Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• soulfulsally
    Options
    Today, I decided to see if I could still run a 10 minute mile--that's where I left off in my speed work. Well, it wasn't pretty, but I did it! Also, when I weighed in I was FINALLY down below my lowest recorded weight!!!! :bigsmile: Only by a pound, but considering it's been almost 2 months since I've been able to record a loss, I was really happy!!!

That is marvelous about the speed and the loss!!! Time to celebrate! :drinker: (green tea, of course :wink:)
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Today, I decided to see if I could still run a 10 minute mile--that's where I left off in my speed work. Well, it wasn't pretty, but I did it! Also, when I weighed in I was FINALLY down below my lowest recorded weight!!!! :bigsmile: Only by a pound, but considering it's been almost 2 months since I've been able to record a loss, I was really happy!!!

That is marvelous about the speed and the loss!!! Time to celebrate! :drinker: (green tea, of course :wink:)

That is great news!

We celebrate with water. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • deltalbarbie
    Options
    Bump for later
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I am going to start helping make "pillowcase dresses" for little girls in Ethiopia. Can't wait, I am excited I finally have something to contribute to the mission field that I can actually do.

oh, that's so cool. i love pillowcase dresses too. they're so cute.
    @toots--sorry you got DQed--that stinks that the rules weren't clear. :grumble: And I can totally see you as Velma!

it was my favorite costume ever. i wish i could wear it. oh, well. the day will come again lol. yeah, it did suck. hopefully next year they'll make it clearer.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    Toots - sorry your not in the writing contest any more. Darn it! That's a shame -especially to be complimented on your work as they reject you too!

yeah, i had another judge contact me and tell me how mad she was and how well i'd been doing before they DQ'd me. that i'd been very high in the rankings. oh well. like i said, i guess i should work on my reading comprehension next :laugh:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Toots - sorry your not in the writing contest any more. Darn it! That's a shame -especially to be complimented on your work as they reject you too!

yeah, i had another judge contact me and tell me how mad she was and how well i'd been doing before they DQ'd me. that i'd been very high in the rankings. oh well. like i said, i guess i should work on my reading comprehension next :laugh:

And maybe they should have someone to contact with questions when the instructions are not crystal clear.

<sorry>
    :sad: :sad:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- WOOT WOOT WOOT- Way to GO on both the 10 minute mile and losing that stubborn pound. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Chris-sounds like a great day.

Tina- Great victory with the clothes. It is fun to shop with friends. I also avoided for a long time. Now, every time I go into a store I find myself checking out the fashions and wondering if I can wear that outfit.

Toots- Sorry about you being DQ from the competition. I bet it was a great story at least the person gave you some feedback about it.

Check in-- The past week has been extremely busy but I finally found the time to slow down this weekend. Tonight I feel much more relaxed and can enjoy the time catching up with everyone. My weight still has not moved but I am okay with it. I have been eating to many treats lately in response to the stress of my job. I know I need to change that habit and give up the sweets. I do well with the main meals but the snacks are my problem area. I just need to make better choices and selections.

New goals for this week
    Saturday Bike ride 12 miles open trails DONE
    Sunday- gym or swim weather dependent GYM- 6 miles completed
    Monday- Trainer Done- 1200 M row plus additional exercises
    Tuesday-Rest ?
    Wednesday- Frisbee Golf
    Thursday- Rest
    Friday-Rock Climbing
    Saturday- Harvest Festival will be lots of walking that day.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Monday check in...

I'm looking through my food tracker and realize I need to start planning my day's food intake ahead of time. It's so easy to go over MFP's recommended calories while not feeling like I'm eating too much. Heck, my stomach is sometimes growling at bedtime. But the numbers don't lie and with my weight not budging, I need to be as diligent as possible. Time for a new strategy!
    I often track what I plan to eat so I know how big a serving I can have and what I can eat. Its easy to track food, and change the amounts or just delete something if you don't actually eat it.
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In:

Been a busy day today. We had a half day with students and then I spent the rest of the afternoon in meetings. Thankfully they let the Math department go early so I was able to run and do my grocery shopping and get some dinner cooked, laundry done, and am now straightening up the house. I'm hoping to get downstairs and clean out my car and then work on grades. It's going to be a long night, but it needs to get done.

I am WAY over on my calories today, but it has been an off weekend for me too. I'm going to get back on track first thing in the morning. I need to get back to running too because my 10k is less than a month away! I'm thinking about signing up for the Biggest Loser 5k the weekend before my 10K for practice. Does anyone think that will hurt me? I'm just trying really hard to get in as much practice as I can. :)

Hope everyone has had a great day today! I'll try to check in later and catch up. Oh and thank you to all of you that responded about my sister and the bullying thing. @Robin- I hope it makes them think next time as well. I hope my words and the words of my bf will forever ring with them. It might stop someone else from getting hurt.

I'll check in later.

