Over 200 Club New Year New Body-Part 7

Options
Here it is girls the new thread!! I am glad that each and everyone of us are focusing and staying on track with our weight loss goals even when we know we screw up we just fix it and try to do better next time.I am so proud of each and every one of you ladies.We can do this and we are doing this and we are going to look amazing this time next year or even the end of this year.Things are looking great in 2010 for all of us.Stick with it and you will see results.Love you gals:heart::heart: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Ya, we are doing great thus far! Well wishes to you and all on our journeys to weight loss and better health!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    sorry i have neglected this thread for a while...but my family has been going through some issues. I am back today and here to stay. I have not tracked my calories or anything for that matter in about a week...i have to learn that if my life becomes so hectic...not to neglect the things that matter to me.

today i am in a mind set that requires to track my eating and to get 30 minutes of exercise...

Good luck girls,

i will be back later to check in

before i forget....i notices some new pictures...Nice :)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm justbumping/tagging for later.

My calves are FINALLY starting to forgive me for last TUESDAY! You keep on rockin' that incredible amount of stairs, mstahl. You put me to shame. :smile:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!!

I took the stairs at work this morning, lol trust me I almost backed out of my own challenge! I feel good about it and hope to continue it after this week, its only 1 flight! I hate stairs though they are my nemesis!

checking in for yesterda- 2/21/10
    calories- 833 :grumble:
    water- yes, I think so
    excercise- no, never made it to the gym :explode:
    sodium- 1990
    proud- that I didnt cave into temptation

This was an exceptionally hard weekend for me. Friday we ordered the pizza and I caved (still regreting it), saturday had the baby shower, didnt cave into temptation but it was hard. Sunday had a family get together at my brother's to celebrate the arrival of my niece and I ate some homemade lasagna. Its one of my mom's recipes from Brazil and I know exactly whats in it...not healthy at all. I had a small slice but it still made me feel bad. I recently have felt guilty for eating out of my plan..I fully intend on eating 'normal' food once I am down to an ideal weight but right now as I focus on losing I really want to try to stay focused and not over indulge. I allow my self a treat here and there but then I told my self a gym visit needs to follow, which I didnt get to do this weekend. Maybe thats why I feel bad?!

Anyways, TOM started today and Im super moody and hungry. Tough week ahead, I hope to see some kind of loss inspite of TOM and this weekends antics. Wish me luck!

Today is c25k W3w1...I am so scared! :laugh: :noway:

Talk to u later,

Cris
  • Solandra
    Options
    Checking in for the weekend:
    Friday:
    Calories: over
    Water: Over
    Exercise: walking

Saturday:
    Calories: over
    Water: over
    Exercise: more walking

Sunday:
    Calories: right at it
    Water: Over
    Exercise: mental - we went to Home Depot and planned our raised bed garden

I went in to my profile and did some thoughtful editing, including updating my weight to reflect the 3 bounds that have been bouncing around and not staying off. I've got a new calorie goal, so here's hoping.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    This weekend was a tuff weekend calorie wise for me. Birthday parties and meetings with friends that are in town all weekend. Back on track today. No thanks to TOM coming I gained 2 pounds! GR! I bought a new workout DVD this weekend. The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout! It is AWESOME!!! Very intense but it's a terrific workout! Hope everyone has a fab Monday!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I didn't track my food yesterday or Saturday night - but think I did ok in that department. I did great with exercise - at the Y both days for an hour of step and some weight lifting too on Saturday. AND I added an extra riser for my step on Saturday for part of the time which was really hard and I wore of an additional 300 calories because of it. :happy:

I'm very proud of myself this morning for getting up at 5:10 (which is almost an hour early for me), and going to a new Y to try a new step class - I added the riser again for the whole class because the class was quite a bit easier than the one I'm used to, AND I walked/ran a mile on the treadmill after class because I was worried about it being an easier class - so I actually ended up burning 1300 calories wich is 200-300 more than normal. Woo hoo ... yea for me! :drinker:
    I have a goal now of 420 minutes of exercise - which averages to an hour a day. I was meeting my 300 minute goal most weeks but not losing any weight. So hopefully this will kick my metabolism into gear again. I need to work on what I'm eating too ... but not this week - one thing at a time.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!

