Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I wish I could respond to posts but after my day today I can't really comprehend what I am reading. I had a pretty taxing end of the day. My boss is an abusive bully and I've finally talked to someone about it. I hadn't realized how unacceptable her behavior had been until I spoke up. At the end of my discussion, I was shaking and my knees were buckling when I was walking back to my desk. When that was done, I had to come home and take a test online for one of my classes. I seriously feel like I was hit my a truck.

My main wish is that I have the strength to do what needs to be done over the next few days and not allow others' actions to hurt my mindset.
  • Sogj76
    Sogj76 Posts: 21
    Options
    This is a great thread! And I hope it's okay to join willy nilly. My goal for this month is to keep my weight loss momentum. I've lost 10 pounds my first two weeks, I want to keep it going.
  • ohpampered1
    ohpampered1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    First I want to thank everyone for all the support, I just read all the post and was almost crying to due to caring. I know I can lost this weight this time because I want it for me, and I have good people like all of you for support.

@dobarber- WTG on finishing your race!

@Gloria- Stay strong, I have been there too. You can do it!

@Kaye- Best of luck with your knee surgery. My mom had her knee done and it's much better now.

@Rene- I hope things get better for you at work, it terrible to have to work with a boss like that.

Wednesday Wish: *it already came true today! I had to weight myself today and I lost 5lbs. :bigsmile:
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

Wednesday Wish: *it already came true today! I had to weight myself today and I lost 5lbs. :bigsmile:
    Woohoo! Grats! Donuts schmonuts, who cares about 'em! Good job!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    End of the day. I succumbed to the temptation to make chocolate chip cookies today. I only ate one, and I am well below calories and carbs for the day so I don't feel too bad. It sure did taste good. I've done really well so far this week on water, too. I don't dislike water and I've never been a soda drinker so its just a matter of remembering to get a drink.
    Here's to a happy successful day tomorrow. Kaye
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @Robin- thank you. Fortunately I ended up not having to do that. I always try to go with homeopathic remedies before resorting to meds and I got lucky lol. (Menthol cream/oil is awesome!) I still can't figure out what made it hurt in the first place though... unless it was something I did when I was cooking. Oh well- all gone now so all's well that ends well.

Thursday truth: I'm finally converting my family over from prepackaged frozen of boxed meals to fresh meals made from scratch! I've managed to prove to them that cooking from scratch is a ton cheaper than buying the frozen crap... and it tastes better too! For the past few weeks, anytime my dad wants pizza, he comes to me to make it. Well, last night he wanted to get a sack full of Krystals (Sliders, kinda like white castle for those who don't have Krystals in their area). I pointed out that to get a sack of 24, it'd be around 25 bucks and said I could make a dinner for less than 20 for everyone living in the house.

Homemade fried rice and beef and broccoli- $14.51.

Tonight my brother requested we buy chicken pot pies (frozen of course :T) and I suggested again that I make them from scratch. Granted, due to the fact we had to pick up a few extra items it wasn't under 20 bucks- but I made enough filling to last a couple of days with red skinned potatoes, carrots, celery and pearl onions (all fresh!) and have everything needed to make more pie crusts for individual serving size portions of chicken pot pies tomorrow and maybe even the day after! And they taste better and are far more filling (not nearly as much gravy as the store bought pot pies). I feel quite accomplished!

The only problem I see is that I need to start writing recipes down to remember them in the future! (btw- anyone wants any of my recipes feel free to ask. I'll share them all.)
  • nzenczak
    nzenczak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!

Truly feeling bummed today. Stepped on the scale this morning just to get a sneak peak as to how my week is going and I'm up 1.4. I have no idea how. This week has been pretty good thus far. However, I have only be tracking my calories without attention to really anything else.

What other things are you all tracking nutrition wise besides calories? I really feel as heave as I am and as well as I'm eating and exercising the weight should be coming off, but it just doesn't seem to want to. Ugh!
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanz - I'm hungry all the time, too. In fact I'm starving right now and I just had 2 hard boiled eggs 2 hrs ago. I'm going to have to get a snack soon.

