Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• TwentyTen
    Options
    I'm going to start the 6-week challenge for EA Active More starting tomorrow morning......................its gonna be tough waking up early, but at least I will get it over with early and I will have time to get other things done after work. I really need to work on a strength training workout instead of just cardio to help tone up my arms! Wish me luck!

Good luck with that definitely! I wish I could get myself up early enough to do that. Keep us posted on how great it's going!
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Okay... so my best friend got engaged on Saturday. :o) I am soooo excited for her! However, they have already set the date, they've been talking about getting married for a while now, and they are getting married on August 7th. I am going to be a bridesmaid so that means that I only have about 21/22 weeks to get myself in good enough shape to look good in my dress. If I want to be to my goal weight I will need to lose 3.5 lbs every week. I will need a lot of motivation and support to get that. No time like the present to start right! :o)
  • julie2912
    Options
    Hi I have just joined and not sure how you join the Wii fit 60 day challenge. I have the Wii fit plus. Can someone please tell me how you do this.
    Thanks
  • kaucia
    Options
    Hi Im new I do have the Wii fit Can someone tell me what to do I have never used it before.

Thanks
  • boscopup
    Options
    Hi I have just joined and not sure how you join the Wii fit 60 day challenge. I have the Wii fit plus. Can someone please tell me how you do this.
    Thanks

Wii fit doesn't have any challenges like that. The 30 day challenge people refer to is EA Sports Active, a different game. The 6 week challenge is EA Sports Active More Workouts, the sequel to EA Sports Active. EA Sports Active can use the Wii Fit balance board, but otherwise they are not related.

http://easportsactive.com/home.action

In the 30 day challenge, it has 20 workouts, and you do 2 days on, 1 day off, so a total of 30 days. It combines several exercises to make a 15-20 minute workout (or longer if you pick a higher intensity). The workouts are different each day.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late in the game here but I have a wii fit and I LOVE it, so count me in! :)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone!

Wow! There are so many new people joining us. This is fantastic! If your new and you haven't posted your goals yet, please remember to do so. No one here keeps track but I read somewhere that if you write your goals down, you are more likely to keep too them or at least keep trying to meet them.

I over did it doing 30 minutes of free run in a workout a few days back and I'm still feeling it. Yesterday I went skiing and today is yoga, but I will try to get on the Wii for at least a little while.

To everyone without a HRM - I don't have one and can't afford one right now. I just concentrate on 30 minutes a day for a healthy heart and do my best guess on the calories burned by using what is on the Nintendo website.

Right now I'm saving for EA Active as it sounds like it is the best next step for me to mix in.

Have a great and healthy day!

JAM
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    So im getting a little bored of being shouted at by my Wii fit board!!! i didnt log on for 3 days as I was doing another workout or i had a rest day...he sounded so dissapointed!!!
    Also does anyone have My fitness coach Cardio workout? Is there a way to get a punch stamp without doing the daily planned workout?
    Gem
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    So im getting a little bored of being shouted at by my Wii fit board!!! i didnt log on for 3 days as I was doing another workout or i had a rest day...he sounded so dissapointed!!!
    Also does anyone have My fitness coach Cardio workout? Is there a way to get a punch stamp without doing the daily planned workout?
    Gem

Howdy all,
    I have my fitness coach, and I remembered it told me "oh, I noticed you were busy and glad you can make it today", or "I missed you for a few days"

Are you asking, is there a way to say you did it without doing the workout? (something like punching your workcard but not going to work) :wink: :laugh:

Did another 750 calorie burn yesterday with EA active workout for ~75 mins.
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    No not at all like punching work card but not going to work! on the cardio boxing one they can design you a workout for the day or you can al a carte work out! I chose designed workout and it gave me jump rope which I cant do in my house due to a downstairs housemate and very broken wooden floors! I want to get a punch stamp if i choose a la carte and I cant work out how! I work out every day on it and sometiomes the set workout is just too hard to do in my house!!!
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Today I did my second EA Active 30 day challenge workout on hard setting. It took a lot of motivation ( like watching the Biggest Loser) to do it but I did. I figured that if those contestants could dedicate themselves for 6 hours a day than I could at least do 25 minutes. Sometimes I need to realize other peoples successes before I get off my rear end, but hey it works!:flowerforyou:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    gemfox, sorry I can't comment on that. I only started fitness coach for a bit before I stopped (holidays), and now picked back up with the EA active.
    One thing that I do like about EA active. You can easily create yourself a 20-30 min workout of exercise/dance/sports related stuff that you are not running, or jumping on the floor. Great for those with bad knees, ankles, and bad floors.

