Tuna Fish: What do you do with it w/o the mayo?????

Options

Replies

• Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    put in the trash can......lol! :)

This
  • laura9878
    Options
    Check out Waldens 0 calorie salad dressing and condiments. Great tast for no calories. I think they even have mayo. But I love the ranch in my tuna!! Yum!
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This may have been posted, but a friend of mine taught me to put half of the can on the top of my really big lunch time salad. Mixed baby greens, cucumber, carrot shreds, radish, red onion, mushroom, sprouts, half can of tuna, I tbs low fat Catalina, rice vinegar, no salt salad seasoning. Under 300 cals. I like it :)
  • midnight333
    Options
    Gotta check out all the replys on this. Just changed my profile pic 3 days ago. Open-faced mini gluten-free bread slices with tuna and olive oil mayo on top of an onion slice with sprouts. I don't just eat my food I play with it - Food Is Fun:) :bigsmile: Edit - check out this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/761425-yummy-tuna-snack-meal
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    simple salad:

tuna fish from watter - drained, ripe avocado (it is soft and creamy than and does not need any oil) + tomato ... sometimes I add spring onion but it is not necerary.
  • nhafizamj
    Options
    This topic and all the responds drive me hugryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! :P

I love my tuna with tortilla wraps..some pickels and lot & lot salad.. and some chili too ..
  • wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is a peruvian thing, though not as good since the ingredients are US based :\

canned tuna (preferably white solid)

chop red onions into small squares then add lime (probably about one whole juicy one). salt & pepper.
    let it sit while u open the can tunas (I use one for lunch) and prepare toast (wheat two slices)

add tuna to onions and mix add little oil to tuna (vegetable or whichever ..u can skip it if ur royally afraid of "fat" though it's healthy fat...but won't get into that argument).

Adjust salt pepper and lime juice (usually add half to one more since I like it kinda limey n sour) and a DASH of cumin (over doing this ruins it...I may even skip it if u cant control your seasoning).

mix mix mix and enjoy. it's called "ATUN"
  • cmcuestas
    Options
    replace with avocado, gives the same texture, is delicious and has HEALTHY fat :)
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I use Kraft Mayo w/ Olive Oil, and it's 45 calories for one Tbsp.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    AVOCADO AND SRIRACHA!!!!! GROUND PEPPER!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options

I need to try that with Sriracha! I'm an addict with that sauce!
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later:)
  • Mario61
    Options
    Try mashed Avocado pear and tuna on a wholemeal sandwhich (not toasted) - if absolutely necessary, with a teeny bit of salt and some pepper - full meal of protein, fruit/veg/carbs and good oils - delicious !!

Can also toss the tuna into a salad with a little lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    I mix equal parts of dijon mustard and olive oil.

sounds lovely! light french dressing little bit of diced potato, sweetcorn and peppers!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Pico de gallo mixed with the hickory smoked tuna is my favorite
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Fresh sqeezed lime and fresh ground pepper. I use the tuna packed in olive oil. It's WAY more palatable. Just drain it well!!! I accompany the tuna with a few cherry tomatoes ( again lime, pepper). This is a quick lunch for me. I often just have this or the same using sardines instead but, if I need something more I'll add just a few thin crispy wafer crackers or Swedish wholemeal crisprolls ( count them out to not go overboard! : ) followed by tea with milk. Buon apetito!
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options

DUDE! ITS FANTASTIC!!!!! I JUST CUBE THE AVOCADO UP AND KEEP IT ON THE SIDE AND PUT THE SRIRACHA ON THE TUNA WITH THE BLACK PEPPER. MIX UP THE TUNA AND THEN GRAB SOME AVOCADO FOR A BIT OF A COOL DOWN. :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Love the salsa and Greek yogurt idea. I like the flavoured cans from Aldi x
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options

DUDE! ITS FANTASTIC!!!!! I JUST CUBE THE AVOCADO UP AND KEEP IT ON THE SIDE AND PUT THE SRIRACHA ON THE TUNA WITH THE BLACK PEPPER. MIX UP THE TUNA AND THEN GRAB SOME AVOCADO FOR A BIT OF A COOL DOWN. :)

My husband would love this. Thanks for the idea.
  • GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    bump