5ft 4inchers, what is your weighloss goal?

Options

Replies

• MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", age 47. I started at almost 180. My CW is 140. My goal weight is 125. These last 15 have been the hardest.. Just as importantly, my BF started at 39%. Current BF is 31.8%. I'm mostly concerned with getting my BF down to 24%. That should give me my goal weight.. but after all this, the last thing I want to do is to be 'skinny' fat..

For now, I know I can beat any of my 5 kids in a long distance run and am much more of a beast than this time last year.. Just weight till I'm done! womp!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my current weight is 186.6 pounds (starting weight 209 lbs). My goal is 120 lbs but my wellness coach urges me to wait and see as I get to the healthy range of around 107-145 lbs and determine then what would be best for me at my current age 55.

I weighed 100-103 lbs when I graduated from high school with a medium frame. I read that you shouldn't weigh more than 10 pounds over your high school weight which would be 110-113 lbs (where many people said I looked great in my early 20s). 120 lbs was what I weighed at age 32 and seemed like a safe in-between maintainable weight in the healthy weight range.

I'll re-evaluate my ultimate goal when I get down to the 140s.

hmmmm, in that case my high school weight was around 105. I thought I was a little too skinny in high school though. The bones in my hips stuck out.
  • Maddielen
    Options
    You ARE my ideal weight....143!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about the right weightloss goal for me. I am a petite and 143 pounds right now. I have looked through MFP for people like me and i have noticed that, the threads for short people are generally full of 5 feeters and below. So what about success stories from 5ft 4inchers and the ideal weight for us?

lol, cute.. there are a lotta shorties on here.. heheheh reminds me of that garfield cartoon i saw long time ago! hes like "im not over wt im under-tall"!!! lol :drinker:
    im 5'4" and very curvy /medium type frame.. and my hw was 234 sw 231 cw 213 my goal is 155#'s and in shape getting there/toning/wt classes and healthy /strong... not 'thin'.. and umm yeah 155 form 234 is one hell of a diff... i cant wait!!
    i was around 155 10yrs ago or so and was very comfy and right feeling wt for "me"... def an individual goal though.. even if same height...
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    145 lbs for me..even though it says my ideal weight is about 125...i think id look anorexic at 125 and that is not the look i am going for

bump!!! ya...125 "in my bra"!!! lol...
    sure its possible.. but idk i hate doctor scales/#'s.. ridiculous.. i will get to my goal wt of 155 and STILL they will show me as 'over wt".. smh.. ya well they can shove it.. LOL.. jus sayin... hahahah
    i call the doctor scales "i love Lucy days'... too old school.. esp peeps strenth training and getting STRONG in shape not just 'thin'...
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5", but I always round up. I have a really small frame. I started at 140 (after three kids) and am now 118.5. My doctor and I agree that my ideal weight would be around 110, but I'm happy enough with my current rate. I don't want to run into the problem I had throughout my twenties (I'm 41 now) of not being about to find any clothes to wear in a typical clothing store. I've gone from a 10-12 (at 140 pounds) to a 2-4 now.
  • Elissalove
    Elissalove Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm technically 5'3", but I'm aiming for 135 with muscle tone. I think I could get to 140 and be fine too. I have a big frame though. I weigh about 170 (last time I checked a few weeks ago) but I wear a size 8-10 in pants and definitely an 8 in dresses. I was 135 freshman year of high school and still had chub, so if I'm 140 and "toned" I'll be happy. There's no way I would look good at 110...too thin.
  • tiffanyneedstolose
    Options
    Start weight 210 and goal weight 145
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Right now my goal is 120. I may reassess when I get there.
  • absolutnonsense
    Options
    Somewhere between 5'3" and 5'4" here, initially wanted to aim for 126, but wondering if I might look better about 130-135, I'm pretty hourglass shaped and last time I was really thin (went down to 112 after a horrific breakup) my *kitten* went concave and my chest pretty much vanished, which definitely wasn't the greatest... Think I probably need to evaluate again in a few pounds...
  • AlwaysImprovingMe
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4" and I weight 165lbs (last time I checked) my body fat percentage was 36% at the same time so basically I have 60lb of fat and 105lb of lean body mass

I would like to be around 15%-20% body fat so 15.75lb-21lb above lean body mass for me which gives me a target of around 120.74lb-126lb

I set my target for 40lb as its a nice round number that lands in that range however when I start getting close ill reevaluate and probably change my target to suit my progress and accommodate any muscle gain but having some method behind my numbers is really helping me stay motivated.
  • withtimecomesmiracles
    Options
    As I started at 245 and am currently 156, my main goal is to have lost 100lbs so technically I'm aiming for 145, but I think I'll keep pushing for 135-130 once I get there (:
  • punkrockprincess23
    punkrockprincess23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i am 5 ft,4 inches. i started at 145. i am currently 135 after only 2 weeks. i heard it drops off fast at 1st,then more gradually. i would like to be 110-115.
  • vivipr
    vivipr Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Im also 5'4" my current weight is 162, after losing 70 already <---so proud of it!
    my goal is 130 :) working hard to get there before the year ends :)
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Another 5'4"- er- I started at 203, currently at 174, final goal is 145-150. I have a bigger frame. At 135 (which was my weight when I was 21- I look skeletal (not good at all).
  • jambelly
    jambelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5 and my goal weight is 120 by Christmas and 115 by March of 2013. I'm 131 now and started at 142.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I am 36 5'4 and aiming to be 130 pounds...currently 150 :(

When I started on MFP, those were my stats! (well, 157 SW!) I had lost around 50lbs on my own and needed help with the last few. "They" say it gets harder when we're older, but I like to prove "them" wrong.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My doctor said 140 was ideal for me. I would however like to get down to 135 so that I'll be at a lower weight before I get pregnant. I started out at 169 just over a year and a half ago, got down to 143 and have been maintaining there for awhile. Now I'm back to hopefully push through to the 135 mark.
  • jenndear09
    jenndear09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 currently 153 pounds from my bmi I am overweight. I am trying to get to 145-140, I would be over joyed to be 132 pounds again which I was three years ago for my wedding! :happy:
  • par57
    par57 Posts: 74
    Options
    Go to TOOLS on this web site, then select BMI. Fill in your data and a nice table comes up with "healthy" weight ranges.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!