Ladies, How do I show my wife I love her?

Options
pj12string
pj12string Posts: 128 Member
The bible states that men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. This is a tremendous calling for all men who claim to be Christian husbands. Without disclosing specifics, let me just say that, I try my best but sometimes I neglect my wife and fall short of her expectations. So instead of me guessing and falling short, what can I do to continuously affirm to my wife that I love her? What would you want most from your husband? Any suggestions?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    To listen.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Eat the sammiches.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    1. Do the dishes
    2. Put the seat down and do not pee on it.
    3. Agree, does not matter if you don't.
    4. See attractive woman on street, make critism about her to the wife.

Thats a starter program
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    1. cut a hole in a box...
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

I lol'd.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    women loves going on trip
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    This sounds sexist, and really old-fashioned, and I don't mean it to be either way (I'm a diehard tomboy myself). But over the years I've found that when the guy I love DOES things for me, i.e. laundry, dinner, tucks the kids in, cleans the bathroom... it takes such a huge load of stress off me and then I actually feel calm enough to be loving towards him. We're all so burdened by the daily tasks of life, and if someone helps lift those burdens a bit it's amazing how we open up to each other.

Also, compliments are so important. Women know that you find us pretty, sexy, sweet, etc. But we need to hear it sometimes.

And finally, for the ladies - both of the above things are true for men too - they need help w/ stuff to ease stress and they need compliments too. Just let 'em get those jars open and kill the spiders, so they don't feel less-than-manly. ;)
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    I have this problem with my husband. I can tell you what would make me happier:

The looks that say "I need you" or "I want you"
    To have a compliment everyday, like, you look beautiful, dinner was amazing, you are a great wife, things like that.
    The occasional sweet note, thinking of you, I love you, can't wait to hold you when I get home, miss you already, etc.
    Touching, not necessarily sexual, but, caressing, like when she's cooking and you just walk up and put your arms around her, or the occasional hand hold, hand on the knee, etc.
    I kiss and an I love you everyday, and not at certain times, randomly, just out of no where, then it doesn't seem like habit.
    Gifts are pretty low on my list, but the occasional flower is nice.

Hope this helps.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Communicate and to bring her out for date nights!! Show her that she is special. Just give her a hug or a kiss for no reason at all. Be romantic!! Just love her!!! I could go on for paragraphs and paragraphs but I will not.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Tell her she's beautiful and mean it
    Hold her hand
    Kiss her

Essentially I think it boils down to acting like you met when you first fell in love. Make sure to always try and make her feel that special. Sometimes after years women fear we aren't as special and we've just become comfortable like that pair of holey underpants you won't throw out.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I do my best to
    1.) Say I Love You every day
    2.) Rub her shoulders and back as often as possible.
    3.) Leave her little notes in her appointment book
    4.) Listen to what she has to say
    5.) Do the dishes, laundry and anything else to help lighten her load.
    6.) Buy her little treasures when I shop.
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ok.. I'm gonna be serious for a sec... I've been married for ten years. I love my husband more than I could ever say, but he isn't a touchy feely kinda guy.

I would love it if my hubby would....

Hold my hand, kiss me in public (NOT MAKE OUT WITH ME) lol just kiss, tell me I'm pretty or whatever..

Stuff like that would be awesome. He tries but he just doesn't really get it.. Not that it matters, I'm his until I die but COME ON MAN lol
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Listen the Marc driscolls real marriage series. It's 11 messages on the topic of...well marriage for both the man and the woman. There's also the book if your more of a reader. It's all bible basied and they have lived through what they are teaching.

There is a free app that you can download to. Mars hill church
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Damn...beat me to it!
  • peachhunting
    peachhunting Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Make her breakfast (in bed), let her sleep longer one day a week :flowerforyou:, those made me :heart: my husband more. Although, a cup of starbucks in just fine. :blushing:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Buy the book 5 love languages

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

Love her the way she need to be loved. There is no one size fit all here. For me Acts of Service is my love language.........for my bf is it physical touch. If I love him the way I want to be loved....it won't work because we do not speak the same love language.
  • MrsHarris6
    MrsHarris6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd say communicate. Be consistent. Even when you're at your weakest moment (maybe tired from work or whatever your situation is), tell her how you feel (you love her, she's beautiful, or whatever). Think of the small things that used to make her happy and get back to that (rubbing her back/feet, doing dinner, helping with laundry/kids) or whatever. Try not to make it seem like this is a JOB, it should be natural.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Make her breakfast (in bed), let her sleep longer one day a week :flowerforyou:, those made me :heart: my husband more. Although, a cup of starbucks in just fine. :blushing:

.. and with 6 kiddos, she will especially appreciate sleeping late one day.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yes... Woman do love to go on trip.... With romance included.. NO Dishes.... Just relaxing and being catered to. At least once in a while. If you don't do this once a year.. You should consider it. Most woman work 365 and it gets a bit tiring.

Another thing is... you should make everyday Valentines Day. Not just Feb 14th. Don't say it, but show it 365,