~ Jana
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I hope you are all doing well. It has been a quiet monday in my house which totally works for me. I had my weekly weigh in this morning and to my utter amazement I was down 1.4 pounds. I honestly expected a gain as I had been skating at just over almost all week. I am going to finally get my measurements tomorrow. I know it is stupid but my husband isnt going to be home and I dont want anyone here to know what they are. Congrats Skinny on the loss. It is always special sweet after going for a while without one. I also had to say to Aug that I loved your comment about the bug and windhsield, that was great. I have to give props to the family that had my little puppy before we got him. While he is very excitable he is super well trained. He sits on the furniture and cuddles with us but at meal time he gts down and doesnt try to come back up until we put down our plates. He also definitley knows walk and bye bye. It is so funny to watch him completley spaz out when those words come into play.:drinker: Well heres a toast to a good week for all of us.:drinker: May we all be healthy and pain free and able to resist temptation.:tongue:
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Had an off weekend and today was not good. I am feeling under the weather and stressed out. Keeping my great grandbaby this week and she is 2 years old and a handful. I love her so much, but I am exhausted. Eatng too many carbs. My hubby watched her while I went to water aerobics today.

The lady who is usually nasty to me was not nice today. I was very groggy went I went in so I got by the wall which is the slow lane. We were backing up and I got in the way of the person in front on me. I just couldnt move fast enough. I apologized and told her I was very alert yet and she was ok with that. The nasty lady pulled her over and whispered something in her ear and looked my way.

I didnt really let it bother me because I am just too old for those games. I determined if she said anything nasty to me, I was going to smile at her and say "Do you have to work at being mean, or does it just come natural. I;m curious.

Well her conduct backfired on her, because apparently several people heard what she said to the other person (I didnt) and came over to me, patted me on the shoulder, welcomed me to the class and very generally very nice and accepting. Proves that most people don't like a bully.

I have to take time tomorrow to plan my menu more. I am picking up the cushions for my rattan set for my sunroom tomorrow. They will make such a difference in the room. I had the bottom cushions covered last month and the top cushions this month. Eager to see how they look.

jtconst - Congrats on the weight loss. That is so great

To everyone else, I appreciate your posts and want to cheer you on with your weight loss.

I am exhausted and heading to bed.

My weigh in is on Wednesday
  • Geni_B
    Geni_B Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is my first time posting on MFP and I just joined this group. My weight loss journey began in January, but I joined MFP in September. I started off at 325.6 lb. and now am at 289.

Mon - recovering from not feeling well on Sunday, but still managed my calories and got in a walk, slower than usual but still done

Tues - I have a short term goal, in another 9 lb. I am trying on a smaller pant size that is sitting here waiting for me. My long term goal involves losing 108 lb. so that my husband and I can go skydiving together. Why that amount? We have committed to putting $5 a lb. lost into a jar to pay for the excursion.

Wed - that I didn't struggle so much with unhealthy snacking

Thurs - I have a candy bar in my purse since last Friday just waiting for a time when I really want to have it

Fri - During this season, I walk at 35 minutes per day, 5 to 6x per week

Sat - I enjoy my walks every day, I have my ipod (with either podcasts on Fitness or my walk with God or uplifting music) and my dog to keep me company. It feels weird not to go for a walk any more, like I am missing something. Great way to start off my day!

Sun - My journey is closer to losing 190 lbs. in total. My first goal was to lose 35 lb. before our daughter got married in June, I accomplished this and then gained 7.8 lbs. back over the summer. I joined MFP in September and have lost 6.8 lbs. as of my last weigh in (Thursdays for me). Summer was too loosy goosey for me, my exercise waivered. I like the routine of the rest of the year. I homeschool our youngest daughter and work part time at a library so getting up and exercising before school starts at a set time works well for me. Will need to figure something out for next summer so I don't fall into the same routine I did this summer. I am open to suggestions.

Well, what worked best for me since I have sturggled with weight my whole life loosing just to gain it back again, this time I set 10 lb. goals for myelf after I lost ten lbs. I would set the next ten lb. goal. That made it doable. and I set time limit goals too I would give myself one month to get the next ten lbs off. I learned that fruit smoothies are my best friend I found that by adding fresh spinish or fresh broccoli in with the fruit made it more nourishing and filling and I supstituted the smoothie for my last meal of the day. And I do 20minutes of stair step or arobics three times a week which is doable if not and If I can't get in twenty minutes I just do ten. So far I am down 65 lbs. five lbs from my goal weight and then maintain, this site has helped me a lot to keep on top of my goals and also reading other peoples experiences and tips also helps keep me motivated. I had lost most of my weight before I found this site but it helps to stay motivated. I hope this helps.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

@Kaye--I try to track all my meals everything I eat or drink so I can keep track on where I am at. I have start preentering at the beginning of the day. Seems to be working.

@Robin hope you start feeling better soon.

@Christine --yay sounds like a good day!! Congrats

@Karen awesome

@Big aug funny!!!
    @kjefferies--hope you feel better soon.

@jconst--Congrats on the weight loss

@Toots sorry things work out.

@Laurie-- isn't it nice to have a relaxing weekend. Lets you recharge your battery abit.

@skinny-- awesome on the weight loss!

