Sugar is not your friend part 2

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Feel better pett. :flowerforyou:

I swam the 100 free in High School. Or the free leg of the 400 Medley Relay. Been loving the pool here lately. Makes me feel like I'm somewhere warm -instead of brrrrrrr cold Seattle.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I made it through yet another day snowed in at home without baking any goodies. Thank goodness.

I didn't have snow and still made brownies and ate one... with a scoop of ice cream. :ohwell: Honestly, it was freaking awesome! :bigsmile: I wanted to lick my plate.

Of course my heart is racing now from the sugar shock... but whatever. Did I mention it was gooooood? :laugh:

We went to TGI Fridays earlier in the week for that 3 course deal they have, and for dessert I had the brownie covered in ice cream with hot fudge and caramel sauce. SO GOOD. Now, I am trying to talk myself out of baking cheesecake brownies. At least they are so rich that I can only eat one. :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    I made it through yet another day snowed in at home without baking any goodies. Thank goodness.

I didn't have snow and still made brownies and ate one... with a scoop of ice cream. :ohwell: Honestly, it was freaking awesome! :bigsmile: I wanted to lick my plate.

Of course my heart is racing now from the sugar shock... but whatever. Did I mention it was gooooood? :laugh:

We went to TGI Fridays earlier in the week for that 3 course deal they have, and for dessert I had the brownie covered in ice cream with hot fudge and caramel sauce. SO GOOD. Now, I am trying to talk myself out of baking cheesecake brownies. At least they are so rich that I can only eat one. :laugh:

There are 3 loaves of banana bread making my house smell mouth watering good baking in the oven right now. If I didn't like to bake, it would be so much easier. I made some last week, at a piece or two the day I made it, stored it in a container I couldn't see through and did ok. My kids LOVE it. Minus the sugar (:laugh: ) my recipe is not bad.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Sugar. Bah. It's everywhere. I still haven't had any alcohol. I don't know why I 'm so proud of that. It has made me seriously crave sugar. But since Monday no (added) sugary happiness either. :happy:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Because I am two degrees south of crazy, I have made up a little song I sing when I pass the gelataria.

Have you seen the Travelocity commercial where the gnome is singing his little "I need to get out of here" song?

I sing it in my inside voice and the words are "sugar is not my friend. sugar is not my friend." My inside voice, ladies. . .because I'm still two degrees south of crazy.

Sugar is not my valentine. Boo to it!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I know. It seriously sux. Because I still love it. I want to call it. I want to go over to its house and just drive by and see what it is doing.
    I wonder if it is happy without me. I hope I don't run into it at the grocery store with its new girlfriend, frozen cream. But I always do.

You'd think I'd be over it by now. I haven't taken it to bed in months. It hasn't whispered sweet nothings in my ear. I'm starting to think it doesn't even know I exist anymore.

.......you're two degrees. I'm about one-half percent south of crazy. I broke up with a man and sugar and it's almost Valentines Day.
    eff.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I know. It seriously sux. Because I still love it. I want to call it. I want to go over to its house and just drive by and see what it is doing.
    I wonder if it is happy without me. I hope I don't run into it at the grocery store with its new girlfriend, frozen cream. But I always do.

You'd think I'd be over it by now. I haven't taken it to bed in months. It hasn't whispered sweet nothings in my ear. I'm starting to think it doesn't even know I exist anymore.

.......you're two degrees. I'm about one-half percent south of crazy. I broke up with a man and sugar and it's almost Valentines Day.
    eff.

Cheryl-- I :heart: you-- you rock.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    eff.

.........AND alcohol. grrrrrr
    eff me.

I can do this. I'm good enough I'm smart enough.....yadda
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    and gosh darn it, people like you. :heart: :love: :heart:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    So... I'll join you after Valentines :glasses: - if I may :blushing: .

I want to give up chocolate and processed sugar (to my understanding that would be all chocolate bars and candies, plus all fruity yogurts). I may still have marmelade/jelly and will try replace sugar by honey. Oh, and I want to stay clear of bakery sweets - but I will allow myself the kind of desert based on sweet cheese that I prepare myself :wink: (where I can use 1/2 of the sugar or even less than what they say in the recipe :wink: or even honey instead of sugar). Hope this all sounds reasonable.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Cheryl-- I :heart: you-- you rock.
    and gosh darn it, people like you. :heart: :love: :heart:

Thanks, Marla and V. I need all the friends I can get, albeit cyber :smooched:

dewdrop! Nice to see you. You can do whatever you're comfie with here. We are dysfunctional but gving it our best shot! Everyone has their own level of sugary-taboos.
    Welcome.:flowerforyou:

Okay, I think tomorrow is the day I'll buy my Valentine jewelry. No idea what it will be this year, but I sooooooo deserve it! Pictures will follow :happy:

Cheryl - you make me laugh, you too Viviakay...