@toots - I'm tired, too. Between work stress and worrying about being hungry (see above) I'm not sleeping well at night.

@pampered - I have no wisdom or advice but want to offer hugs. :smile:

@kjeffries - I feel the same way about buffets. And there are always so many yummy choices it's so hard to be good.

@grandmakaye - I'm glad I'm not the only one eating cookies. Yum!

More later...
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Thursday!

Thursday Truth~I try not to scale hop, but have this week - I'm so close to see a number on the scale I haven't seen in a very long time, I don't want to miss it! :laugh: I could hit it tomorrow on my official scale day...fingers crossed!
    @Robin- thank you. Fortunately I ended up not having to do that. I always try to go with homeopathic remedies before resorting to meds and I got lucky lol. (Menthol cream/oil is awesome!) I still can't figure out what made it hurt in the first place though... unless it was something I did when I was cooking. Oh well- all gone now so all's well that ends well.

Thursday truth: I'm finally converting my family over from prepackaged frozen of boxed meals to fresh meals made from scratch! I've managed to prove to them that cooking from scratch is a ton cheaper than buying the frozen crap... and it tastes better too! For the past few weeks, anytime my dad wants pizza, he comes to me to make it. Well, last night he wanted to get a sack full of Krystals (Sliders, kinda like white castle for those who don't have Krystals in their area). I pointed out that to get a sack of 24, it'd be around 25 bucks and said I could make a dinner for less than 20 for everyone living in the house.

Homemade fried rice and beef and broccoli- $14.51.

Tonight my brother requested we buy chicken pot pies (frozen of course :T) and I suggested again that I make them from scratch. Granted, due to the fact we had to pick up a few extra items it wasn't under 20 bucks- but I made enough filling to last a couple of days with red skinned potatoes, carrots, celery and pearl onions (all fresh!) and have everything needed to make more pie crusts for individual serving size portions of chicken pot pies tomorrow and maybe even the day after! And they taste better and are far more filling (not nearly as much gravy as the store bought pot pies). I feel quite accomplished!

The only problem I see is that I need to start writing recipes down to remember them in the future! (btw- anyone wants any of my recipes feel free to ask. I'll share them all.)

Awesome! I think its great, too, that your family is on board with trying to eat healthier and are receptive to your suggestions!
    Happy Thursday everyone!

Truly feeling bummed today. Stepped on the scale this morning just to get a sneak peak as to how my week is going and I'm up 1.4. I have no idea how. This week has been pretty good thus far. However, I have only be tracking my calories without attention to really anything else.

What other things are you all tracking nutrition wise besides calories? I really feel as heave as I am and as well as I'm eating and exercising the weight should be coming off, but it just doesn't seem to want to. Ugh!

Sometimes when we change things, like diet or exercise, it can take a little while for our body to catch up. Are you drinking enough water? How about fruits and veggies – getting plenty of those? Do you look at your diary at the end of the day? Do you have any macros that are in the red? If so, you may want to make some changes. I track calories, fat, protein, carbs and sodium. Also, what MFP sets up for you isn’t written in stone – you can adjust your macros for carbs, fat, protein, etc. (I worked with a nutritionist awhile ago and she recommended 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein – it works well for me so I manually changed mine). If you look under settings, you can also adjust the way your diary appears – change the names of the meals, etc., and set to track the stuff that is important to you. This can sometimes be frustrating, you have to play around with things and find what works best for you.. Also, if your diary is open - some of us can take a look and see if we can recommend anything that you might want to change. Hang in there!
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @KJeffries -- sweet potatoes are pretty good carbs as these things go though. It's keeping off the white bread, white rice and pasta that I struggle with.
    @Reneeileen -- Oh, I hope that talking to someone about your boss will help get some action. It's really hard coping with bullies at work.
    @Sogj -- welcome! Yes, you just jump in.
    @Ohpampered1 -- congrats on the weight loss!
    @Kaye -- I try to bake for my family regularly (I mean, there has to be a benefit of being at home, right?) but I do find baking days hard. It's the 'shrinkage' in the cooking lol.
    @Raven -- eating your own food can also be much lower cals as well as not having the additives and sodium. It's much easier to balance things in the way you like, and to make just the right amount.