Bluenote: Congrats on the seatbelt. That's so awesome!

JLB: Great pics. Your face looks so much thinner...you're beautiful!

Cris: Don't beat yourself up over the pizza because you'll make up for it this week and it will be fine. Good luck with W3D1 of C25k!

Positively: Welcome back! I've missed you!

So this weekend I ate way too many calories but am still down 0.2 lbs. since Friday's weigh in, so I feel good about that. My boyfriend and I explored 7 state parks this weekend and did some snowshoeing. We were all over the lovely state of Minnesota yesterday and had a blast. It's super hard getting back in the swing of the work week, though.

Last night my boyfriend was reflecting on the weekend and mentioned that he can't believe how much we've altered our eating habits compared to before we started the weight loss journey. Substituting salads for french fries has become a natural thing for us...it's amazing.

I also noticed last night that my size 14s are officially WAY TOO BIG! I've been wearing both 12s and 14s lately and the 12s were snug and the 14s were loose, but now the 14s can be pulled off completely while still buttoned and zipped and the 12s get baggy in the butt very quickly now. Looks like it's time to go jean shopping...AGAIN!

Have a great day,
    Heather
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    wow you all have some awesome goals. You inspire me!!!

lstpaul, your exercise always amazes me. Keep it up....

I HOPE to lose weight this week. It is my own fault that I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks. I go back to bad habits on the weekends so the week I am doing good it all averages out and I maintain. I just have to quit making excuses and get serious. I am deciding today that I want to lose weight more than I want my instant gratification (cheese cake this weekend for starters) I am back on track. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!! Like nike says "Just Do IT" I am. I know that I can do this, I have been making excuses since Thanksgiving and that is why my weight is pretty much where it was then. I am NOT discouraged, I am motivated and I am going to move forward and do this.
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I missed a whole thread!! :cry: I have got to get back on the ball! Started logging again today so, things should start getting better. I see everyone is doing such a great job!:drinker: :drinker: I will check in later today.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Go Momma, I can hear the determination in your voice!!! You can do it!!!:smile:

Ok, so I am border line freaking out here about the c25k I have to run today. I keep looking online for tips and advice on how to make it through the week but nothing is making me feel any better about it. I still cant find a podcast that I like so I have gone back to timing it myself which is a pain in the *kitten*. It makes it seem much longer too. Sorry just venting, I'll let you guys know how I do tonight

PS- there is a sit up challenge or something too and I was thinking about doing that on T-Th with the bf...checking into it:bigsmile:

~Cris
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Cris, please do not freak out about your C25K workout. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it each time I moved to a new week, but every time I was like "why was I so worried?" when I finished. Personally, I have never used podcasts and simply watch my treadmill display. Remember that running is mostly a mental game and if you THINK you can do it, you'll be fine. You'll find your rhythm and forget about your legs. Just remember to play some good upbeat music and take a few deep breaths before you start to calm yourself. Try to clear your mind and you'll be able to do it.

What's the worst thing that can happen? You'll have try repeat that particular workout. Big deal! Remind yourself that you're a beginner when it comes to running and this is about doing it for you, at your own speed.

Oh, and let me know what you find out about the situp challenge. I might be interested in that.

Heather
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Chris you can do it!

Heather - 7 different state parks? HOW FUN!

Lisa - nice to see you again!!!

