Do you lie to your MFP friends about what you eat?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The only person you're lying to is yourself.

God bless,
    Karen
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    No. I gained this 200 lbs. by years of lying to myself and others, or just "looking the other way" while I ate (and expecting them to do the same). But now I want REAL change, (inside and out) so I put real totals down there. If I blow it, they know it (and so do I). Plus I think fear of being judged was really affecting my abilities to make good choices, so I've been trying to make sure the MFP friends I make know how to be helpful without judging, and I try to be the same for them.
  • joshkilborn
    joshkilborn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I put it all out there, that way I'm more inclined to do better by eating healthier and less.
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use to set my diary to private because i was ashamed i couldn't eat clean 100 percent of the time... but I log everything, good or bad! I'm only human. :)
  • nofailureallowed
    Options
    Record it all
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I log everything, It helps keep me on track and even helps with adjusting my calorie intake if needed. Plus it gives my friends an outlook of what i eat
  • lioncrab
    Options
    The important question is do you lie to *yourself* about what you eat? Forget the other people. You have to be accountable to yourself.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    While it is entertaining to read the message boards, the real key to success is logging the food intake. I try to record everything and I think I do a decent job. I like to stay under my goal every day, but rather than omitting something I try to come up with enough exercise to keep me below plan. Most of the time I don't worry about how many steps I've taken, but if my calorie count is up, I might claim that I walked however many miles I might have done that day.

I think logging the food and exercise is a terrific way to stay focused on task. It is the push I need to keep living a healthier lifestyle.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Whenever I indulge with"bad" foods I don't log it, or any of the rest of the food for the day, because I figure that the day was simply a failure, so I'll try to get back on track the next day. But that's just meeee. It's not lying to myself, I just know I screwed up so I'll have to fix it.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I put it all in for better or for worse. I don't lie to my friends or family or to anyone for that matter and the MFP community counts. Why cheat myself that way?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I put ethers thing in...why cheat????