So, I *did* get off my tush and do dance mat last night, on nice easy settings, and then I got up first thing and went for a run this morning. This is w2d2 of Ease into 5k, and I was a tiny bit faster this time. I might squeeze in a bit more dance mat later depending on how things go.

Enjoy your Thursday!

-- Alison
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - this carpal tunnel thing is out of control. I'm in constant pain. So much pain that I'm unable to sleep. The doctor prescribed vicodan to help with the pain and let me sleep. I hate how it makes me feel and I still can't sleep. It's bloody hard to work on reducing when I'm this miserable. Sorry for the rant.

Carpal tunnel - In case you're wondering, anti-inflammatories work until the day they stop working. The frozen gel wrist pad helps some if you're in front of the puter. The 200mg daily of vitamin B6 cure for carpal tunnel is pure hokum, a waste of B6 and time. Pressure points work for about 18 seconds after you've thoroughly aggravated the opposite hand. Those weird wrist bands you wear just below your elbows serve only to cut the circulation off just below the elbow. The spandex wrist braces, tet hose for your hands, are not only sexy but they don't work. Magnets, brass, copper, crystals I didn't even try them, I may be simple but I'm not stupid.

Loving the new (to me) truck. I had them both in the drive while I was stealing parts from the old one, shoulda snapped a picture but it didn't even cross my mind. It was cute, they looked like book ends. I found a really really old yellowed crusty Alabama's greatest hits cassette tape - yeah, my trucks are that old :huh: - in it so my better half named the thing 'Bama.' I don't name cars but that's kinda cute. It is really a joy to not need to do daily roadside tune-ups in order to drive home.

aug
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth::: So I told my Mom about me most likely going to college and she told my dad. I didn't tell her not to tell but I was going to wait. Well they are both happy for me. Mom says she will miss me being here (which I am still going to work here through college) but she knows how long I've wanted this and is happy for me. But my dad talked to me this morning and told me that he is proud and happy for me and that he thinks it's the best thing for me and my family. SO that's a huge weight lifted.

But STILL have to look at schedule and everything as far as working and going to school. Because if it doesn't work then I can't do it.
    So I pray that this all works out and I can go to college and still work and be able to pay my bills!

Have a great Thursday!!
    Tina
  • kah68
    Options
    Thursday Truth::: So I told my Mom about me most likely going to college and she told my dad. I didn't tell her not to tell but I was going to wait. Well they are both happy for me. Mom says she will miss me being here (which I am still going to work here through college) but she knows how long I've wanted this and is happy for me. But my dad talked to me this morning and told me that he is proud and happy for me and that he thinks it's the best thing for me and my family. SO that's a huge weight lifted.

But STILL have to look at schedule and everything as far as working and going to school. Because if it doesn't work then I can't do it.
    So I pray that this all works out and I can go to college and still work and be able to pay my bills!

Have a great Thursday!!
    Tina

Awesome, Tina! I'm so happy for you that they are being so supportive! :flowerforyou:

ETA: I had to change my profile pic since she stowed away in my gym bag! :laugh:

Kelley
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I missed posting yesterday since it was so late when I got home from the Thompson Square concert. Well, actually it wasn't late until I watched the repeat of the debate, but that is neither here nor there.

Wednesday Wish: My wish is that if you sign up for tutoring, you freaking show up on time! I had a parent show up yesterday 45 minutes late and still expected me to be there. I'm sorry. I waited a half hour for you. You didn't call or text to tell me you were still coming. I understand you had other things on your mind, but you still need to be on time!

Thursday Truth: My runs have not been happening as often as I would like them too. My 10K is right at 5 weeks away and I do NOT feel prepared! With only one working treadmill at the complex, it is really hard to get on it when there are other people waiting too. I have been doing more running outside, but even that is getting tough with all the traffic in my area. *sigh* I'll get it sorted out though.

On a good note, I am currently doing well on my low-carb challenge. I am also doing well on my October Miles challenge. 5 down, only 55 more to go! :) I plan on getting 5 more done this evening.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll make time to go back through the thread and read everyone's postings later this afternoon. Have a great day!

