Animal Rescuers......

Options

Replies

• Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    GeigerandLilah_zpseac242bb.jpg

This is Lilah with her best friend, Geiger, another adoption.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is Charlie, he adopted us last year within a couple of weeks of us moving to a new home. he just would not take no for an answer.
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    GeigerandLilah_zpseac242bb.jpg

This is Lilah with her best friend, Geiger, another adoption.
    ^^great picture!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my dog named Shadow, I got him before his last owners took him to the pound so he's kind of a rescue dog. He was always keeping them awake so they needed to get rid of him and I took him on and have enjoyed every minute of having him.
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is Lucy, my little pit bull. I sort of rescued her when her first owners (she was only 6wks old at the time) had to get rid of her because they were about to have a special needs baby come home, I dread to think of what her life may have been if they'd given her up to someone else!

She'll be 6 on Monday!

I also volunteer when I can to rescue pittie shelters, since there are so many of them and they suffer such a terrible rap!
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Love my rescue's. Avatar is Mo and he knows how hansome he is. I also have Lulah a super fluffy tuxedo.

I would never "buy" an animal from a breeder or pet store. Shelters are the way to go.
  • WannaBSkinnyBride
    Options
    My dog has been my picture for a while but I LOVE to talk about him! His name is Odin and he's one. We got him from a shelter when he about 4 months old. They had the pregnant mom. She and all of the other puppies had already been adopted out so our little guy was the last one left. He's so funny and so freaking adorable. When he gets going whining he sounds like a goose honking, it's hilarious. He loves cuddes and LOVES kisses (which we're trying to break him of...but he's part lab so our friends say it's not going to happen.

He's a lab mix but we don't know what with. His mom was a lab. He's short and stocky with a pit bull looking face but a curly chow tail so I go with lab/pit/chow.

I'm planning to adopt a greyhound from the local greyhound rescue. They're former racing dogs that don't get raced anymore. My plan is to do that in the spring. We just moved so everything is kind of chaos right now.
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My dog has been my picture for a while but I LOVE to talk about him! His name is Odin and he's one. We got him from a shelter when he about 4 months old. They had the pregnant mom. She and all of the other puppies had already been adopted out so our little guy was the last one left. He's so funny and so freaking adorable. When he gets going whining he sounds like a goose honking, it's hilarious. He loves cuddes and LOVES kisses (which we're trying to break him of...but he's part lab so our friends say it's not going to happen.

He's a lab mix but we don't know what with. His mom was a lab. He's short and stocky with a pit bull looking face but a curly chow tail so I go with lab/pit/chow.

I'm planning to adopt a greyhound from the local greyhound rescue. They're former racing dogs that don't get raced anymore. My plan is to do that in the spring. We just moved so everything is kind of chaos right now.

We have two former race dogs.... now couch potatoes. Retired greyhounds are the best!
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sure thing! I used to volunteer at a cat shelter, but I don't have those pictures at hand right now. So, I'm using my sister's pup, Pita. My cat was a rescue, and I also have a picture of him to use for a spare profile picture.
  • APBTChampion
    Options
    I love my rescued Pit Bull...Leiloo! She was thrown off an overpass into 6 lanes of traffic and had horrible demondex mange(my guess because she wouldn't fight).We have had her 4 years now. Bless her heart she had surgery 9 days ago for an ear hematoma and is hating wearing the "cone" and taking pills!!!

Oh my dear! I will never understand how people can be so cruel, thank goodness Leiloo had an angel waiting for her!
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yeah the cattle dog in her is pretty dominant...temperament wise too :laugh: She could be sent in to the dog shaming place everyday. She's even escaped a doggy daycare, climbed the fence, we found a new one. :noway:
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    <~~~ My kitty, Brady! We rescued him off the streets back in August. He's FIV+, so I doubt he would have survived very long where he was. He's so sweet. :heart:
  • APBTChampion
    Options
    I always wear my mutts as my pic! Wish there was a way to boycott Kelly Ripa, tho. Her insensitive comment about pits just reinforces that stigma. My baby pittie is the best dog EVER!
    That chapped my tush too, hearing about her on air comment. Bruised Not Broken (on Facebook) wanted to see if she'd be open to having them visit with a pittie or two, to try and change her mind. One can always hope!
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Here's my rescue pup, Charlie. We're his third (and last!) family. Somewhere along the way he was treated pretty badly, so he's a little neurotic in new situations. But he's clearly made himself comfortable--our bed is his favorite place to be, as you can probably tell.

2012-05-03_07-58-29_462.jpg
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    <--- Tazinator vs Cheetah

After 16 years, Tazinator finally discovered Animal Planet.
  • strangewebby
    Options
    This is Tucker, he was found as a stray by a co-worker. He was a jerk of a puppy and the co-worker didn't want to keep him because he was mean to her dogs so I volunteered to foster him until the no-kill shelter had room for him. By the end of the weekend I had fallen in love with him, even with his bad manners and meanness. Five years later he is still a bit of a jerk and gets away with way more than he should, but he's come a long way and I couldn't love him anymore than I already do.
  • sissypunks
    Options
    mine is my 8 yr corgi mix we brought him home not 5 mins after he got to our humane society they said if we hadn't he would have been pts in the am he was almost bald with a severe flea allergy . He is an awesome dog we also have a shepherd who was abused (he my shadow) and just gave a friend a kitty that we found in a drain ditch in the pouring rain at about 3 weeks( mom left him and took all his siblings) because my kitty doesn't like others her mom was a prgo rescue we took in 14 yrs ago.
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1e9k6f.jpg

I just rescued this pup... she was abandoned at only a couple weeks old with a parasite. The breeder basically threw her away! She is healthy now and a great little pup with my boys!

SOOO precious. I LOVE pitties! :)
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Here's my rescue pup, Charlie. We're his third (and last!) family. Somewhere along the way he was treated pretty badly, so he's a little neurotic in new situations. But he's clearly made himself comfortable--our bed is his favorite place to be, as you can probably tell.

2012-05-03_07-58-29_462.jpg

So precious! :)
  • steflbrown
    Options
    I don't have any pictures... but my cat is a rescue of sorts. The family had 2 kittens left from a litter and they were about to take them to a shelter. So my friend and I went to look at them. The little black and white kitten walked right up to me, rubbed his face on my leg, then sat on my feet. Clearly he picked me. We've been together ever since. (My friend took the other kitten home, and we have play dates)