Size 24 to size what??

Options

Replies

• needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who responded to the original post and especially to all of those that have requested me as a friend. I now have as much support as anybody could ask for. Looking forward to this journey, but knowing there are people that took the time to respond to the post will make it that much easier on me.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I started at sz 24 and currently fit an 8 :0)

I may get a little smaller, but I could be happy at this size for the rest of my life!
  • JessJessB
    JessJessB Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started out a 24, and I'm 5'9. Right now I'm a 6, after losing 121 lbs in 10 months. You can do it!
  • nuffexercise2012
    Options
    I was a size 36W and it was tight. I had to buy them at a big girl's store and occaisionally shop at the big man's store for jeans. I am currently a juniors 11/13.

WOW!!! truly inspiring...............here's to you sticking your determination:flowerforyou:
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I started at size 24, and an now a solid 18. Don't worry about size... as the lbs come off, the clothes will get bigger and bigger.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6"and was a tight size 24 when I started I am currently wearing a size 10, it can happen. Just stick with it and dont give up
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". I started at 221 and was a 22/24. I'm now 143 lbs & wearing a10/12.
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have a question - many of you ladies are 5'6" and weigh around 160 and wear sizes 10-14. I am 5'6" and weigh around 158 but I can almost always fit into an 8...what am I missing? Not like I am complaining about wearing smaller sizes :)

Haha, funny you just friended me--we are the EXACT SAME. I weight 158 right now, but I'm 5'6" and wear a 10. It's all about where we carry weight. My hips are all wide-set bone--I rarely gain or lose weight from that area. That's why I mentioned pant sizes not ALWAYS being reflective, depending on your body type. I was 5'6" and 95 lbs when I was at my lowest point of anorexia... and I was wearing a 5 IF I WAS LUCKY, but generally a 7 (juniors)... at 158, I wear either an 8 or a 10. That's a pretty big weight difference, but not much of a pant size difference ;)

So, good on everyone where pant sizes was an indicator of progressing health and weight... I'm just here to remind everyone not to get discouraged if your pant sizes DON'T seem to vastly change.
    I agree guys. I have large hips. My pelvis is very wide and my absolute skinniest was a women's size 10 (edited to add--I looked anorexic at size 10). But my skinny average was 12-14 womens or junior 13.
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My body type is weird. I have no butt, thinner legs, and a huge belly, so getting pants that fit in the waist as well as the legs is really hard to find.

That is me exactly, and it is so hard to find pants that fit, i have to wear the elastic waist pants and hate it!!!!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I started in February at a tight size 20, wearing tight 2x scrubs. I'm down 46 pounds and wear a very comfortable size 16 now. I'd be thrilled to hit a size 10. I don't have lofty goals, just want to keep eating healthy and exercising for the rest of my life. I'm very short, BTW...5 feet. Starting weight was 252. A healthy weight for me is in the very low 120's, with many women my height in the very low 100's. Right now, I feel like I'd be over the moon happy if I could get to 150.

One day at a time, focus on habits and health. The rest will come, eventually.
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    5'4. Size 11-13 to size 7 (sometimes 9). It took almost 2 months to do this =) Healthy Diet & Exercise =). 1200 cals a day. Workout at least 5-6x a week. I'm not going to lie..Not every week I would workout 5 or 6x a week & Not every day I ate 1200 cals. Sometimes, I ate McDonalds. But, Its the effort & dedication that got me there. Never. Never, Give Up. xo
  • 0utrider
    0utrider Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    June 1st, 2012 of this year I was 208#, I am 5' 6" ......................I was so upset and uncomfortable! I wore a size 18W or 20W in slacks. I wore a 1X-2X for blouses.

I did a walk around the hospital campus where I work each am, it's about 1.68 miles. I arrived 45 minutes early, did the walk, then went to work. I did it on my lunch break, same walk. I would arrive back sweaty, worn out, out of breath and mad because I was so uncomfortable just walking. The weight was coming off, but not very fast.

I learned on FB I had a friend from Oregon doing C25K..............I had never run, didn't want to, but decided that it would make a big difference. So I got it in the iPhone app store. C25K Free....................and everything rapidly changed. I am down 35.8 pounds, wearing a size 12 or 14 pant, depending on the cut. (not women's sizes, regular sizes!!!)

My blouses are now a size M or L.................depending. I look better, feel better and love that I am able to do so much more.

The only one that won't recognize that I look better is my husband. He refuses to tell me that I look pretty..........oh, well.......his loss. He says he was not unhappy with me being bigger and if he thinks I look better now then it will make it look like he wasn't happy before...............ok.........................?????????????.........men!!!!
  • 0utrider
    0utrider Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I understand why he does that. He isn't being mean or indifferent. It is quite a tough spot to be in, and he isn't lying to you. And you are probably right, he wasn't unhappy then and doesn't want you to think he was.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I was a 16 at 190 or so. In the past I was a 12 and went down to a 7/9. I am currently back at 12 (I had two kids and am working to lose the pounds!). My current goal is a size 7. :]
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I understand why he does that. He isn't being mean or indifferent. It is quite a tough spot to be in, and he isn't lying to you. And you are probably right, he wasn't unhappy then and doesn't want you to think he was.
    Not true. I know someone who just likes big women and he told me his girlfriend who was already in the 20's in size for sure was too small.
  • Pete165
    Options
    I once wore a size 26. I got down to a size 10/8 but since have gained a little back and now wearing a 12 tightly :(. I am working on getting back down. It is possible to do it! Best thing is support. good luck!
  • rockinraccuun
    Options
    I was a 24 at 270. an 18/20 at 240 and now at around 200 i am about a 14. hope that helps. I am 5'8" big gut, halfa butt and looking like im going to have scrawny legs! :)
  • Fit_ClaudiaQ
    Options
    Started at 230 wearing size 24, now at 160 wearing size 10 & hoping to get down to 140 & wear size 8...I'm 5'1"
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and was wearing tight 13/14 pants. Now I'm into a 7/8 :) Still not done yet but I feel so much happier
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Great post
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!