Do you lie to your MFP friends about what you eat?

Options

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Nope.

And if anyone has something negative to say, they will quickly get deleted.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Having friends looking at my food diary will sometimes force me to reconsider what I'm about to put in my mouth.

But - if I made the decision to eat it? Then yea - it gets logged. Wouldn't life be grand if the calories wouldn't show up on our hips if we didn't log them here? Since that's not the case ... and since I'm here to lose weight ... if I ate it, then it's logged. Otherwise you're just fooling yourself. Accountability is huge.

This. I have obsessive tendencies, so I couldn't eat something and not log it. I'm glad that's the case though because your body keeps an accurate log even if you don't. And yeah, sometimes knowing other people will see it does keep me from eating too much crap... But overall, I trust myself to make the right choices for me, mostly healthy food, some indulgences and being able to eat with friends.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It's not really lying to your MFP friends as much as it's lying to yourself. My food diary is more for me than for my friends so I'd only be trying to lie to myself about the stuff I eat.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    no because the only person I'd be cheating is myself an that's the reason I'm here is for me!!
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I record everything...i feel the only person I would be cheating would be myself, if I lied about it..this is for my own benefit, no good if not 100% honest
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    What's the point of lying? It defeats the point of the whole thing, doesn't it?

I agree with this. If I have a day where I didn't record 100%, I won't click completed at the bottom of the page. Sometimes I just make food notes if I'm not going to record certain things so I still know what I ate that day. In the end, though, I would be lying to myself too which, as this quote states, defeats the purpose of me being here.
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You guys ROCK! This morning, I was noticing some friends not recording stuff from the weekend and wondering how common that is and whether the fact that people might be watching would cause them to be reluctant. I'm glad to see how many people record everything. I know I do! ;c)
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I record every thing, if I don't the only person I am cheating is me. And my diary is wide open. Dadadaa
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't always log on the weekend. But I don't lie about what I eat, because my diary is closed. It's there for me. I either get results or I don't.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I'm not recording my food for anyone but me. I even stopped clicking on the "Complete this entry" button because I don't need the status update on my newsfeed telling everyone I was "under my goal" for today. Not really anyone's business but mine. My diary is open to my friends and they are welcome to look if they want, I just don't find it very interesting unless something comes up.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Nope, I log it all.. The good, bad and sometimes ugly. By not logging the only person I'm cheating is myself. I don't close my diary at the end of the day but my food intake is there for all eyes to see. It's not perfect but it's mine and it's working for me.
  • Francesca3434
    Options
    nope, you only cheat yourself- other people might read it but its your record of what you're eating
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Hell no! If I don't log everything, I'm just cheating myself! If anyone's particularly worried about how other's viewing their diary will effect their logging, they can make their diary private. If anyone balks, just tell them it's none of their business! :)

:drinker: QFT
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I log what I eat but it's a personal decision not to show my tracking. Sometimes I go over my calories sometimes I don't...as long as I know what I did and what I didn't do because it's going to show up on my scale and not yours. So why lie about it...!!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I lie about everything.

<
    I don't even know who this lady is. I actually have a penis.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I lie about everything.

<
    I don't even know who this lady is. I actually have a penis.

Thank you for sharing.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I keep my diary private. I don't care if they know what I eat. If what I eat in my life has that much of a negative impact on their life, then there's the delete button
    >. I don't care what they eat, they don't care what I eat. I've got bigger fish to fry.....mmmm, fried fish. That sounds good.
  • deegee44
    deegee44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I record every morsel that passes my lips, if I don't, I am only fooling myself, there would be no point in using MFP. MFP friends encourage you when you are doing well and when you are not doing so well. So...why would you lie???:smile:
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    No, why lie? Like they even open your diary, ya know, they just say "nice job" etc
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Nope. If they give me *kitten* for drinking wine or eating something bad I don't consider them friends anymore.