Momma you'll do fine this week :)
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    hey girls. Yesterday and saturday kind of went over for me. I really need to get back on track. Ugh. I hope everyone else is doing better than me.

calories: over by a few hundred.
    Water: Yes
    Exercise: Not really. some walking.

blah! I'm trying to do better today. In other news I finaly got away from the dreadded 246.6 and am now down to 245.4. I hope it stays that way!
  • Solandra
    Options
    At lunch today MDH and I scouted a new walking route for me; it's 1.2 miles, no crazy looking places that look scary for walking after dark or in the early morning hours. I'm going to try that one on for size tonight or in the morning.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    MariSama: Congrats on breaking your 246.6 plateau! Keep up the good work and you'll be completely done with the 240s soon!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Congrats Mari!
    Cris -- Definitely try not to freak yourself out about running. I found I *never* thought I was going to be okay moving on to the next week but I did anyway and I *ALWAYS* suprised myself. Not that it wasn't hard -- it was. I wasn't always able to complete the 1st workout of the next week, but I just stuck with it and pushed myself as hard as possible (I think the first time I tried week 3, I had to run 1.5 minutes, walk 30 sec, and run the last minute of that last 3 minute interval). "They" say that "running is 90% mental and the other half is physicial" (It's a joke -- get it?). Anyway, I don't think the joke is far off. Although I was very challenged physicially the first 5 weeks of C25k, the majority of the time I wanted to quit was for mental reasons. Now, 100% of the time my reason for wanting to quit early is mental. My reason for not always pushing past whatever time I set as my running goal 100% mental. I *could* pretty much always run longer than I actually do. Tonight's a run time for me and I'm going to go faster and longer than ever before. It's totally a mind game for me now and when I feel like I want to quit I start to think about all the reasons I'm doing it and how much I want it and then I kind of mentally kick my butt for a while after that before cycling back through to thinking about how much I want it again. :laugh:

I tried on a pair of size 16 jeans at the store and to my amazement, they fit. :noway: I've been in a size 16 pants for like a month now but for some reason denim is always a different ballgame for me. The fun part of the story is that I didn't buy the jeans because I didn't want to spend money on a pair of pants that would be way too big for me in a couple months. :tongue:

Also, I feel like my digital scale is reading high. Especially now that I went to Walmart & put down a dial scale & stepped on it with my clothes, purse, winter coat, breakfast, lunch, and full bladder and I weighed the same as I did in the buff this morning with an empty bladder. :laugh: Oh well, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised next time I go to the doctor (wouldn't it be nice to find out you weigh 5-10 pounds LESS when you go to the doctor instead of the usual opposite?).
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Well I am feeling good this morning..i was very depressed at the scale this morning...i know i deserved it the way i have been eating and not exercising...up 7 1/2 lbs ouch...i am praying some of that is water weight and will come off...

but i ahve done good today, good breakfast (even though i burnt it :( ), lunch on target, got on the wii at lunch for 30 min..wore my hr and burned 160 cals...was pretty excited since my wii fit board needs batteries so i just played wii sports resort, basketball and cycling..

We have meals planned for the rest of the week and a new $$ budget that does not leave room for eating out every night..

I am going to do this...i had lost 27 lbs(ok 20 as of today) but i can do it again...

Jib - WTG on those size 16 jeans..I don't blame you the way you are melting off lbs.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I am getting so much exercise from my Wii and I love it because it doesn't feel like a workout.I have been on it for like an hour today and I ave worked up a big sweat [playing tennis on Wii Sports.Anyone else love there Wii workouts?I also have Ea Active and I have been running the track on it and I love it as well.I do lunges,stretches,running,kicks,squats,bicep curls,shoulder presses and whole bunch more.I LOVE IT!!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    wow you all have some awesome goals. You inspire me!!!

lstpaul, your exercise always amazes me. Keep it up....

I HOPE to lose weight this week. It is my own fault that I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks. I go back to bad habits on the weekends so the week I am doing good it all averages out and I maintain. I just have to quit making excuses and get serious. I am deciding today that I want to lose weight more than I want my instant gratification (cheese cake this weekend for starters) I am back on track. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!! Like nike says "Just Do IT" I am. I know that I can do this, I have been making excuses since Thanksgiving and that is why my weight is pretty much where it was then. I am NOT discouraged, I am motivated and I am going to move forward and do this.
    You can do this Momma !! What can I do to help? I have the same problem but I decided last week I wasn't going to screw up anymore.I have to meet my 50 pound goal by my birthday so LETS DO IT!!