Something exciting to do with chicken???

Options

Replies

• deanotoot
    deanotoot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    orange marmalade or pineapple marmalade,curry powder,and cayenne pepper in the crock pot for 8 hrs.
  • babygirl_70
    Options
    I like to make chicken ranch enchiladas sometimes. They are very delicious.
  • lisamariepickering
    Options
    I found this recipe on Pinterest. It's called man-pleasing chicken, lol. Mix 1/2 cup brown spicy mustard, 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1 tbsp vinegar. Coat boneless skinless chicken breasts with the sauce and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. 287 calories and 6 grams of fat. Super yummy! (And yes, my man is always pleased with this chicken!)
  • Trilaina
    Options
    Cube it, dust it with turmeric, let it sit in the fridge for at least half an hour. I cook it in a wok with a little bit of oil and water, then when it's finished, take it out, and cook a sliced onion dusted in splenda in the left over juice, adding water as needed, until the onions are carmalized. Good stuff, I promise! <3
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Tie a parachute to it and throw it off the roof..and then throw confetti at your face., and dance.

That's exciting.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Chase it! It's fun for you and the chicken.
  • shawndella
    shawndella Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Brown chicken breast in olive or canola oil. Add a can of Select Harvest chicken soup to crock pot. Add chicken. Cook on High for and hour, then turn down to low and cook for as long as you can wait. (preferably at least a couple of hours) Add whatever vegetables (peas, corn, green beans, etc., or all three!) you like. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over long grain and wild rice.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this yet, but I found this on Pinterest, and I plan of making it for dinner tomorrow. 3 boneless chicken breasts, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 can of corn, 16 oz of tomato sauce, 28 oz diced tomatoes, 1 packet of taco seasoning, 1 tlbs chili powder, . 6 hours high or 10 hours on low in the crock pot. (it looks good, says it around 200 calories, and makes 8 servings) We'll see.
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My familiy's favorite is Kung Pao chicken.

Chicken
    Red pepper flakes or powder
    garlic powder
    1 Tbl. canola oil
    4 Tbl. cornstarch
    4 Tbl. water
    4 Tbl. vinegar
    1 Tbl. sugar
    1/2 cup soy sauce

Cook the chicken in the canola oil until mostly cooked and then add red pepper and garlic and finish cooking. Remove chicken from pan, but leave any excess oil. Add peanuts and cook for 5 minutes on medium until fragrant. Add chicken back in to pan. Combine cornstarch, water vinegar, sugar and soy sauce, mix well. Add sauce to the pan with the chicken. Heat over medium until sauce has thickened. It's so yummmmy! My 2nd favorite is Chicken Caruso: cook chicken in butter (2 T.) and garlic powder. Add diced celery and bottle of spaghetti sauce and simmer for 15-20. Serve over rice.
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love my foreman grill... :)
    I marinade in teriyaki or baslalmic and olive oil or just sprinkle with different seasonings, greek, hickory, salt and pepper, adobo, ect... or put salsa on it, or pesto sauce... serve with the vast array of veggies and squash and salads there is and I never get bored! :)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    My family's fave chicken dish of mine is what I call -Hammered Chicken, but they thought it was funny to change it to 'Drunk Chicken'. But there is no alcohol in it.

I put chicken breast tenders in a ziplock baggie with Italian dressing and tenderize with a mallet (I used a hammer-thus the name!)

Let it marinate for a few minutes.

Mix seasoned bread crumbs with some parmesan cheese. Coat the chicken pieces in the bread crumbs then saute in olive oil til cooked thru, turning over to cook each side.

I have no idea what the nutrition content is on them, but they are extremely tender and tasty!
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    I do evo and garlic and grill it on the bbq grill. I will cook it another way when it is too cold to bbq.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm trying cranberry glazed almond chicken for the first time tonight.
    1 can cranberry sauce (whole or jellied doesnt matter)
    a few tablespoons of orange juice blend them together (or heat in pan to melt and blend, it was just easier to throw it into the processor for me.)
    1 tablespoon of sliced almonds (I also threw them into the processor to chop slightly and mix into the sauce.)

Pour that over 5 chicken breasts and bake for 45 mins to an hour.

