Your husband/boyfriend!!!

Options

Replies

• afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was the General Manager at a multi-concept restaurant on the turnpike. My husband was our new pest control guy. He asked me out twice before I said yes. :flowerforyou: We've been together 9 years this past July and will be married 9 January 31. We've had some pretty rough spots, mainly due to his kee-ra-zee ex-wife and their 4 kids (it's been nearly non-stop chaos with them), but we are stronger now than ever.
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ours is a long, complicated story, so here is a big long blog post I wrote about it:

http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/p/love-story.html

Makes sure you read to the end :)
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    many ladies find their love on internet dates. LOL
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i met my bf of 2 years through friends...his friend was "dating" my friend and we hit it off when we all hung out one night. now our friends don't talk anymore and we are still together.
  • MrsHottentot
    Options
    I met my husband and boyfriend both on blind dates...craigslist is a wonderful place!
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i dont really qualify we split last night... but im going to tell my story anyway...
    we kind of met in a chat room... sort of... it was a room for the city i was living in, id been going in there a year or so, so knew all the regulars quite well :) went on holiday for the summer and when i got back dee (one of the regulars) was quite forceful in making me talk to this "new guy" .... one of the mean girls (you know what i mean if youve ever been in a chat room...) was trying to get her claws into him, dee wasnt having it she met with him went for coffee had a sneaky kiss and decided he was a good one ...decided i was a good one... and wanted us together... we met properly at a birthday party for another member... went on a date to the cinema, and well he was perfect and lovely and everything was brilliant,

unfortunately i finished university and had to head 150 miles back down the country, the road got a little bumpy then. we argued a little had a break, but it was too good to let it go. We managed another year after i got home making it 3 years and one month after it all started it came to an end with
    "Would have loved to spend the rest of my life with you. I just can't spend it apart from you."
    who knew such beautiful words could hurt so much.
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    We met on PlentyofFish. We are married and have a very active (almost) 2 year old together!

We ended up living about 5 minutes from each other when we first met. Which is crazy because he was previously married to a woman in the Air Force and has lived all over the US and Germany. Seemed to be one of those things that was meant to be! :love:

Ditto! We've been together a little over 4 years now and married for 2 and a half years. I didn't think he was what I was looking for at first (skinny nerdy guy - I was looking for the big bad boy hah!), but as it turns out, he was exactly what I wanted/needed and I've never been happier. :)
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    met my boyfriend at university, the first time I met him I thought he was cute but thought nothing of it, the second time i turned him down to go to his birthday and then he added me on facebook chatted a lot got back to uni and was pretty much inseparable from then on! we lived together for a year but split up due to him finding a job elsewhere and not wanting to drag me there but got back together because we literally can't live without each other it's been 3.5 years, hoping to move back in with each other in the next year :D
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    met at a school retreat. Started talking and hanging out from there. SEVEN years later, i'm still crazy in love with him.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I met my partner at a mutual friend's wedding. I was actually found him very annoying when we first met, but I did think he was geeky cute. We exchanged numbers that day and started hanging out and studying together at the university library. More than nine years later, we're still crazy about each other and have a beautiful five year old daughter.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I was 15 my husband was 17. My friend Misty and his friend Sarah were friends and well they thought we should meet. We didn't go to the same school. So me and Misty snuck out of her Dad's house (first and only time I ever snuck out of a house period) and we went and met up with my husband and his friends. I instantly liked him. We hung out all night as a group and I made the first move, which is SO not me. I fell and grabbed his arm and just kept it there and finally slid my hand down and held his...then we went to the park and I asked him if he wanted to go out, he said he didn't know he was supposed to go meet some girls with his friend the next night. I invited him to come hang out again and well he did and I asked him out we have been together ever since. This November 9th will be 10yrs together and this past June 3rd we have been married 6yrs.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I worked front desk at night for Life Time Fitness. He was a member and saw my Star Wars tats and asked me out with a Star Wars based line. I had to say yes even though he was older, much shorter, and kinda skeezy looking (I thought). It ended up the best first date I've ever had and a year and a half later we are still together.
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i dont really qualify we split last night... but im going to tell my story anyway...
    we kind of met in a chat room... sort of... it was a room for the city i was living in, id been going in there a year or so, so knew all the regulars quite well :) went on holiday for the summer and when i got back dee (one of the regulars) was quite forceful in making me talk to this "new guy" .... one of the mean girls (you know what i mean if youve ever been in a chat room...) was trying to get her claws into him, dee wasnt having it she met with him went for coffee had a sneaky kiss and decided he was a good one ...decided i was a good one... and wanted us together... we met properly at a birthday party for another member... went on a date to the cinema, and well he was perfect and lovely and everything was brilliant,

unfortunately i finished university and had to head 150 miles back down the country, the road got a little bumpy then. we argued a little had a break, but it was too good to let it go. We managed another year after i got home making it 3 years and one month after it all started it came to an end with
    "Would have loved to spend the rest of my life with you. I just can't spend it apart from you."
    who knew such beautiful words could hurt so much.

I'm sorry. :(
  • jwilson3787
    Options
    On the internet We've been together for 5 years married with two kids!
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Met my bf at a hockey game because of my hockey friends. I had season tickets and would see him occasionally. We were friends on facebook and then I made a typo when messaging him and my phone said "dating" instead of "daring." So he said "if you want a date, just ask." It's been love ever since. :)
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on myspace.com. We did long-distance for three years, and we finally live together now.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I met my husband 10 years ago next month on yahoo personals. I worked at BJ's Wholesale Club at the time and had him meet me there and we sat in the food court and talked for a while. We officially started dating 12/28/02 and got married in 2004 and have a 7 year old and an almost 5 year old :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    @Skitty - Did he take you to the Opera? if so....Did you like the Opera dear?

*swooooon*

Eddy took me to see La traviata.... we took his private jet to San Fran.... I loved it. I was unbelievably moved...

Was it better than Pirates of Penzance?
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    We met at a Rodeo, of course!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    "Met" him for the first time on an MSN penpal site, 12 years ago this past July. Turned out we only lived about an hour and a half away from each other and one evening just a couple weeks after that first e-mail exchange I was feeling bored and reckless and picked up the phone and called him (he'd given me his number a few days before and kept hinting that he'd love it if I'd use it) and asked if he wanted to come take me out to dinner.

The poor man practically had to run a gauntlet to pick me up: my best friend, her boyfriend, my babysitter, her adult son, and about three or four kids were ALL waiting on the front porch to inspect him when he got to the house. He won major points just for not turning around and heading straight back to his car at that point!

We're celebrating our 10th anniversary this month!