~ Jana
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @toots--you and me both!! My lovely puppy is still going through a lets-wake-mom-up-at-3am-every-night phase that started a few weeks ago for no apparent reason whatsoever. :mad:

wow, you're nicer than me. after that once or twice someone would spending the night in the bathroom :laugh:
    @toots - I'm tired, too. Between work stress and worrying about being hungry (see above) I'm not sleeping well at night.

yeah, i have insomnia. sometimes it's very bad, like right now, and sometimes it's just tossing and turning for an hour every night before i can sleep. and i don't sleep enough anyway because i work at night.

i thought they'd be happy for you :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged just yet! 1.4 is *nothing* for me, 1.4 lbs is a salty dinner that I'll pee out in a few days or gearing up for TOM. The process DOES work, just have to keep doing the steps and trust it. The weight will come off. (It would help us if you opened up your diary so we can see what you're eating, we may be able to give some pointers).

@BigAug - At least you didn't find an 8-track tape in the truck. :wink: :laugh: Would a cortisone shot help carpel tunnel? Wouldn't that soothe the nerves (at least temporarily)?

@Tina - Grats on the family support. It's all coming together for you.

@Kelley - Love the new profile pic. Sweet kitty.

THursday truth - I still find myself thinking like I did 100 lbs ago. I ran over to the hospital for bloodwork this morning and I kept driving around looking for a close spot... then I realized *smacks forehead* I can WALK now. So, I park and start walking and my heart sunk because I realized I had to climb two flights of stairs *Second forehead smack* .. those are no big deal any longer. yeesh. Am I ever going to feel like the fitter person I really am?
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday. Wednesday wish. I wish that once my bfs car is put together that it will work! Turns out it may just be the spark plugs that caused the problems. Would be awesome if it works. Should know today or tomorrow!

Thursday truth I gained back all but 7 lbs of what I had lost, which is half the weight I lost.. I think I need to create a challenge for myself. If I think of one might anyone want to join? I shall think about it during my slow moments at work.

I will post my measurements tonight. I promise!

~Lana
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - this carpal tunnel thing is out of control. I'm in constant pain. So much pain that I'm unable to sleep. The doctor prescribed vicodan to help with the pain and let me sleep. I hate how it makes me feel and I still can't sleep. It's bloody hard to work on reducing when I'm this miserable. Sorry for the rant.

Carpal tunnel - In case you're wondering, anti-inflammatories work until the day they stop working. The frozen gel wrist pad helps some if you're in front of the puter. The 200mg daily of vitamin B6 cure for carpal tunnel is pure hokum, a waste of B6 and time. Pressure points work for about 18 seconds after you've thoroughly aggravated the opposite hand. Those weird wrist bands you wear just below your elbows serve only to cut the circulation off just below the elbow. The spandex wrist braces, tet hose for your hands, are not only sexy but they don't work. Magnets, brass, copper, crystals I didn't even try them, I may be simple but I'm not stupid.

Loving the new (to me) truck. I had them both in the drive while I was stealing parts from the old one, shoulda snapped a picture but it didn't even cross my mind. It was cute, they looked like book ends. I found a really really old yellowed crusty Alabama's greatest hits cassette tape - yeah, my trucks are that old :huh: - in it so my better half named the thing 'Bama.' I don't name cars but that's kinda cute. It is really a joy to not need to do daily roadside tune-ups in order to drive home.

aug

Aug - sounds like you have run out of options on your wrists - are you contemplating carpall tunnel surgery? Or are you surgery shy since you had the big heart surgery? I hope you get to have the wrist surgery sometime soon as you will be tons better.

Congrats on Bama - I picture it talking back to you as you drive around - "Aug, no we're not going to stop there!"
  • kah68
    Options
    Thanks, MyM0wM0w, she's a sweetheart.

aug

Aug~Like Robin said, it sounds like you have tried everything to alleviate the carpal tunnel pain. Are you considering surgery? If so, there is now a less invasive (i.e. less recovery, small incision) procedure. They claim back to regular routine in a week! You could do one, recover, and then do the other a few weeks later.