I went from 270 to 125 within a year.

Options

Replies

• beckydragonpoet
    beckydragonpoet Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done an amazing job! Thank you for sharing your success and inspiring me. :smile:
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    So incredible, you could be a model! So pleased for you. thanks for the inspiration
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Guys look at her profile. She's still looking to lose another 24 lbs. She says she's struggled with eating disorders in the past. Honestly it seems like she is still struggling.

OP You're a beautiful girl. Talk to a dr and get to a registered dietician so they can help you continue to be beautiful and healthy as well. :-)

Please don't lose any more. It's very easy to swap overeating to undereating, both will lead to problems. Maybe now you can focus on building self esteem, so that you don't focus entirely on your looks.

And apologies for my last premature post i sent before reading the full thread and i've now learned my lesson! I jumped on the bandwagon and commented on how pretty you are (which is true), but this really isn't the most important thing!!! Your good health is for more important. I had a friend that sadly has lived a life of hell because of anorexia, please don't become another one of it's victims.
  • dshgna
    dshgna Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulations to your amazing weight loss. I totally can understand the effort you put in. But I also have to agree with others that you are heading to the hospital bed. I do not mean to be unkind. And perhaps I could share my own experiences.

In 2009 i weighted 75 kilos. With drastic dieting, I came down to 52 kilos within three months. It may not be a huge weight loss like yours, but trust me, I understand the effort. And I started losing hair and energy. I could barely run a few feet without panting.

I felt totally, awesomely confident and yes, the world was a whole lot more kinder. I wanted to lose more, but that was nearly impossible after stating university and I maintained my weight at around 55 kilos. My weight would shift and I would occasionally diet to get back to normal.

But, the unhealthy diet of three years ago had its side effects. My hair loss stopped, but I had so less energy. And the worst part, my metabolism was sooo low that I could easily gain weight if I did not continuously maintain a tough diet schedule. Because when you lose weight, your body goes into starvation mode.

Another thing, being super thin, in my culture at least, is by no means exceptionally attractive. Women with just that small bit of flesh are considered much more attractive. That was the thing that came into my mind as soon as I saw you. I was like "I love her hair and eyes, but it would be so much nicer if she was just a bit more fuller."

All the best to you:)
  • TrainedDreamer
    Options
    Thank you for all the kind comments.

I have no time to deal with the morons that know nothing about my life, trying to police me on here about being "unhealthy". Walking a lot everyday and eating the right amount of calories..................................vs me never leaving my bedroom & eating around 4k worth of calories (binge eating disorder). I'd do everything the same if given the chance to redo.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options

I have no time to deal with the morons that know nothing about my life, trying to police me on here about being "unhealthy". Walking a lot everyday and eating the right amount of calories..................................vs me never leaving my bedroom & eating around 4k worth of calories (binge eating disorder). I'd do everything the same if given the chance to redo.

I assure you I'm not a moron. Please don't jump straight to defensive mode, and think about what these people are saying (the ones who took the time to read your profile and diary.) People are concerned for your health. That's what this board is all about.
  • valolerie
    valolerie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What do you consider to be the right amount of calories?

I think you look great right now, but honestly, losing more weight may put you in as much danger as being 270 would be. I got too skinny at one point a few years ago and almost died, so please be careful. You also say that you get treated better as you get skinnier, but at a certain point, that does start to reverse. I had people thinking that I had an eating disorder and constantly telling me how bad I looked (I was called a corpse several times).

I don't think that people are trying to be morons, just concerned for you and want you to realize that you are beautiful as is and that may change if you take it too far, regardless of what you think now.
  • leanne2376
    Options
    u look lovely - well done
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    !
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Your eating diary is just ridiculous. I hope you get the help you need. God bless.
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I assure you I'm not a moron. Please don't jump straight to defensive mode, and think about what these people are saying (the ones who took the time to read your profile and diary.) People are concerned for your health. That's what this board is all about.

^exactly!

People are just concerned for you based on the things you wrote down. It is cause for high alarm. Of course it is about being out and healthy and living your life. You have solved to extra weight for now, but clearly not what caused you to have it in the first place. I wish the best for you and your health.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! What an inspiration you are. I'm so glad you are living a happier life now :)
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Congratulations! a year well spent
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Wow you are beautiful and should be so proud.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You are looking fantastic but after seeing other people's comments I had a look at your diary, you are so young and this junk food can't be good for your body, you're not eating much at all and what you are eating isn't healthy. I'm not having a go at you, just concerned. I have only just started here, only been on 2 weeks but after many years of 'diets' that I have never been able to stick to, I have now decided to do it this way, by counting calories and trying to eat healthy. I am trying to eat so I don't ever go hungry and when I do go out (I love coffee & cake with my friends), I am trying to choose a healthier thing or just not finish the whole piece of cake.
    I would totally fail if I had to give up everything I like (failed many times before).
    Now that you are at a great weight and looking beautiful, maybe you could start looking at some more healthy eating to keep yourself slim and healthy.
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You are just beautiful!
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!

Congratulations.

Your story was touching. Thank you for sharing.
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    BTW, walk your own path. Do what is right for you. Forget about the rest!!! You have the rest of your life to live. YAY. I wish I has taken care of my weight problem when I was your age. I mourn the years I lost hidden in a fat body.
  • NancyG55
    Options
    You are such a good inspiration for us all! Congrats on the weight loss and the good inner changes you have experienced also. May you always live a healthy, happy life! Thanks for the inspiration! You rock!
  • EclipseNight
    Options
    Don't go too far. You look lovely in your "before". Overweight, for sure, but nowhere near "obese". Since I read in your profile that your goal is to look "anorexic skinny" it seems that congratulations are in order - you do.
    First thing I thought from the full-body-after pic was "Wow, she has a huge head!" Maybe it's the angle you took the picture at, that can be a bit awkward in the mirror - but maybe it is that your figure as such is nice but doesn't correspond to your height and proportions...
    And I don't mean this in a mean way, but in a concerned way. Your BMI is currently 19.6, I checked. Below 19 is considered underweight, still you claim you want to lose 1-2 more sizes. Besides, honey, you say you yoyo. First thing to stop that would be to stop forcing the yoyo down as far as it will go.
    You are thin, you are pretty, once you quit dieting so forcefully you hair won't fall out anymore. Three issues solved with one change. And start learning to love the big girl you were without becoming her again. Try and see her as a good old friend who was unhappy and compensated by eating.

Food for thought: Maybe if you (as her friend) had loved her more she wouldn't have needed to binge so much...

So maybe new you and old you can become friends and at one point merge emotionally?! I hope they will and wish you all the best for that! (Oh, and try not to give those two some more friends with balloony boobs and pouty lips!)

^I certainly agree with all of this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!