I got my flu shot today. What about you?

Options

Replies

• rrrbecca11
    Options
    Never had one, never will. Also haven't had the flu since....er....I don't even remember. Many many years ago. My eating/lifestyle/exercise habits are plenty enough to keep me healthy and ward off diseases, apparently. :flowerforyou:
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    NEVERRRRR!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i don' get one. neither do my kids.
    i love getting sick, but rarely do.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i have never gotten a flu shot and never will..i have had the flu once in my life which was a few years ago...the way i see it, until its 100% coverage and guaranteed you won't get the flu when getting a flu shot then i will not be getting one..you can still get the flu if you get a flu shot....there are so many different strains of it...so why bother. My husband is the same way, our 10 yr old son, we leave it up to him........last year he got his first ever flu shot...and came down with the flu 2 days later.......this year he decided to try the nasal mist one and no side effects from that one.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Nope I dont ever get them and I dont ever get sick... knock on wood.
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmbmb96x6Cw

^Love this.

No shot for me.
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Vaccines are the absolute worst thing you could do to your body...EVER!

Dr. Sherry Tenpenny has done AMAZING research and has exposed the entire industry. I recommend that everybody who is considering getting this dose of poison injected into their bodies give due diligence to becoming informed...please.
    EXACTLY!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Nope. not interested.

I know people say the shot wont make you sick. I guess it was just a coincidence that the first and only time I received a flu shot, I also came down with the flu so badly I needed IV fluids and symptoms still lasted nearly 2 weeks
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    had mine about 3 weeks ago now :bigsmile: i'm a good girl :wink:
  • tikafly
    Options

I know people say the shot wont make you sick. I guess it was just a coincidence that the first and only time I received a flu shot, I also came down with the flu so badly I needed IV fluids and symptoms still lasted nearly 2 weeks

Vaccine injections are designed to create an immune response. This makes you more susceptible to viruses and other ickies floating about in your environment.

Focusing on staying healthy is a better approach.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have a few times and those years I got more sick than ever. I also had the HPV vaccine when I was a teen and got HPV. Guess who has to have a procedure to remove pre-cancerous cells removed from her cervix in 2 days? This girl.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in getting flu shots. Our bodies are meant to fight off diseases on it's own, not to have some chemical put inside us to do the job. Sure, I hate being sick, but I'm sure the old timers did too and they never got a flu shot! Just my own personal belief.

Maybe you should ask the 50 million old timers who died in the 1918 spanish flu pandemic how they feel about flu shots. Oh wait...
  • tikafly
    Options

Maybe you should ask the 50 million old timers who died in the 1918 spanish flu pandemic how they feel about flu shots. Oh wait...

Bacterial pneumonia is what contributed to most of the deaths of the 1918 influenza. Today, most of those deaths could be prevented with antibiotics.
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I refuse to immunize myself, eat good food, live a healthy life & your body will thank you. One year I got the shot per my bosses request & I ended up sicker than a dog that year.... Out of the last 10 years the 1 time I got the flu was that year.... never again!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    HELL NO
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Nope, and don't plan to. I've never had a flu shot. I'm not in an at-risk group, and only get sick every couple years anyway.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I never get the flu shot and I almost never get the flu (I can't remember the last time I had it). I was just at the doctor's Friday and they asked if I wanted one but I said no, I hate needles and I don't see a point in risking getting it from the shot anyways. I go to a University too and I was a cashier for a few years and I also worked at a daycare for 6 months (and little ones are always sick). I think all of that (especially handling so much money) might have helped my immunity but who knows for sure, and I'm still young which helps too I think.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Anti-Vax household here.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The flu shot is a scam.