I got my flu shot today. What about you?

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The b/f gets us both flu shots every year. Insurance pays for his and he pays for mine. Never had any reaction or side effects.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

Or maybe there's something in the flu shot that's making them sick. To me, there's just way too big of a concidence that people who never had the flu or gotten that sick before all of a sudden get the flu or get really sick after getting the flu shot. Just seems really fishy to me.
    Conspiracy theories, I love it. What would be the possible benefit of a manufacturer making people sick with a flu shot? None.

Ahh so by implying something in the shot makes some people violently ill automatically means it is a aluminum foil hat conspiracy to inconvenience the public. OK!

Get the shot, or don't - I don't care. But I hate 'bad science' (in the public's perception, that is) and there is SO MUCH bad science perception surrounding flu vaccines. Yes, there is a very small minority of people who have allergic or other reactions to vaccines and cannot (and should not) get them - all the more reason for people who CAN to do so (i.e. herd immunity). There is nothing "fishy" to be deduced that the vaccine manufacturers or the CDC (as someone in another post wrote) benefit from making the public sick via lying about a vaccine. You can NOT get influenza from an influenza vaccine shot. Period.
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got the flu shot for the past two years and have done fine, and this year I got it and got pretty durn sick. Don't know if I was already coming down with something or it was the shot. But I will get it again next year. I wonder how much worse I would have been if it was the flu the shot was for. ?
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Getting mine on Monday when they're available for staff at my hospital.
  • cakelady69
    Options
    Ever since I had the choice not to get the flu shot, I haven't.

I will never get the flu shot ever again in my life.

This is me also. Just my opinion. But my children and myself do not get the shot.
  • jalawil
    Options
    As a registered nurse, I hear this often. You cannot get the flu from the flu shot, it is impossible. But it is possible from the nasal spray. You were probably already exposed. I wrote an article on this subject just this past week. You can find it here: www.familyfunandyum.com/flu
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    has it already been discussed in sufficient detail in this thread, how long it takes for the body to actually start producing the flu antibodies after a shot? if the flu is already around, it's too late ))
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Afriad to get one. Vaccine is egg based. Used to be allergic to eggs.
  • Damion72
    Damion72 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Army. So, I have no choice. Will be getting my shot this weekend, like it or not.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in getting flu shots. Our bodies are meant to fight off diseases on it's own, not to have some chemical put inside us to do the job. Sure, I hate being sick, but I'm sure the old timers did too and they never got a flu shot! Just my own personal belief.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Me and hubby are booked in at 5.50pm this evening LOL
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    NEVER. I'm not anti-vax, but the flu shot is definitely one my family and I skip.
  • shelli1982
    Options
    Yes sir, I got mine a month ago. And i'll give one to anyone who wants to come and see me at the Pharmacy!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    The only time in my adult life I got a flu shot was the only time in my adult life I got the flu (three weeks later).

A doctor tried to scare me that healthy people my age (29) die from the flu every year and so I need to get one. She's not my doctor anymore.
  • shelli1982
    Options
    has it already been discussed in sufficient detail in this thread, how long it takes for the body to actually start producing the flu antibodies after a shot? if the flu is already around, it's too late ))

2 weeks. Good point.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Nope very allergic to it! Start with bright pink rash all over my cheeks and then it goes down onto my torso. And itches like no other. That's not the worst. Can't breathe right either! So no flu shots for me.
  • JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Vaccines are the absolute worst thing you could do to your body...EVER!

Dr. Sherry Tenpenny has done AMAZING research and has exposed the entire industry. I recommend that everybody who is considering getting this dose of poison injected into their bodies give due diligence to becoming informed...please.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I've had the flu shot in the past few years and then had it last year--around this time. Several hours after the shot, I felt sick..I had a fever, I had body aches all over..It took like 2-4 hours for me to feel better after taking over the counter pain killers and 2 hot baths. It was painful, and at this time I don't feel like I need another one. I hardly ever get the flu..maybe once every 10 years. I get more colds and bronchitis. I have take the phemonia shot, that one was more in my favor when my doctor suggested it.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting mine as soon as this cold clears up...I have a compromised immune system and over the past 12 years it's really helped.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Nope...I never get sick...really I BS you not.