200+ (Week 17) "Fling Into Spring" Begins!

Options

Replies

• mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    6 week challenge please! Right now I work out on my Wii fit. I have to get back into it though. I also have a treadmill I can use at home. In the past when I had chocolate I would work out. It really worked for me.

My numbers are:

SW:237.8
    CW:202.9
    Challenge Goal Weight: 195
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    mish - I put you in the chart. If you can, report your weight each Friday and remember on Thurs night or Friday - we start a new thread so don't lose us. If you can't tell several us have recently started running and find it's great exercise (and a long time dream of mine.) Have you looked into the C25K training? Kristina and I both used the treadmill for the training... I can't wait for spring so I can run outside.
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love taking fast walks outside with my son after work, but the weather has not been good here. Eventually I want to run, but right now walking/fast walking is where I am. I am very excited to start again and really happy to be part of this group.

Thank you for including me! :)
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Okay ladies - my super hero strength must be stealing things. I just read a great quote that we super heroes need to follow.

"MFP is my secret weapon" - as super heroes, we need all the advantages we can get. With MFP we are unstoppable!!!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies - my super hero strength must be stealing things. I just read a great quote that we super heroes need to follow.

"MFP is my secret weapon" - as super heroes, we need all the advantages we can get. With MFP we are unstoppable!!!!

Unstoppable I tell you!

Running went well today. Didn't have a problem at all (the US weekly I was reading helped)! I'm definitely getting stronger with it. While I'm still not loving running, the feeling of accomplishment I feel afterwards is AMAZING. Definitely proud of myself. I ran for the last 4 minutes of the 25 at 5.0 as well. What's better, is I feel like if I hadn't started upping the speed, I could have run longer, so that bodes well for the last 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to when I can run outside. I know it'll be a transition, but a good one!

Keep it up my fellow ladies!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    aka....totally agree with you....while i don't think i can say I 'like' running, I am addicted to the feeling of accomplishment after.

pinot.....running makes me so thirsty too.. i definitely drink more on days i run, and I love the extra calories i can eat!
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i haven't posted in a while but i weighed in this morning at 287.5!!! so excited! and I started jillian michaels 30 day shred today. It really kicked my *kitten* but I felt so great afterwards.

Hope you all are doing well :')

if anyone would like the download link to the 30 day shred message me!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Okay to broach the time told topic of hot conversation on this site...are you guys finding that eating back your exercise calories is working for you? I've only been eating a little bit of them back. For example I'm eating around 1650 a day, burning anywhere from 400-600 cals at the gym at night and maybe eat 200 back..so netting...between 1100-1300 a day. Is that okay?

I've only been doing this since the beginning of January but I haven't really seen a huge loss, just body shape changing...getting smaller to an extent. I figured I needed 6-8 weeks for my body to kick into high (or any) gear, so I expect that I would start to see something SUPER SOON.

Good to know that everyone who's doing C25K is experiencing good luck with it. Tonight I went to pick up my daughter Gracie instead of going to the gym since my husband had an after work function, so I didn't go to the gym and feel like a loser for it, ha ha.

I ate pretty well today...and now am going to strap on my HRM and do a yoga video. I am interested to see if yoga at home actually gets my heart rate up or not.

Oh. And yeah. If I buy something sweet or bad for me, I tend to gobble them up too ladies! I feel like I'd rather get them out of the house NOW then have them staring me in the face for a week. Like the 100 cal packs of Oreo Cakesters. Those things are my nemesis. LOL
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Feeny: I started with the 30 day shred when I first started exercising. It's great! I was in so much pain like I've never felt before, but it just proved how out of shape I was and what muscles I wasn't using. I don't do it regularly now but it's a DVD I know I can always come back to.

Lacey: I try and not eat all my exercise calories, but eat at least half of them. If you're net calories are too low, your metabolism might start to slow down. I would go below a net of 1200-1300 calories a day if you wan to keep your system revved up. I've read from other peoples accounts that eating a bit more if you have been eating too few can help jump start your weight loss, even if you might initially gain a pound or two. The important thing is you're getting smaller. Weight isn't always the best indicator on how you're doing. If those clothes are fitting better, that's a great sign!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Lacey - I do eat my exercise cal one of two ways. At first, I was only eating 1/2 but weight loss was only set to one lb so my net was still over 1400 (this was early on and I didn't work out as hard). Lately, I have been eating 1200 plus all my exercise cal. On the weekends, I will eat/drink even more. It is working for me. Weight is not the only thing to consider - take measurements, look at energy level, and your physical appearance. You need to find what works for you. Early on in the program, you will be gainning muscle which takes up less space (pound for pound). I am always varying my workouts, cal intake and food choices to keep my metabolism guessing. Read old posts by Banks (aka SHBoss). He has been a wealth of info.