Mine is currently marinating in the fridge in the baking dish...I'll see how it comes out tonight.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,660 Member
    Options
    Low calorie: A La Plancha

The classic spanish method. Brush breasts with a little olive oil then griddle on a cast iron griddle pan. You might want to gash the thickest part so that it cooks evenly. Serve with lemon halves which can also be griddled cut side down. Next best thing to BBQ-ing.

A little less low calorie: Coca Cola Teriyaki

Brown chicken thighs in a wok or sautee pan. If you are using peices with skin removed, you will need a little oil, otherwise start with the skin side down which provides enough fat. Throw in some chopped gariic. Pour off excess oil. Toss in some regular coca cola (not diet) and water to cover at least halfway. For 8-9 thighs I would use one can and then enough water to almost cover. Add several lashings of soy sauce. Boil down at high heat until sauce has caramelized and has a syrupy consistency. This dish freezes well for warming up later if you make big batches.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    with my 5 chickies its super exciting to find a cricket and throw it in the middle of them...they go nuts! Is that what this thread is about?!?! :)

my first reaction too....have 7 backyard chooks and if I need to get a good laugh or get the girls going I take sunflower seeds or raisons......they go crazy, so funny to have a bunch of chickens run acrosss the yard towards me!!! Otherwise I am no help.....vegatarian for 23 years and the girls know that they are safe :laugh:
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Two easy recipes: Coca-cola chicken - put skinless BONE-IN chicken in a pan, cover with one cup ketchup and one cup of Diet Coke. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and let the 'sauce' simmer and thicken for another 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with rice. Yum!

Sesame-ginger chicken - marinate boneless skinless chicken breast in low-fat sesame/ginger salad dressing for at least an hour. Bake in the oven at 350 for an hour, basting with the marinade periodically. Serve with rice (brown is better than white for this recipe).
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm trying cranberry glazed almond chicken for the first time tonight.
    1 can cranberry sauce (whole or jellied doesnt matter)
    a few tablespoons of orange juice blend them together (or heat in pan to melt and blend, it was just easier to throw it into the processor for me.)
    1 tablespoon of sliced almonds (I also threw them into the processor to chop slightly and mix into the sauce.)

Pour that over 5 chicken breasts and bake for 45 mins to an hour.

Mine is currently marinating in the fridge in the baking dish...I'll see how it comes out tonight.

I don't usually respond to my own posts, but I wanted to let you all know that HOLY WOW that was goooooood.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another board "what one healthy food are you sick of eating" and chicken came up.
    Kudos to anyone who has done all of these! There are maybe 4 or 5 on here I haven't done

chicken enchiladas (ortega sauce can has directions and is, imo, the best sauce)
    chicken burritos using ground chicken
    BQ pulled chicken

ground chicken in baked penne or lasagna
    small diced chicken marinated in taco sauce for hard or soft tacos
    chicken teriyaki stir fry (a hoison sauce can be god)
    chicken curry
    thai/japanese/chinese spiced lo mein noodles

finely diced chicken in a black bean salad hot or cold)
    chicken parm
    chicken sauteed with roma tomatoes and zucchini (served with rice is good. Del-monte has this canned and it is awesome)
    chicken andouillie (sp?) sausage for red beans and rice
    chicken fajitas (McCormick's dry seasoning has the least amount of sodium

stuffed chicken breasts (yeah, this on is a wee harder look for thick breasts.)
    sesame orange chicken
    chicken florentine
    chicken or turkey tettrazini

chicken alfreado (with a light sauce)
    ceasar chicken salad.. now wrap that
    asian chicken salad
    pecan and parm crusted chicken
    chicken carbonera with a light alfredo sauce
    tortelini and chicken with a light alfredo sauce

chicken asian lettuce wraps (These are effing gooood!!!)
    hawaiian style marinade to saute with *canned* pineapple, bell pepper and a spanish onion. If making kabobs, soak your wooden skewers first.

**The fastest way to get tired of chicken is to always over cook it!
  • Cindy219
    Options
    I pour apple cider vinegar in the baking dish with my chicken and it's oh so good! Keeps it nice and moist! :)