Why are people on these forums so mean?

Replies

• Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    I only get nasty with people if :

1. They post about stupidity like Hgc diets which any person with half a brain knows is unsafe

or

2. Post something that has been over and over a million times and if they learned how to use the search function, they would find the answer...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I am never mean to anyone, but this sight is meant to help people say on track
    and for information.
    The part I do no like is when people lie!
    Burning 400 to 500 calories a day and then going 3 weeks only losing 1 pound!
    They say they are only eating 1300 calories, NO WAY!
    The math does not add up!
    Be HONEST with yourself

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lol sorry it always cracks me up when people think that your body follows mathematical rules!!! gigglesnort

I havent lost any weight in two years and Im active all the time and eat gorgeous 80% of the time... I must be a horrible no good terrible lying witch who is only here to mislead others by pretending to exercise.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Because we're all eating like 1200 calories, starving, trying to compare ourselves to other thinner people on this site and it makes us all a tad bit stabby.
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    people get cranky when theyre hungry

LoL! Fact!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    why are your eyes so big
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    100% agreed...
    Its upsetting and sad...
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    hatersgonnahare.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Wait, someone who's got "kkk" in their name is asking why we're so mean?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    I am never mean to anyone, but this sight is meant to help people say on track
    and for information.
    The part I do no like is when people lie!
    Burning 400 to 500 calories a day and then going 3 weeks only losing 1 pound!
    They say they are only eating 1300 calories, NO WAY!
    The math does not add up!
    Be HONEST with yourself

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lol sorry it always cracks me up when people think that your body follows mathematical rules!!! gigglesnort

I havent lost any weight in two years and Im active all the time and eat gorgeous 80% of the time... I must be a horrible no good terrible lying witch who is only here to mislead others by pretending to exercise.

I knew you were too good to be true! :tongue:
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Voicing ones opinion is not hate. If you can't handle someone having an opinion that differs from yours then you shouldn't post to a public forum.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    people get cranky when theyre hungry

LOL!

I do agree though everyone is differnet and we should all be helping and supporting each other here on MFP.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    I agree with everything you just said. There is no more for me to say.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    There are some for sure. They are sometimes trying to impress at the expense of the OP. but for the most part people here are helpful. Find support by building a supportive network and maybe not by posting to the Internet community at large. You can always search for a topic and see past threads as well.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    IMO they are probably are just regurgitating the hurtful things that were done to them as teens/children. I don't get upset with them, I just feel incredibly sorry for them.
    i like you...and i think you may be right. i am totally not going to let myself say all the things that i really want to say because then i would be a hypocrite. but i am going to say that reading certain threads in this forum have caused me to go to bed feeling
    down. But like a dog to its vomit i keep coming back for more.

THIS THREAD WAS 2 MONTHS OLD! WHY DID YOU BRING IT BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! FFS!!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    IMO they are probably are just regurgitating the hurtful things that were done to them as teens/children. I don't get upset with them, I just feel incredibly sorry for them.
    i like you...and i think you may be right. i am totally not going to let myself say all the things that i really want to say because then i would be a hypocrite. but i am going to say that reading certain threads in this forum have caused me to go to bed feeling

why are you screaming.
  • People are mean period.
  • Kimmerz020202
    Kimmerz020202 Posts: 18 Member
    I agree with you. Being nasty doesn't do anybody any good. We are all in this together.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    This is a fitness site. Aimed at losing weight and becoming healthier. Everyone is different. Why judge people so harshly? It seems that most people are in their own bubbles. If something is said that is outside someone's bubble. BAM! Hate comments. I don't understand. We are here to support each other! Has anyone noticed this? Am I the only one that feels really sad when someone is completely disrespected in the forums, even if I don't agree with what they are saying? Please try to be more understanding.
    All this talk about eating under BMR, eating back exercise calories, eating less than 1200. It's fine to argue over it, but most people jump to drastic conclusions and peoples' feelings are really hurt. Everyone is different, so everyone has their own weight loss journey. It doesn't make them a stupid or bad person. And, stop hating on people with EDs. They don't have one on purpose! Whether that have Anorexia, Binge Eating Disorder, or ED-NOS, it's not your place to tell them things that they already tell themselves everyday and that they already hear from other people!
    Sorry for the rant. I'm not sure if many people will read this. Please tell me I'm not alone in thinking that some people should have more respect towards others. Thanks!

They're called keyboard cowards - people that let their true colors show only when there's no risk of them having to actually face the consequences of their actions/opinions/thoughts. I mostly ignore them because they're primarily looking for attention in the form of controversy and by giving them any attention at all you're validating their cowardly ways.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member

why are you screaming.

To go against the grain.
This discussion has been closed.