The Shred is not my friend. This old body could not take the high impact (my left knee flares up). It's been awhile since I tried it . I'm in much better shape now. Once I drop below 200, I may try it again.

Today is another long work day followed by bookclub. I probably won't make it back on today to post. If I find a few min, I'll read what you've all been up to. I do have a snow shoeing date at 4:30 (I have to get my ex in)... Enjoy your day.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Yeah, yesterday was hectic!! I probably burned alot of calories... I did'nt ride the bike last nite, I was too tired.
    Today i weighed in at 219.8!! I am a 2teen now!!!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I am THISCLOSE to starting C25K. I am feeling so great about my weight loss right now. I am fitting into pants that I had gotten too big for, I can tell my stomach area has gotten smaller and I'm slowly rebuilding my confidence. :bigsmile: The one thing I worry about with C25K is how much its going to bother my knees. When it gets cold, my knees bother me. I haven't had as many problems with them this winter, but the past two zumba classes I have felt that zing of pain shoot through them and I've had to back off the squats, jumping and other high impact moves that create a lot of stress on my knees.

I was slightly disappointed that I only burned 900 cals in an hour on the elliptical. I felt like I was working a lot harder and should have gotten 1000 in. oh well. My gym has a lot of eye candy. :wink:
  • cds2327
    Options
    blombie....get on the running trend with us. it does become addicting. my knees give me trouble too, but so far not enough to stop. i try to rest on the weekend, or Wednesday (if they are really bothering me....but not today). i subscribe to the idea that if i keep working through it (though not excessively) I'll build up strength in that area.
    Can you all remind me of that when am in a knee brace? just kidding.

lacey---And I have had troubles with weight loss. these ladies would be dropping weight and i'd lose two pounds then stay where i was for four weeks. with their encouragement and ideas, i finally can to the realization that i wasn't eating enough calories. I have my goals set at 1 a week, and a sedentary lifestyle. I eat back all my exercise calories, with maybe one or two nights 100-200 under. It just depends on the day. I think if you try to have a broad overview of your week it all averages out. That works for me so far (the last two weigh ins have been good for me). Maybe it will work for you too!
    NikkI--congrats on getting into the teens! i was super excited too. Now, we rejoice..dance around like idiots, and work you toward getting out of the teens!!

Rant: do the people on here that seemingly don't need to lose weight kinda annoy you? there was some post about being "skinny obese" and i just wanted to barf. this person was 5'6" and 130. ok, your not skinny fat....your untoned.
    guess i'm just jealous. I just don't use the "fat" term loosely.
    love, hugs, and best wishes to all for today!!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Blombie...eye candy at the gym....to funny:laugh: :laugh: , Love all the new faces...and boy we were posting yesterday!!

Well it was $720 for truck tires and $100 for a new battery...Ouch, guess the treadmill will have to wait another month...:ohwell:

But the priceless moment of the day....was when we got home from lunch:blushing: :blushing: , I was changing getting ready for my daughters choir concert and my husband came in the bedroom...:blushing: :blushing: , he just stopped dead in his tracks, spun me around and said "I know you think your not losing, but look at you, your looking great"...now my husband doesn't do this....so when he does...it just lights up my day....I know it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks...but we all know it does...I really needed that, this pms/hormone/crappy feeling/moody/bloated crap has had me down....today I feel that I can do anything!

I'm on the addicted running band wagon....I just love it and as I have probably said before I believe it is because it is so dam* hard to do at first....you really have to give it your all and dedicate....but before you know it...your in love....AKA, your rocking and pinbot, cds...look at the miles your loggin....look at all we're doing superheros......

I need to get off of here now.....Hello to everyone new, I can't wait to hear how you achieve your goals....I am a slow loser, I also started eating more to lose...and I do try to workout everyday. I picked up the Shred and I really like that the heart rate gets up there rather quickly when I'm pressed for time....it's the girls:embarassed: that I have trouble keeping strapped down with the jumping jacks:laugh: :laugh:
    Nikki....congrats....your always so hard on yourself for your calories...but look at you, it's working!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Really have to go, my tea has been gone for about 20 minutes now, break is WAAAAYYYYY over...will check in later tonight, I hope my sone has a late wrestling meet....
    HAve a great Wednesday everyone!!
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It is awesome to see all the couch to 5K chat around here. I have looked into it. Right now, I don't have a gym membership or access to a treadmill, and it is too cold to get outside right now. I have big time trouble breathing in the cold. But I do plan on doing this program. It has been a long time dream of mine to run a full 5k. Have any of you done this program outside, or have you all started on a treadmill?

