Is Diet Coke bad for the body?

Options

Replies

• Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    It's not good for you at all. Clearly, we have some soda addicts who think it's perfectly safe, but they're horribly mistaken. With that said, we're all putting something bad into our bodies, so just drink up (in moderation) and enjoy.

Have you considered the possibility that they're correct and you're the one who is misinformed?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Exactly
    What about that old saying "Everything in moderation"?

A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    Thomas Paine
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Exactly
    What about that old saying "Everything in moderation"?

We are all different. Moderation works for some people, but others do better eliminating certain foods altogether. Know thyself.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I say it is....but, that's probably because I had a failure about 30 minutes ago and had a regular Dr Pepper
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i'm a recovering diet coke addict, been clean 3 weeks now :-)
    i have yet to see a massive weight change but i am sleeping better ;-)
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is made from pure unadulterated hatred. If you drink it you will go to Hell.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Oh sweet jesus, yes!!! Soda diet or not is bad all the way around. It can hide fat deep in your bones, muscle mass and over time it can age your heart, kidneys and take a toll on your vascular system. I'm a a diet Pepsi person at heart but when I read what even 1 sode a day can do long term to your body, I limit a soda to maybe once a month a best. I also found when I quit diet sodae, I lost 5 pounds over a month without chaning anything except skipping the soda. My mom was a "Diet Rite" fan for a lot of years and I told her to try skipping the soda, she was amazed at how much lighter she felt.

That's my '2cents'....

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read all day.

Coke is way better than Pepsi!
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    Ima stick to natural ingredients - thank-you-very-much!

Like arsenic. Arsenic Coke!
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke..is bad for at least my 9 year old. But that is because it contains caffeine. Which causes her to have an increase in the number of migraines she has per month.

Im sure as with a lot of things...different things affect different people...differently.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I would think anything that you can use to eat corrosion off of a car battery with wouldn't be good for you to drink.
    The acid in oranges and lemons will also eat corrosion off of a car battery. Same with apples, peaches, coffee, vinegar, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, cranberries, grapes, guava, honey, plums, pomegranates, limes, strawberries, tomatillos, and tomatoes.

I guess all those things wouldn't be good to eat or drink, huh?:huh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I would think anything that you can use to eat corrosion off of a car battery with wouldn't be good for you to drink.
    The acid in oranges and lemons will also eat corrosion off of a car battery. Same with apples, peaches, coffee, vinegar, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, cranberries, grapes, guava, honey, plums, pomegranates, limes, strawberries, tomatillos, and tomatoes.

I guess all those things wouldn't be good to eat or drink, huh?:huh:

Baking soda, too. A common ingredient in... TOOTHPASTE!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I dont think anythign is ruining the world. Im just saying; ingestign things into your body that aren't natural IS not GOOD for you. The opposite good is bad. This inst rocket science.

Please all knowing and powerful OZ tell us what value added benefit we get from ingesting chemicals contained in the likes of Diet Soda.

What Good benefit do our bodies derive from this list below?
    Aspartame

2. Phosphoric Acid

3. Caffeine (synthesized)

4. Acesulfame Potassium

5. Potassium Benzoate

First, if your "source" is Dr. Oz, your argument is thereby invalid. QED.

Did know our body is MADE from CHEMICALS? OMG! Phosphoric acid is found naturally in milk, eggs and plenty of other things. Phosphates form the basis of our DNA. Phosphates are needed to grow crops and sustain life. Diet coke also has SODIUM (about 20 mg, or about 1% of what's in a can of vegetable soup). You can just call those "electrolytes" if you want to be like the energy drink companies. Aspartame is also made up from natural substances that occur in the human bodies. And like many "chemicals" our bodies break it down the minute we digest it.

The National Cancer Institute believes there is no link between aspartame and cancer but you know, go ahead and quote Dr. Oz some more. Love it. You should probably stop drinking water because it's a compound of two elements. Or maybe if you want to stick to "natural" foods go ingest some uranium or cyanide as both are plentiful and naturally occuring. Cyanide is also organic. So enjoy.