Can't wait to see the jewelry pictures!

Sugar is not my Valentine!!!

Tammy
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hello all... Doing well with the no sugar thing. I made the breakfast cookies that were floating around on here the other day. They are very sweet, even though I didn't add any sweetner to them (3 black bananas will do that, lol). Made the black bean brownies as well. Tweaked a bit, and one of the kids who didn't like them last time said he liked them this time, so that's good. Only had a little agave nectar left, so I only used about 2 tbsp in the brownies instead of the 1/4 cup it called for.

Went to the gym today, and although I'm feeling better, I don't have much stamina or oomph. I did manage to get through my c25k run and do some ab work. Hopped on the elliptical and just couldn't do it. Came home, ate a couple of slices of pizza (my homemade so it's good for me) and went to bed to sleep for 3 hours. When my alarm went off, I sooo didn't want to get up! Had to go run the computer for the JV swim meet though, so I did finally drag myself out of bed.

Anyhow, time for dinner, chicken and cabbage tonight. Pear later for a snack before bed.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hello all... Doing well with the no sugar thing. I made the breakfast cookies that were floating around on here the other day. They are very sweet, even though I didn't add any sweetner to them (3 black bananas will do that, lol). Made the black bean brownies as well. Tweaked a bit, and one of the kids who didn't like them last time said he liked them this time, so that's good. Only had a little agave nectar left, so I only used about 2 tbsp in the brownies instead of the 1/4 cup it called for.

Went to the gym today, and although I'm feeling better, I don't have much stamina or oomph. I did manage to get through my c25k run and do some ab work. Hopped on the elliptical and just couldn't do it. Came home, ate a couple of slices of pizza (my homemade so it's good for me) and went to bed to sleep for 3 hours. When my alarm went off, I sooo didn't want to get up! Had to go run the computer for the JV swim meet though, so I did finally drag myself out of bed.

Anyhow, time for dinner, chicken and cabbage tonight. Pear later for a snack before bed.

You should consider having some protein or fat with the pear at bedtime. Should never have sugar or carbs without protein or fat. Perhaps an ounce of cheese? It will help to keep your blood sugar stable throughout the night.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 72lori
    Options
    Lori we love banana bread, if it's not too much to ask, please post your recipe!!!

Cheryl - you make me laugh, you too Viviakay...

Can't wait to see the jewelry pictures!

Sugar is not my Valentine!!!

Tammy

Sure I can post it..... don't pay attention to the *whisper* 'sugar' in it. It's easy and very moist. My mom does her's with splenda, I do not. I've never tried with whole wheat flour, but I've thought about it.

1/2 cup applesauce
    1 cup white sugar
    2 eggs
    2 or 3 large ripe bananas
    1/3 cup fat free sour cream
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    brown sugar (sprinkle on top)

Pretty much mix it all together, spray some cooking spray in the pan, flour it, add the brown sugar on the top, 350 degree oven for 60-75 minutes.

Smell it baking and then try not to eat it. I've never actually succeeded in that. :wink:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    So, I need to brag.

I went to the gelataria for a latte today. (they are extraordinary, and it was right on the way home from the gym). They tried to give me a cookie for free, and I said "no thank you. I am minimizing sugar right now."

Allow me to repeat: I TURNED DOWN A FREE COOKIE! (all caps because it's exciting!)

Because, you know why?
    Sugar is not my valentine.

Although tomorrow, if I get a tiny amount of chocolate, I'm eating it. Just saying. My husband has learned portion control in presents. He's good that way.:wink:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Been playing with the enemy the last two days. Tomorrow I'm not doing it! That is all.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    So, I need to brag.

I went to the gelataria for a latte today. (they are extraordinary, and it was right on the way home from the gym). They tried to give me a cookie for free, and I said "no thank you. I am minimizing sugar right now."

Allow me to repeat: I TURNED DOWN A FREE COOKIE! (all caps because it's exciting!)

Kudos to you, my friend!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Everyone have a great day, don't sweat the small stuff. Treat your Valentine the way you want to be treated.

See you all back here tomorrow for confessional? Or just to chat? I didn't buy myself any jewelry, I have so much jewelry I don't wear already. I'm saving my money for my few months in Florida. Coming soon!! Maybe I'll buy some shell jewelry.