Do you lie to your MFP friends about what you eat?

Options

Replies

• curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If I bite it, I write it
  • NaughtyForties
    Options
    I log the lot, I'm not bothered if I get an ear full.

As long as I stay under my target number for the week I don't worry about it. In the event I go over my target one day because I've had a few beers or whatever, I log those too.

Why? Because I can see where my weakness lies and try to do something about it over time. My goals are low, lose 1lb per week so that affords me the odd pleasure when I fancy it.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have my diary locked. I find there is a lot of judgement on here regarding what we eat. I want friends to celebrate my success with - If i am having an issue with my diet, i will seek the advice of a professional, not the wannabe professionals here on MFP.

I only have my diary open to friends on MFP. I agree with there occasionally being judgement in the world at large (MFP and everywhere else!). I posted a response to a question the other day and mixed up terminology and got blasted. So I'm going to be a little more cautious in the future. But for the friends I have one here, I'm an open book.
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I record it all. Check out my diary, it's full of my sweet indulgences.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    No, that'd be weird.
  • jehuster
    jehuster Posts: 168
    Options
    What's the point of lying? It defeats the point of the whole thing, doesn't it?

^^^^^This^^^^^ and you only hurt yourself by being dishonest with your food diary. :drinker:
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Haha, I record it all. :D The only person who's allowed to judge me is myself. And I tend to let myself go overboard if I let myself conveniently forget what I've done wrong. ;)
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Never. Even if I eat like complete crap in a day. No point in lying.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I don't log food for my MFP friends, I do it for me so why would I lie to myself? The FEW times I sort of err 'adjust the numbers' if you will is if I accidentally skipped a snack time and ate something extra at a meal to compensate - rather than adding it all under 1 meal I add it as the snack it was intended to be. So I SUPPOSE you could construe that as lying, though I don't lie about portions, food, etc. just about when I eat it if you wanna call that lying. But again. I don't log for my friends, I do it for me :)
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If it's going in my stomach, it's getting logged........NO EXCUSES!!
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i don't lie...i just record it all including good/bad foods... =)
  • jekissa729
    Options
    I record everything!! Some days I go over, some days I don't.
  • Sptwoman
    Sptwoman Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I only recently made my diary available to friends. Doing so has given a little boost. I definitely put everything in the diary. I don't see any reason to do otherwise. This is my record of adherence and performance. I need the record to help me when I review previous weeks to get pointers on my successes.
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I record everything, good or bad..Why lie? You are only cheating yourself if you do..
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I record everything! :drinker:
  • morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    I am totally truthful of everything I eat....... why lie? I am trying to get healthy and fit for myself... not for my friends on here...... and I know my food choices are not perfect... but I am trying........
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    considering my last status i just posted was about all the candies, chocolates, and thanksgiving dinner +pie and ice cream im about to eat...NOPE!!

why lie?

who cares, i'm only human
  • moraldd
    moraldd Posts: 99
    Options
    I log everything, even the stuff that I'm embarrassed about. That way I think twice about what I eat. Hopefully it will eventually prevent me from eating so much crap and start making better choices that I'd be proud to have everyone see.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I try to record everything, though I gotta bad habit of not quite covering anything during my 'cheat days'. Should start doing that too. ANYWAYS, as I said, try to get everything. If i can't be 100% accurate, I round up to the highest number, and keep myself on the cautionary side ... while still enjoying something good on the side.

Eatin's too good to spoil it on avoiding the good stuf.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I used to be embarrassed about how much alcohol I drank because I am an alcoholic, now that I'm sober I'm honest about everything but even when I wad drinking every night I used the quick add feature. Lying to your friends is lying to yourself. If I have a really bad day I might just make it so it's doesn't show up on the feed but my friends are all supportive we're in this together we all have bad days.