Doctor Who...who the F is Dr OZ? I just listed the chemicals found in Diet coke..... And you failed to answer the question...What added value do those extra Non naturally occurring synthesized chemicals bring to you...???

BTW... RJ Reynolds said cigarettes had health benefits and believed it. Is it really that hard to just accept the fact that eating non natural things arent the best for us?

---->>> Im not telling you not too <<<

I eat crap all the time every day. Im just saying its not good for you. And the person Im quoting.... If you jump to another conclusion like that you better wear a parachute. Next time I wont catch you!

35nig1.jpg
  • CarSidDar
    CarSidDar Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For all you people who want to replace your diet coke with water, remember that water is also a chemical H2O. And it is not organic either. It is inorganic. And water will dissolve a lot of things.
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    For all you people who want to replace your diet coke with water, remember that water is also a chemical H2O. And it is not organic either. It is inorganic. And water will dissolve a lot of things.

Plus things live in it which Diet Coke would kill.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Yes, i think so because it contains aspartame, which causes cancer, among othere perservatives, such as carmel coloring.

One side effect of aspartame, is it makes people believe everything they read on the internet, restate it as fact, and not feel compelled to check any actual scientific data.

The most bizarre part of this side effect... they don't even have to ingest it.

loled
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Yes, i think so because it contains aspartame, which causes cancer, among othere perservatives, such as carmel coloring.

One side effect of aspartame, is it makes people believe everything they read on the internet, restate it as fact, and not feel compelled to check any actual scientific data.

The most bizarre part of this side effect... they don't even have to ingest it.

They can't put anything that isn't true on the internet.

Coke Zero drinker here!! Love it!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is made from pure unadulterated hatred. If you drink it you will go to Hell.

II Matthew 2:24: And thou shalt not partake of thy foul diet drinks, for they are forwith and for naught thine healthy ways. Diet coke is made of 6 parts evil, 6 parts vile, and 6 parts aspartame and is forthwith forever known as the anti-soda.
    II Matthew 2:25: Be ye not fooled, thy Coke Zero ain't much bettereth.
    II Matthew 2:26: Take heed and forever heareth, anything Pepsi is a ploy and wily drink of Lucifer, the dreaded beast of the deep.
    II Matthew Chapter 3
    Verse 1: Thou shalt always and forever eat back thy exercise calories, for this is good for the soul, exceptith on cheat days.
  • claudiacarmel
    claudiacarmel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is. soda takes the enamel off of your teeth and eats the lining of your stomach. The artifical sweeteners actually make you crave more sweets and defeats the "diet" effects.
  • djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    all I can say is I quit drinking soda in October of last year. And I have lost 57 pounds since January. And I don't miss it at all.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I dont think anythign is ruining the world. Im just saying; ingestign things into your body that aren't natural IS not GOOD for you. The opposite good is bad. This inst rocket science.

Please all knowing and powerful OZ tell us what value added benefit we get from ingesting chemicals contained in the likes of Diet Soda.

What Good benefit do our bodies derive from this list below?
    Aspartame

2. Phosphoric Acid

3. Caffeine (synthesized)

4. Acesulfame Potassium

5. Potassium Benzoate

First, if your "source" is Dr. Oz, your argument is thereby invalid. QED.

Did know our body is MADE from CHEMICALS? OMG! Phosphoric acid is found naturally in milk, eggs and plenty of other things. Phosphates form the basis of our DNA. Phosphates are needed to grow crops and sustain life. Diet coke also has SODIUM (about 20 mg, or about 1% of what's in a can of vegetable soup). You can just call those "electrolytes" if you want to be like the energy drink companies. Aspartame is also made up from natural substances that occur in the human bodies. And like many "chemicals" our bodies break it down the minute we digest it.

The National Cancer Institute believes there is no link between aspartame and cancer but you know, go ahead and quote Dr. Oz some more. Love it. You should probably stop drinking water because it's a compound of two elements. Or maybe if you want to stick to "natural" foods go ingest some uranium or cyanide as both are plentiful and naturally occuring. Cyanide is also organic. So enjoy.

Actually just watched this episode, and Dr. Oz stated that studies have shown no correlation between aspertame and cancer. Helps to actually investigate fully rather than pick out pieces we like.