I am having a great start to my weight loss. I am not a beginner at this, but it is still a great start. Down 1.2 lbs after a couple of days. I have been doing really well logging foods, and not cheating (finding lower calorie options from the menu so that it looks like I ate less - yes, I did that in the past to pad my list :blushing: ) I have not started my exercise yet, but today is the day. My calves are sore the last few days. I was thinking about exercises to do that would only take a couple minutes. I came up with jump roping, but I don't have a jump rope. So I just kinda jumped in place for 5 minutes. My legs are so tight. So I am going to just push on, and it should work out and feel better soon. I am excited to get back into the groove of things.

Have a great week!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options

Rant: do the people on here that seemingly don't need to lose weight kinda annoy you? there was some post about being "skinny obese" and i just wanted to barf. this person was 5'6" and 130. ok, your not skinny fat....your untoned.

OMG, I read this too....ah, ehem...okay...what? I know we all see ourselves differently and I want to respect their feelings...but what?
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

NikkI--congrats on getting into the teens! i was super excited too. Now, we rejoice..dance around like idiots, and work you toward getting out of the teens!!

tHANKS!!!
    It does kinda 'bother' me(skinny fat), but hey, I gotta worry about me.. I sorta try and look to them for motivation!!
    But I seriously think that skinny people need to make a skinny dite, so they can be on that.. lollll
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Debra, that's SO amazing to hear about your hubby noticing your weight loss. I bet that felt unbelievable!! :flowerforyou: Oh, and regarding the Shred, I totally have issues with the "girls" as well when doing the jumping jacks. I sometimes worry about poking out an eye!

Melsa, I started out running on the treadmill, as it's pretty frigid outside here in Michigan, plus I like being able to keep myself at a constant pace and I exactly how far I've run. The one time I attempted to run on the indoor track, it was a sort of a failure. My big issue was that I took it out to quickly... I wasn't able to register how fast I was really going and completely pooped out 10 minutes of running in. So until I feel super comfortable on the treadmill and it gets warmer out, I'll stick with that. Though, I would like to transition to running outside, as it's much more interesting, and my town has some great parks, a botanical gardens, and arboretum which would all be perfect for getting my run on!

I haven't decided yet what to do about today regarding exercise. I need to talk to my friend who is supposed to be in town for the evening. If he isn't coming into town until late, I might try and get to the rec center before I eat more than I should and get in my day 2 of c25k. I have always taken a day off between runs, but as my schedule got wonked up this week, I would like to attempt it tonight. We'll see. If not, I would like to at least do a pilates dvd or something, even if it doesn't burn a lot of calories.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I have a system about keeping my girls in. I mostly only do it on zumba nights though cause I can only do laundry so often (feel guilty for doing it too often at mom and dads...only 1.5 weeks till I'm back in my house though!). I wear two sports bras and a sports tank and it seems to keep them under control. I can't afford to buy an expensive (ie GOOD) sports bra so I have the el cheapo from Walmart...I think it was like 3 sports bras for like, $10.
  • cds2327
    Options
    thank goodness some of you agree with my rant!! I don't want to discourage anyone, as we can all improve ourselves.....but "fat" and 130 pounds should never be used in the same sentence unless your 3 friggin feet tall!!! ok, enough of that......:mad:

Deb! I am so jealous and happy for you for your hubbys comment!! That is just so awesome!!!
    Mel-- i kinda did the c25K, i started on it after i had been running for awhile myself, so now I am working on doing at least 2 miles...and then pushing myself some days to get to 3. I've done it, it wasn't pretty....but i can do it again. i hope to enter a 5K soon and a 1/2 marathon in October....wish me luck. I have a 3 yr old son, and no jogging stroller (no money to buy one) so I use a treadmill. I agree with Aka., for now I like controlling my speed and seeing how far i go. still, as the weather gets better and i get more comfortable with my running I will venture outside. everyone says it is harder. to help on the treadmill (make it seem more like outside) i've heard to put it on incline 1.0, so that is what works for me.
    As for running, I ran 2 miles in 25 minutes today!! :happy: Yeah me!! I was proud. didn't want to work out, but said i can at least do two miles.
    also, opted for a veggie burger from burger king today....no mayo....:sick: