Eat Healthy; Get Fit; Lose 100+ New Group 1st Weigh in Jan.

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I love making my doctors happy, so I can understand how psyched you must feel, katie! I am hoping to be to 60 lbs lost the next time I see my diabetes doc for checkup. Congrats to you & great work! Keep it up :)
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    hey lost 1 lb new weight 241lb, happy with that i know it could have been a bit better but i had a chinese last nite so im guessing iv retained a bit of water because of the salt content. oh well i enjoyed it and its the first time iv had a cheat meal so lunch is going to be a nice salad with plenty of water lol

well done everyone

heather x
  • jgrandison
    jgrandison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ok need some help I dont want to see my efforts go down the drain, and i am about to jump out of my skin. Does anyone have any ideas for upper body exercise that might help me contiue my journey my left leg is out right now but there is nothing wrong with my arms and my right leg, and I will be totally depressed if I can not keep the momentum going any suggestions will greatly
    appreciate it. Happy Valentines day to all.
    Jeania:sad:
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    well..:huh: ... i would still strap your knee up to make sure it stays still. then: sit-ups, crunches, toe touches, arm circles, press arms behind you, leg lifts. small weights (or cans) and use your arms to lift overhead, up & down your sides, arms out to a T, arm curls.
    i'm sure there are more once you start thinking & working, these are the first ones that popped in my head.

if you've got the knee immobilized, i think you could even consider swimming. flutter kick from your hips and really pull with your arms. it would be excellent exercise, if you have pool access. :wink:

good luck Jeania, i hope you find something that helps you feel active. exercise and moving is a huge component in the lifestyle change we are all working towards and getting sidelined with an injured knee would make me unhappy, too. :frown: (and i'm afraid, i'd start using it as the excuse for not doing well at the diet, which would start a downward spiral for me :cry: ) Push to motivate yourself to what you can, don't give up. :flowerforyou: katie
  • katielouhoo
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!!!!

You are all real sweethearts. :love: thank you so much. i appreciate all of you. :flowerforyou:

it is great to come here to chat (or sometimes just stalking you - :laugh: :laugh: lol) to read what everyone is doing.

so on this day of love, :heart: :smooched: :heart: :love: i want to express my thanks and caring for you wonderful, devoted, supportive people.

:flowerforyou: -katie (there, enough saccharin for a Sunday morning, :ohwell: i got it out of my system)

by the way- :drinker: Happy Chinese New Year today, too- it is the year of the tiger
    appropriate as we all need to be tigers about our exercise & diets, too!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jgrandison
    Options
    Thank you Katie, I am going to give it a shot.!!!!:smile:
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness weigh in is not till friday, had a horrible valentine's day. got to fnish working off my calories, cleaning counts so maybe i can do it!

michelle
  • katielouhoo
    Options
    okay-:happy: here is this week's chart. we still had a couple folks absent (unless i missed their new number somewhere)

nicole- i have to admit when i looked at last week's number 239.4, then you weighed later (i had 238) and your check-in this week 235.4, did not show the same amount lost you are reporting.:huh: please let me know if i need to fix this number for next week.

actually, everyone, i will do best with a number ...as in: i now weigh 214. it is great to verify that "this is a 4.2 lb loss", but the number helps me (especially if you weigh yourself frequently, you might look back & see what your last report was, so you can be sure the loss will agree)

Also everyone you will see i added a column after the name list for challenge.:bigsmile: i think after a few weeks it will be easier to remember who has had a turn naming a challenge if we keep a record. so brandy & i have both named challenges.
    :flowerforyou: -katie

weight2-14.jpg
  • jgrandison
    Options
    Thanks Katie, awesome chart.
  • Brandywithrow
    Options
    wow guys look how much we lost as a group :) were all doing great! Thank for the chart Katie I love seeing this each week keeps me motivated to get my percentage higher! Hows everyone doing with the exercise so far? I have went 5 days in a row now for at least 45 minutes its hard not to drink your water when your exercising so both challenges are going good for me excited to see my results this week!!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Thanks for keeping up the chart, katie. I would recommend changing my 218 at the end to 218.4 since I hadn't lost anything. This week is looking like a loss though. C'mon, body, cooperate!
    Aaaaand look everybody, we lost a person together!
  • tifffel
    Options
    Great Chart Katie! Sorry I forgot to update you - I'm going to try and get into a routine. I lost 2lbs this week so now 232

Tiff
    x
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    HOLY SMOKES look at that 200.4 lbs lost all together! WOO HOO that is awesome!!! Thanks for the chart Katie!