Rachi - wtg. I repeat through my mind sorta the same thing, If they can do it, I surely can. If they can workout for 6-8 hours, I can do at least an hour, and most important if I don't get off my butt and do it, nobody else is going to do it for me.
  • elysant
    Options
    Okay - weigh in day for me. No scale movement yet! I'll just have to keep at it for next week.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Okay - weigh in day for me. No scale movement yet! I'll just have to keep at it for next week.

Yeah no need to get discouraged. Took a couple weeks until I saw any indications of downward movement at all. It will come!
  • elysant
    Options

Yeah no need to get discouraged. Took a couple weeks until I saw any indications of downward movement at all. It will come!

Thanks... as much as I know it is going to take some time to start seeing that movement, it's good to hear!!! :o)
  • SkodaGal
    SkodaGal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello again. I just thought I would report my fitness progress, so to speak using my Wii. 2-3 times a week I've been using My Fitness Coach on the Wii, for half hour intervals. So at least I'm being consistent this month :) Today was the first time in 40 days that I've used Wii Fit Plus, but I did it :) I spent 39 minutes on it; probably close to half of that time was spent "biking" lost trying to capture all of the flags on the advanced course. I ended up "capturing" 20 of 22 before I got worn out.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Hello again. I just thought I would report my fitness progress, so to speak using my Wii. 2-3 times a week I've been using My Fitness Coach on the Wii, for half hour intervals. So at least I'm being consistent this month :) Today was the first time in 40 days that I've used Wii Fit Plus, but I did it :) I spent 39 minutes on it; probably close to half of that time was spent "biking" lost trying to capture all of the flags on the advanced course. I ended up "capturing" 20 of 22 before I got worn out.

Good for you putting in the time! I almost gave up myself on that advanced cycling, it took forever, Was alot easier the second time. It's taken me about a month to get on it consistently. Now I am driven.

Tonight is my well deserved rest night after 6 in a row. My 3rd day without coffee, another 10 hour work shift, so it will be good to put my feet up for a change. Back at it tomorrow tho'.. I can feel it's starting to work!

Hope Tuesday was kind to everyone!
  • boscopup
    Options
    Wow! There are so many new people joining us. This is fantastic! If your new and you haven't posted your goals yet, please remember to do so. No one here keeps track but I read somewhere that if you write your goals down, you are more likely to keep too them or at least keep trying to meet them.

Good idea!

My goal weight was originally 170, but then I noticed that 169 would put me in the "healthy" BMI range (I'm tall), so I went with that. LOL! Once I meet that goal, I'll make a new goal. But this is what I think is an attainable goal for the moment. I started at 193.5, and I've now lost 8 lbs in the last month! Woohoo!

I am trying to workout at least 4 times a week, which I've been very consistent with (often working out 6 days/week).

So those are my goals!

Today is a rest day for my 30 day challenge, and I'm definitely taking it because I also started Couch-2-5K yesterday, and then it was workout 2 of the the 30 day challenge, which is a hefty one. My legs are feeling it today! But it's all good. :)
  • SkodaGal
    SkodaGal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well this morning I couldn't sleep, so after eating breakfast and digesting it for about an hour I decided to do some exercise on My Fitness Coach. I chose to do a 45 min core workout. It's the first 45 min workout I've done on My Fitness Coach for the Wii in a long time. The workout included some cardio and lots of crunches. Fun fun fun :)
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Well this morning I couldn't sleep, so after eating breakfast and digesting it for about an hour I decided to do some exercise on My Fitness Coach. I chose to do a 45 min core workout. It's the first 45 min workout I've done on My Fitness Coach for the Wii in a long time. The workout included some cardio and lots of crunches. Fun fun fun :)

I am wondering how My Fitnes Coach compares to the EA Active. I only have Wii Fit Plus, but will be looking for something else soon, just to break up the boredom.

Good for you getting in a full 45 in the morning. I keep telling myself I really should try and get up early enough to do it before work, but it hasn't happened yet. I love the snooze button too much.