Tuna Fish: What do you do with it w/o the mayo?????

Options

Replies

• MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I mix my tuna with 1 oz of plain greek yogurt, 1T of sweet relish, and a bit of chopped up apples, tomatoes and red onion. Might sound strange, but it is delicious!
  • lotidah
    Options
    I use mustard as well. Not alot of it though. (but I prefer it to mayo).
  • Aurorakitty
    Options
    Hate mayo so I don't eat a lot of tuna but when I do i usually just mustard, dill relish and curry. Going to try greek yogurt with it.
  • n8smamma
    n8smamma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    chopped artichoke hearts, dash of red pepper, and lemon juice
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    lemon juice, dill, avocado (to substitute for the creaminess of mayo), red onion, pickle!

Or just plain.
  • tlmitchell70
    tlmitchell70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mix in an egg and 1/4 cup of fine bread crumbs onions peppers and fry it with cooking spray. Delsh
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    very little lite mayo with the olive oil in it
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with a spoonful of plain yogurt, and some chopped capers. YUM
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I drain it, put it in a bowl add spicy mustard and eat it like that.. Sometimes i will stuff a bellpepper with it !
  • kaw811
    kaw811 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    1 Tablespoon of canola oil mayo is only 40 calories. Why deprive yourself ?? I mix a can of tuna with 1T of mayo and wrap it in lettuce... Yummy!!

Enjoy!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I mix equal parts of dijon mustard and olive oil.

^^This! Very tasty.
    I also use Cardini's light ceasar dressing (1 to 2 tbsp).
    OR:
    3 tbsp Trader Joe's Simply Sour Cream (or Lilly's light, same calories) and some chopped chive and sacallion.
    OR:
    on Salad, with dried cranberries, shredded carrots, green lettuce, spinach, olive oil and walnuts (if you can eat them)
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I mix it with salsa and a little lime juice and eat it on toast...kind of like ceviche. Delicious!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    They have tuna delights in a pouch with all types of flavors; but I eat mine right out the can! :drinker:
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I just use mayo.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Eat that fish right outta da can!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I use a small amount of fat free mayo (or light) and use mustard and a little sweet pickle juice and a chopped up sweet pickle, a little salt and a lot of pepper - BUT I'm not a big fan of fishy taste - so anyone like that out there?? Mustard really hides the "fishy"
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    eat it out of the can like an inmate
  • bloomingolive
    Options
    I don't know if it's been already suggested (No time to read alll the pages :happy: ), but I drain and sautee beans in a pan, then I add the tuna and eat cold as a salad. Sometime I throw a grain in there for a more filling lunch!
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Try mixing it with low fat natural ranch dressing, mashed kidney beans, and chicken soup mix... it is seriously the best combo ever!! I have it wrapped in butter lettuce leaves with chunky salsa as a 'wrap', and it's amazingly low cal but the high protein in the tuna and beans makes it a very filling meal!