Replies

• KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    LOL WTF.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Its called a marketing strategy. Do you know what that is?

It is actually a very effective and successful strategy for PF.

I work very closely with PF and I can tell you this, you wouldn't make fun of PF if you saw their financials.

What the f_ck does that have to do with deadlifts???
    Not "making fun". Simply dislike!
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    What's the big deal about deadlifts that they don't allow them? Is it a liability issue with people lifting too much and literally busting a nut? Or is it PF's fear of grunting and dropping?

I mean... I'm only around 100 pounds on my deadlifts, but I'm not seeing what's so dangerous or distracting about about them vs any other kinds of lifts.

Lifting too much? The PF I checked out only had fixed barbells and they only went up to 90lbs. I guess that would be too much for my 9-year-old to deadlift, but she's not allowed in the gym anyway.

PF is great, for certain values of "great" - you can go there and use the treadmills for 5 years before buying your own is cheaper. If you want to lift weights, then you shouldn't go there - that's not what they're for.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

I work very closely with PF and I can tell you this, you wouldn't make fun of PF if you saw their financials.

really don't think anyone here has mentioned anything about finaces or said that PF is going broke..

My point was that this is exactly what PF's goal was, to keep some people out of their gyms, and its working like a charm for them. So "hardcore lifters" can find it as crazy or funny as they want, its working great for them.
    I don't really get the point of this post anyway.

Because it's a judgement free zone, right?

LMAO.

I bet PF franchisees don't give a s** if you LYAS or not
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Their commercials piss me off too! They stereotype against big guys. Most built guys I know, know a lot about what they do and nutrition + exercise is no joke!
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    Ep8myz.jpg

b666f_ORIG-Bodybuilders_are_Evil.jpg
  • fcp1234
    Options

What the f_ck does that have to do with deadlifts???
    Not "making fun". Simply dislike!

You really dont understand what that has anything to do with dead lifts?

Ok Im gonna try to break it down for you.

Deadlifts are known to be performed by people that are very serious about fitness. Not too many people are very serious about fitness. The typical gym might be a little intimidating for most people that are considering working out, or that have worked out for while but are not into strength training.

PF strategy is to attract these part of the population ( which by the way its way higher than people that do deadlifts). But how can you make them feel less intimidated? Keep the serious lifters out of the gym, so the rest keeps coming in.

Hope this explained it.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

really don't think anyone here has mentioned anything about finaces or said that PF is going broke..

My point was that this is exactly what PF's goal was, to keep some people out of their gyms, and its working like a charm for them. So "hardcore lifters" can find it as crazy or funny as they want, its working great for them.
    I don't really get the point of this post anyway.

Because it's a judgement free zone, right?

LMAO.

I bet PF franchisees don't give a s** if you LYAS or not

What are you, the L. Ron Hubbard of Planet Fitness, or what?
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Based on their business model would it be ok to open a health food chain and not let fat people eat/shop there because it would make the fit people uncomfortable?
  • bigblu89
    bigblu89 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

If you don't like PF, then don't go
    If you do like PF, and it's working for you, then keep going

I agree.

It's no different than Luicelle Roberts being an all female gym. Do I complain? No. I just know it's a gym that doesn't cater to me, so I just move on to the next option.

I have a PF membership, and use them for the treadmill on rainy days when I can't run outside, and I use the circut training machines the 3 weekedays that I don't have my fitness boot camp class.

I don't bother anyone, and no one bothers me.

If you don't like their policies, find a gym better suited for your needs. They were the cheapest option for what I was looking to get out of a gym, so they get my $10 a month.

Once I decide to bulk up, I'll look into a gym with more freeweights.

It's similar to people that complain about "offensive" shows on TV. Don't like them? Turn the channel. Gym doesn't cater to your needs? Go to a different gym.

Simple as that.
  • fcp1234
    Options
    Based on their business model would it be ok to open a health food chain and not let fat people eat/shop there because it would make the fit people uncomfortable?

yes it would be totally ok. Its the same as "no shirt, no service" rule.
    You can have any rule you want for your business, as long as you are not doing anything illegal. Companies are these rules to attract or keep away a specific part of the population.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    NEW RULE: EVERYONE NEEDS TO REVOKE THEIR MEMBERSHIP ONCE THEY REACH A HEALTHY WEIGHT BECAUSE YOU'RE MAKING EVERYONE ELSE FEEL BAD. ALSO EAT THE FREE PIZZA AND BAGELS OR WE'RE PUSHING THE LUNK ALARM
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That's a joke, right?
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Next they will ban my Star Wars T - Shirts!!!!

Def never joining PF
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Next they will ban my Star Wars T - Shirts!!!!

do they say "These aren't the deltoids you're looking for"
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options

Oh trust me, I would still make fun of them... They may be rich, but they are worthless.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

Oh trust me, I would still make fun of them... They may be rich, but they are worthless.

To you maybe, but to a lot of people PF is perfect...
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Ha! I don't even know what a dead lift is. :noway:
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

As are the Kardashians, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.
  • secretlobster
    Options
    Ha! I don't even know what a dead lift is. :noway:

Wanna help me carry a 180lb garbage bag full of "miscellaneous items" into the river?