thank you so much for sharing. This is great. :bigsmile:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Second weigh in of the month. If I am going to make my 5 pound goal I need to lose over 2 pounds a week for the next 2 weeks. I need to ramp it up!

Friday February 5 weight 179
    Friday February 12 weight 178.4

I was not expecting any loss this week so I will take it. Hope to see everyone else has had a great week.
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Well I thought I had lost more than I did but I guess it takes a while to adjust each week to losing. I was really good in doing my exercise and in eating healthy so I am just going to continue and I am sure that my weight will continue to drop. I did lose a pound so that is good.
    Starting weight Jan 10 - 159
    Feb. 5 - 154
    Feb. 12 -153
    Goal for MAR - 150
    I would love to see the 140's on the scale. I am tired of seeing the 50's.
    Good luck everyone and can't wait to see how much you have all lost this week. PHYLJEN
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Well I thought I had lost more than I did but I guess it takes a while to adjust each week to losing. I was really good in doing my exercise and in eating healthy so I am just going to continue and I am sure that my weight will continue to drop. I did lose a pound so that is good.
    Feb. 5 - 154
    Feb. 12 -153
    Goal for MAR - 150
    Good luck everyone and can't wait to see how much you have all lost this week. PHYLJEN

Slow and steady. 1 pound a week by July 26th you will be at your goal! :drinker:
  • apparatus195316
    apparatus195316 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I hopped on my Wii fit this morning and saw a loss!

January starting weight: 154
    February 1 weight: 148
    February 12 weight: 146

-2lbs! (Hoping this isn't a fluke. What a rush!!!!)

:glasses: :tongue:
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Lost only .6 this week. Somewhat discouraging because I have been working out 60-90 minutes each day, and staying at about 1600 calories. Does anyone have any advice? Don't know if it's a plateau, or if I wasn't eating enough to compensate for the amount of working out I did. Any ideas?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay here is my weigh in:
    01/2/10 171.0
    01/9/10 168.8
    01/16/10 165.8
    01/23/10 167.0
    01/29/10 168.8
    02/06/10 165.8
    02/12/10 165.4

At least this week I did not go back up. Hopefully next week I will be at 164. I haven't seen that number for over 6 years. Have a great Friday everybody. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Second weigh in of the month. If I am going to make my 5 pound goal I need to lose over 2 pounds a week for the next 2 weeks. I need to ramp it up!

Friday February 5 weight 179
    Friday February 12 weight 178.4

I was not expecting any loss this week so I will take it. Hope to see everyone else has had a great week.

Anything is better than nothing. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Feb. 5 - 154
    Feb. 12 -153
    Goal for MAR - 150

You are getting there, keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I hopped on my Wii fit this morning and saw a loss!

January starting weight: 154
    February 1 weight: 148
    February 12 weight: 146

-2lbs! (Hoping this isn't a fluke. What a rush!!!!)

:glasses: :tongue:

Great job!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Lost only .6 this week. Somewhat discouraging because I have been working out 60-90 minutes each day, and staying at about 1600 calories. Does anyone have any advice? Don't know if it's a plateau, or if I wasn't eating enough to compensate for the amount of working out I did. Any ideas?

At least you are lossing. You have to remember that you will not lose as fast as you gained. The slower the better, in order to keep it off in the long run. When was the last time you changed up your workout schedule or your foods? Changing things up will help your metabolism get a jump start.

Don't get frustrated with the pace, as long as you are lossing you are going in the right direction. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I did change my workout routine this week to less intensity because I have a back injury. Maybe that's why I didn't lose as much as I had hoped to. I hoped that even though I had to decrease intensity, if I increased the number of minutes that I exercised, that maybe it would all balance out. Right now I am limited to riding the stationary bike, and walking on the treadmill. You're right though.....at least I am losing, and the scale is going in the right direction. I'll keep my head up and focus on this coming week. Thanks!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I think you should measure yourself. The scale might not have gone down but inches are likely to have moved. To me this sounds like you have started exercising more, which could mean that you are turning fat into lean muscle. That is great news because while your scale will show no or little loss, your health is greatly improving. Lean muscle will burn fat after your workout at a faster rate than before so the next few weeks your loss will show bigger and better. Keep on doing what your doing, it is a long hard process. As long as you are eating at least 1200 a day and eat some of you exercise calories you are on the right track.

I am very nervios about my weigh in today. I had a few high calorie snack feast nights this week, but I did exercise a lot also, so I’m not sure what is in store for me at the scale today. I really want to get over the 150’s (last Friday I was at 151) and if I get to 149 I will be at my lowest weight since MIDDLE SCHOOL! I don’t think I will have lost 2 lbs, but 150 is looking pretty good right now.

I weight in at my lunch break, so I will post then. Keep your fingers crossed for me. And I will, of course, also be hoping you all lose as well.
    Good luck my friends!:flowerforyou:
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ok Dec was 210
    Jan - 205
    Feb (so far) -202.5

Overall, a general trend downwards for which I am grateful!:happy:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Ok Dec was 210
    Jan - 205
    Feb (so far) -202.5

Overall, a general trend downwards for which I am grateful!:happy:

The downward trend is what we are all shooting for! Keep it up!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    :love:
    Yay! OMG I can't even believe it!

2/1- 153
    2/5- 151
    2/12- 149

I am under 150! Just in time for V day chocolate :grumble: I hope my guy knows better than to get me sweets :laugh:
    I am soooo happy and proud that I did this (a mini goal I have been working toward for the last year, I have been so close a few times but never quite there). Adding the elliptical was the push my body needed. Now I just have to back off the night time binge eating, which I am still having a hard time with. I might even buy a new swimming suit this year :noway: ! :happy:
  • TCASMEY
    Options

2/1- 153
    2/5- 151
    2/12- 149

I am under 150! Just in time for V day chocolate :grumble: I hope my guy knows better than to get me sweets :laugh:
    I am soooo happy and proud that I did this (a mini goal I have been working toward for the last year, I have been so close a few times but never quite there). Adding the elliptical was the push my body needed. Now I just have to back off the night time binge eating, which I am still having a hard time with. I might even buy a new swimming suit this year :noway: ! :happy:

:flowerforyou: That is fantastic. I can't wait to be in the 150's. Even though its almost 20 pounds away. :drinker: :drinker:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Weighing in today! Not bad, just plugging along! Exactly on track!

Jan 1st 216.7
    Feb 1st 211.8
    Current weight 2/12 209.6
    Mar 1st 206.8
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options

2/1- 153
    2/5- 151
    2/12- 149

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! AWESOME!!!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    LILWADE! Big welcome! :happy: :flowerforyou:

TCASMEY - I loved your little kid story - Lars must be a very funny boy :laugh: And you keep on going down :drinker: Thanks for encouraging all of us. :smile:

JENN - going down, down down :drinker: I love what you're doing during the Biggest Loser! And have a great Valentine's day!

JENNIFER - Fitting into the jeans that you describe? That's real success - a lot more important than the smaller-than-you'd-hoped weight loss - sounds like maybe it was actually a muscle gain? :drinker:

PHYLJEN - one pound is great! (On my end, being over 50, every half pound is a major victory!) :bigsmile:

RABBIT - 2 pounds - WOO HOO! :happy:

ERINM - you and I sound like we're in the same boat - don't give up, we'll get there! :heart:

MINERVA - Said it on the feed, but again, you are virtually melting away! :drinker:

lreed - More than halfway there for the month! Amazing!!! :drinker: