Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention my favorit TV shows are NCIS, both of them (love Hetty and Ducky), The Middle (for comic relief) and Revenge. I am absolutely hooked on that show. Most of my other TV watching is on HGTV and DIY. I used to be handy at fixing things so like to watch them. Haven't watched Criminal Minds in a while but Reed and Garcia are my favs there. I though I was the only one who remembered David McCullum from Man From UNCLE. Boy did I have a crush on him!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers so far this week – you’re doing great!

@Morgori~Yep that is Denali, I was there in August – absolutely gorgeous!!! I forgot that was “Ducky” in Man from U.N.C.L.E., hardly recognized him.

I guess my big shows are Big Bang Theory, The Biggest Loser, Bones, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Rizzoli & Isles, and Royal Pains. I DVR everything and watch on the weekends though, usually too busy during the week to sit down and watch anything. That, and I find it hard to sit still for very long. I guess my guilty pleasure is Food Network – right now loving Halloween Wars, but love to watch Cupcake Wars and Chopped! :bigsmile:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am trying to catch up on this board but everyone is doing a great job !
    My big shows are
    The Biggest Loser-- It comes back on in January i think and i am so looking forward to that !
    The Bachelor - Bachelorette -- Comes on in January also i think !
    Nashville - Awesome show started last night !
    Dancing with the stars
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth:
    Still dealing with Ms. Inner Brat.
    She still REALLY wants toy food and goodies.
    Argh.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Looks like I missed a TV posting, so I would like to share mine:

The Walking Dead
    American Horror Story

Water tag :drinker : :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Late posting as usual.

Wednesday Wish: My wish goes out to everyone not feeling good, hurting, feeling bummed or discouraged. I hope you all get to feeling better soon! You're all doing really well and you should commend yourself for everything you've done so far. I look up to you guys.

Thursday Truth: My dad's and brother's birthdays are coming up this weekend. The 14th and 15th to be exact and I'm really nervous. Cake and ice cream is usually the norm and it makes me a tad unnerved. I've been doing pretty good for the past while but I'm worried this might derail my weekend.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I watch Big Bang Theory and Rizzoli & Isles. I guess I watch a little too much TV. :blushing: I feel really bad when watching Ducky in The Great Escape when he is at the train station.:sad:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Okay, I admit to watching "The Big Bang Theory" as well.........

Confession is good for the soul.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Lin - you and your Kale chips - I hope they turn out! I am a big fan of The Big Bang, Modern Family, and The Mentalist. But do I have a crush on anybody? Hmmm.......that's a good one. I am a huge fan of his talent, the actor Gary Oldman. When I saw him in Dracula way back when I had a huge crush on him. His body of work is fantastic.
    Speaking of bodys, this talk of body images and fears has been very enlightening and helpful in and introspective way for me. I have been hung up by a size 20 pair of jeans - that was my last purchase and they are wearable as paint. I guess at that point I kinda got sloppy about clothes and started back wearing some baggy 24;s for almost 8 months now. As soon as I feel like shopping again, I am going to bite the bullet and get a pair of jeans that fit! If the feel of my clothes was good, I surely feel better about myself.
    I am afraid of getting "normal sized". I am 230 now. When I weighed 166 in high school, I was called fat, and I felt I was - I had flabby thighs and arms even then, but I was 5-10, how much lower do I have to go???? :sad: The distance is scary and the end result has never been seen. I hope we can work on body image as a project, huh?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

As far as TV shows--I also watch way too much and most of it is trash. I tend to DVR and watch late at night while I'm falling asleep--my insomnia won't let me sleep without TV or a book. In addition to Criminal Minds, I also love NCIS, but I tend to watch both of those shows as reruns on cable, so I'm probably way behind in the storyline. Shows that I actually DVR and watch current episodes include Supernatural, Daily Show, Colbert Report, Burn Notice, Survivor, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Law & Order: SVU, and Jeopardy. I'm quite certain there are many more, but can't think of them right now.

@holly--I also love Walking Dead and can't wait 'til the new season starts on Sunday!!! I missed the premier of American Horror Story and I have this weird thing where I can't watch a show unless I see it from the very beginning.

@lin--good luck with the kale chips. I really liked them when I made some over the summer, but I found they don't "keep" well. I made a big batch and the ones I stored away for later lost their crispness and became very chewy and spongy. :ohwell:

Thursday Truth:
    Guess I'll weigh-in on the body image discussion (no pun intended :laugh: ). I've never been thin--my smallest size is right where I am now 14 (although I've weighed less as an adult)--so it's hard for me to picture myself smaller. At the same time, when I was my heaviest (close to 250) I didn't see myself as that heavy either. I would see a picture of myself and think "ack! that's how I look?!?" and then I would rationalize that I didn't *really* look that bad b/c the camera adds 10 lbs. I now know that, yes, I really did look like that and it wasn't good.

One thing that's strange to me is that right now I think my body image is accurate, but other people keep telling me how "tiny" I look. Sometimes they qualify it by saying "that pair of jeans" or "that outfit makes you look tiny." But mostly it's just "you're so tiny now." Even today, I went down to the faculty cafeteria to get some soup (I didn't bring enough food). The lunch lady said, "I almost didn't recognize you; you've gotten so thin." It makes me think I must have really looked like a cow before and they are just speaking relatively. In reality, I am NOT "tiny" or "so thin"--as I said, I'm a size 14 and weigh 192 lbs (on a "light" day). I know I look better than I did before, but I'm still not at an ideal weight--not even out of the obese category of BMI (but I'm less than 1 lb away!!! :noway: ).
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I don't have cable but I do suscribe to Netflix and Hulu. I never miss anything with Gordon Ramsey. I :heart: :heart: LOVE:heart: :heart: the TV shows Grimm and Once Upon A Time. I watch a lot of biggest loser and Extreme makeover weightloss edition. Kind of a "if they can do it, so can i" feeling.

I used to be addicted to cooking shows but now it just bums me out 'cause I can't cook/eat the stuff.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Christine, you should do stretches early in your workout, but please warm up first or you can injure yourself. For example, if you walk for 20 minutes, after a warm-up stroll of 3-5 minutes, stop and do some simple stretches for a couple of minutes. (Don't do anything extreme like touching your toes! Keep those knees flexed.) Then resume your walk, getting up to your preferred speed. Shortly before you end your walk, do a brief "cool down" for a couple of minutes (stroll), then repeat the stretches you did earlier while your muscles are still "warm." If you need ideas for stretches, let me know or ask others on this site.

Oh, Christine--Congrats on your fabulous loss!!!! Very happy for you.

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents about TV. Most of it is trash (just my biased opinion), but there are a few shows I enjoy. I, too, love Revenge, also Person of Interest, Masterpiece Theater, Jeopardy, and HGTV. Used to watch The Good Wife, Army Wives, the Kathy Bates (?) series, and Drop Dead Diva, but something seems different about them now. My grandchildren can only look at Disney (I like to watch with them) and some cooking shows and they got me interested in Cupcake Wars and that show where the chefs get a basket of seemingly unrelated ingredients and must create a palatable dish. I'd rather read than sleep, but when I run out of material I'll deign to watch oldies like Wind at My Back, The Waltons and that genre. If I'm around to watch daytime TV (rare), I like Marie Osmond's new show and this new one on Hallmark, don't know the name yet, that replaced Martha Stewart (miss you, Martha!)--ummm, the female host is Paige from HGTV. Huh. I think I AM watching too much TV.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Harry's Law was the Kathy Bates series.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    PS. I watch Breaking Amish. It's addicting.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I tend to watch what DH watches, mostly crime drama. We like Jeopardy, too. I have to DVR HGTV, and Dancing with the Stars. He doesn't like them. l do my needlework in the evening while he is watching TV.
    Interesting how varied our interests are.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    One thing that's strange to me is that right now I think my body image is accurate, but other people keep telling me how "tiny" I look. Sometimes they qualify it by saying "that pair of jeans" or "that outfit makes you look tiny." But mostly it's just "you're so tiny now." Even today, I went down to the faculty cafeteria to get some soup (I didn't bring enough food). The lunch lady said, "I almost didn't recognize you; you've gotten so thin." It makes me think I must have really looked like a cow before and they are just speaking relatively. In reality, I am NOT "tiny" or "so thin"--as I said, I'm a size 14 and weigh 192 lbs (on a "light" day). I know I look better than I did before, but I'm still not at an ideal weight--not even out of the obese category of BMI (but I'm less than 1 lb away!!! :noway: ).

Karen~People started to notice after I had lost about 75#; they asked me if I had weight loss surgery or if I was sick and that's what caused the loss. No one knew how hard I worked to get it off, it really annoyed me! :grumble:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    ohpampered- You can teach the kids how to subsitute pumpkin in the cake mix. It replaces the egg, water, and oil and make a healthier cupcake with fewer calories. It is delicious. The FACS (home-economics) teacher taught our middle school students how to make them last year and they are good. You just need to use 1 can of pure pumpkin and your favorite brownie mix. NOT the pie filling. The calories are less than a 100 per cupcake. Have a great birthday and enjoy the celebrations.
    Ingredients
    Libby's - 100% Pure Pumpkin- 15 oz Can, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Betty Crocker - Super Moist - Chocolate Fudge Cake (Mix Only), 1 container (1 package ea.)
    Batter is very thick so I used a small Ice Cream scoop to put into cupcake cups
    350 degrees for 20-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Depends on oven. Mine took 25 min

Grammy- PF is very painful. I have dealt with many episodes over the year. When it starts to flair I start wrapping the foot and stretch it by rolling it on a ball or frozen water ball. It helps the pain go away.

Gertie- Have a happy Birthday.

Truth- I still need to watch the carbs I am eating and stop eating the candy. I like the sweat treats.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Dancing with the Stars.

I saw that show once but I was unimpressed with the dancing. I used to be a big time dancer. And I really liked So You Think You Can Dance for about like five or six seasons. And then the judges just completely, flamingly, cheesed me off, and that's it. The show lost me.
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @Alison - You're right that a trainer is always supposed to push you so it never gets easier but I'm so sore and I have another appointment tomorrow that I'm not looking forward to! And as for running at 5.1 mph, I only do that for 1 minute at a time and then I walk at 3-3.5 mph for another minute. We do this 2-3 times, go lift some weights and then go back to running/walking. Lastly, I just recently bought my first belt because I'm tired of pulling my pants up and I was surprised I could actually find one in my size.

@MyM0wM0w - I'm glad your cat is okay except for a tooth that needs to come out.

@Robin - I hope the prednisone helps your arms. It sucks to be in pain.

@Skinny - If I tried to do planks/ crunches and pushups while watching TV I would basically not be able to pay any attention to the TV.

@Grammy - I had plantar fasciitis that bothered me for years. I tried physical therapy, cortisone shots, orthotics and wearing a boot but nothing helped. Than one day magically it started getting better and now I just make sure I always wear shoes with good arch supports and I hope it never flares up again.

@Tina - I get frustrated, too. I feel the same as I did 54 pounds ago and when I look in the mirror I see the same person I did in January. But I just spent $90 getting several pairs of pants altered because they were loose everywhere and I wonder how long I'll be able to wear them (with or without a belt) before I either have to get them altered again or just go buy new pants. And I've been overweight my entire life so I cannot picture myself thin at all. Otheres notice that I've lost weight but to me I look exactly the same.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your well wishes! I am feeling better today not sure what it was but thank goodness it only lasted 24 hours. Went to work ate but still not my normal hungier but I did push to eat. But I am exhuasted hoping to go to bed early.

@Robin hope this will work for you and will get feeling better.
    @pampered Congrats on the loss!!
    @Lin how is the Kale chips coming?
    @Karen --people are starting to notice now with me.
    @MyMowMow--Glad to hear that your cat is going to be ok.
    @Christine Congrats on loss
    @Gertie Happy Birthday

ok as I was reading everyone's posts kept going i watch that ant that. I watch too much tv.

Besides NCIS both In the Middle, I like Big Bang, Burn Notice, The Daily Show, HGTV lot income property , property brothers, favorites,

Body imagine its hard for me to picture myself thin maybe cause I can only recall as a child being thin so that will be new. I try never to look in a fulll length mirror. Cause I still buy pants without zippers etc in them.

Wishing everyone a good evening.

Liz