I have gotten at least a half hour in every day. I got to get out for a walk yesterday and it felt great!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I did Wii BL workout yesterday, and did an hour & half at gym today. Hubby had today off so went to gym with me. I decided to repeat week 2 of C25K so he could run with me. This was the first time back running for him since he got sick right before the race.
    Guess what-- I actually made it through the program today! It wasn't easy, but I did it. Well, almost. I walked the interval right before the cooldown, but that just allowed me a 5 min cool down. I went 2 miles in 32 mins. This means I've taken 15 mins off my 5k time! It also means I got past that stupid 16 min wall where I would normally poop out. The track isn't the most entertaining to look at, but I've noticed my best runs come from there and the road.
    After that I went upstairs for a bike session, and did 10.6 miles in 30 mins, and finished up on elliptical by going just under a mile in 15 mins. In all, I burned over 700 cals. I hope this week is the week I move past 218 pounds, which I've been stuck at since Hale Freezes Over.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Trish! You rock!
  • katielouhoo
    Options
    Trish- i'm tired just reading how hard you are working and how well you've been doing at pushing yourself further.

i did get to my 60 min of water aerobics today, but spent the rest of the day having fun.
    we had 2 other couples over and had a sushi party.

and although i did spend 4 hours cooking and cleaning before they arrived, the rest of the day has been quite sendentary.
    the hard part was keeping myself under control surrounded by food all afternoon.
    sushi runs around 50 calories per piece (depending on size & ingredients), so i watched others having a plate full; but limited myself to only six pieces & one small glass of wine. sigh...
    had fun with friends & though.

have a good week everyone. -katie
  • mhagoaliemom
    Options
    Becca- i highly recommend the baked vegetarian chimichangas found on this site (just use the search)
    excellent, and i have served them to guests too.

the other recipe:

Maple-balsamic glazed fish with spinach saute

1 lb fresh or frozen skinless fish fillets (like halibut, salmon, sea bass) (i like the ocean eclipse 4 oz frozen fish- sold in perfect individual servings size,no guessing, only $1 each - $4/ lb is a good price where i live)
    3 Tbl maple syrup (i use sugar free)
    1 Tbl balsamic vinegar
    1 to 2 teas. dijon style mustard
    1 recipe spinach saute

thaw fish, if frozen. Pre-heat broiler. rinse & pat dry fish.
    combine syrup, vinegar & mustard in a small bowl.
    Place fish on greased broiler pan rack. broil 4 inches from heat 8 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
    Turning once halfway through cooking. brush with glaze last 2 to 3 minutes of broiling.

meanwhile prepare spinach saute, serve with fish. Makes 4 servings.

Spinach Saute

1 Tbl olive oil
    1 lb fresh spinach
    3 Tbl walnuts toasted, chopped (i use sliced almonds)
    1 Tbl worchestershire sauce
    1/4 teas salt
    1/8 teas pepper

heat olive oil over medium high heat. add spinach cook & stir for 1 to 2 minutes to wilt spinach. remove from heat. stir in walnuts, worcestershire, salt & pepper (4 servings)

the nutrition information is for the fish plus the spinach
    250 calories, 10g fat, 1g sat fat, 46mg choles., 25g protein, 17g carb., 3g fiber, 386mg sodium

-katie

I made this for dinner tonight & it was wonderful! Everyone loved it! Thanks for the recipe Katie!
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

nicole- i have to admit when i looked at last week's number 239.4, then you weighed later (i had 238) and your check-in this week 235.4, did not show the same amount lost you are reporting.:huh: please let me know if i need to fix this number for next week.

Katie- I believe you have it right, 22.6 lbs lost.... MFP just rounds up to 23 on the ticker, so I go with it:) If this is not the mix up you are asking about, please let me know! Thank you again for the chart, I love seeing it each week! Great Job everyone!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Thaks for the chart!! After my horrible weigh in on Friday I weighed myself again on Monday and I'm back down to 253.4! So I'm hoping the increase was water weight and that by increasing my water it will stay away. I haven't been doing the exercise challenge because I've been having these spasms in my back. So I'm going to rest it the next couple of days and I'll try to start up the exercisin again at the end of the week.
  • jenmonkee
    Options
    Hi there, if it's not too late I would like to be added to the list. I started my weight loss journey the beginning of this year, I started at 220 and am down to 203! I look forwar to participating in this group if possible :)
    Jen