Today is my last day off so today was about getting ready for the work week. Finish up the housework. really lovely weather took Bella out for a walk today.

I know I am missing some sorry hope you all have a nice Tuesday

Liz
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    @christine -- so glad you were able to have a fun day out with the family!!
    @robin -- glad you had a fun weekend with your best bud, hope your arms start working soon!
    @skinnyjeanz -- wow! a 10-minute mile! (i can only imagine...) and yay that the stubborn scale started moving again!
    @liz -- great job approaching a huge milestone!
    @jana -- i'm not a runner but my dad is and he often uses shorter races as training runs for longer races. as long as you go at an easy pace, i think you should be fine... good luck with both!
    @kjeffries -- sounds like you've come up with the perfect comeback! and hopefully your classmates will stick up for you too! what a miserable woman!

Monday check-in: Writing this from work, I am feeling a bit jealous of everyone who posted about their three-day weekends, sigh. I somehow lost another 3 pounds this week, which is amazing, because I was over on calories several times. I think it's residual from my hike (I had expected that to put me down 10, as it has in years past, but the immediate result was only five). I'm at 10-down now from before the hike. And I better start moving again and eating right if I want to continue seeing results - but this is a wonderful motivator!!!!
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well, CRUD! I didn't have time today to go join the fitness club. I had a meeting after school that lasted until 5-ish then had to get my puppy to the vet for vaccinations. I did take both dogs on a walk. Tomorrow is a new day, and I WILL make it to the gym tomorrow!

@Robin ~ Our puppy's name is Luna. We have an 11 year old Shih Tzu named Veronica. Veronica is beginning to tolerate Luna.
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    sounds like quite a weekend of extremes, we had the good, the bad, the ugly and the horrible of society to interact with. For those who got stuck with the fuzzy end of the lollipop, I'm sorry. Few things are more damaging than thoughtless cruel words- especially when spoken by idiots. For those who had a great weekend, hooray! We need to remember and save those moments for when we end up with a turn in yucky land.

I have decided I need to wrote all my plans in pencil and get lots of erasers. Now that the weather is changing it is getting harder to haul myself out of bed at 4:45 to go and run. So now its looking like I will still get up early- just not quite and work on some of the "house chores" and things so that on Tues & Thurs when Hannah is in preschool I can go and run in the morning but after it has warmed up a little. I would rather go to the grocery store at 6am so that I can run when its 50 and not 35 out. Of course I haven't actually implemented this plan yet- there is lies my biggest challenge. I am an excellent planner and scheduler but I pretty much suck at the whole follow through part of it. Halloween Hustle is the 27th, I found a cute pumpkin shirt to wear over my long sleeved black shirt, debating whether to buy some sort of silly skirt to wear over my running pants.

@ Jana- I think it was you, I would go ahead and do the 5K, it would be a good warm up for your 10K, and a nice way to start your taper.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • ohpampered1
    ohpampered1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @trhjrh06- It sounds like you had a great day of shopping with your friend and to fit into regular's! WTG

@2s_lr- I Hope things are ok with your job.

@skinnyjean- It's sounds like you had a great three day weekend!

@Robin I'm glad your going to the Doctor's tomorrow, I hope they can help you with your arm and the pain, you will be in my thoughts.
    @monarchris- I'm so prod of you 56lbs! You are truly an inspiration.

@Kjeffries - No one likes a bully, keep going and play with the nice kids. :bigsmile:

Monday check in- I too had a three day weekend, but I can't wait to go to work tomorrow, I feel like I have more energy for the days I work and I eat better. Have a great night/day everyone.
  • tootsanderson
    Options

And maybe they should have someone to contact with questions when the instructions are not crystal clear.

<sorry>
    :sad: :sad:

probably. it's really all good though. the prize was just that they pay your entrance fee into ANOTHER contest :laugh: really i was most interested in knowing what the response to this particular book would be. and now i've had a few confirmations that it's positive so i'm going to start querying once i hear back from the agent that already has it. so that's a good enough reward for me. :)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    b...u....m....p....and nitey nite
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there still participating in the Halloween Challenge?

GrammyWhammy- I've fallen faaaar behind on the halloween challenge and it makes me sad. There's no way I can actually hit my goal as much dance time as I've missed- but I'm gonna get in as much as I can.
    @Raven--Thank you for sharing your pot pie recipe. Sounds good I may try it.

Lizmil79- It was my pleasure :) I love cooking and sharing stuff like that. If you do try it, please let me know what you think.

Sunday Share: Well, last week was kind of an up and down type week. I won't go into detail there but I will say it's getting cooler here earlier than normal which makes me incredibly happy! I love the colder weather- just the crispness and the clean smelling air... and the smell of people burning fires in the fireplace! It makes me excited.

Monday Checkin: Not so much to report here except my measurements. Some have gone up a little (bummer) and some have gone down.

Measurements:

Waist 47.0
    Hips 53.5
    Chest 47.5
    Arms 18.5
    Tummy 54.0
    Thigh 30.5
    Calf 20.5