30day shred

Options

Replies

• abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies!

i think i am going to do another form of cardio exercise before it. (if i do it after i will not want too after the 30day shred workout! haha)
    Tonight- day 2 of the 30 day shred for me i am going too do some zumba before it that should ge tmy calories up!

And yes i am thinking about a getting a hrm but dont have alot of money too spend :(

everyone that has just started this 30day shred lets keep this chat going and compare it all, it owuldbe goos to have support fromt others that are doing it at the same time! :)
    Thank you!

I did not have a lot of money to spend on a HRM either. I found one on amazon for 20-30 dollars and it works great!!! The one I got is from Pyle Sports it has the chest strap and everything. Reviews were about 50/50 but I think mine works great! The best part I think is it gives me an ongoing heart rate so I can adjust my workout based on what I want the numbers to look like. There are a lot of options out there but I think it is great beginners HRM. Here is the link to the one I got, Pyle Sports has a few other choices as well in the same price range.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Sports-PHRM38BK-Monitor-Walking/dp/B004RQWYDO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350198049&sr=8-1&keywords=pyle+sports+HRM
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I am just finished workout 6 of level one and am using circuit training in the database. I can't do it every day or my shins hurt so bad I can't even walk, which is not good since I have a job that requires me to be on my feet 9-10 hours per day. So, I'm doing it every other day and doing lower impact cardio in between, such as hiking or elliptical. Several times a week I'm doing the Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk before doing the 30 DS so I'm more warmed up and less likely to have severe shin pain.

Has anyone completed this and did you have shin issues? Did they resolve on their own, or did you have to modify some movements or find substitutions. I had already been working out for a couple of months before starting this, so aerobically they aren't overwhelming but the impact is what's getting to me.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 about 125 lbs (give or take a cookie) and my heart rate monitor showed that I burned 338 doing a level 1 workout. Hope that helps.
    Anybody else as sore as me?! Lol
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Oops my lats one should have said Day 6. not 5, don't want to be doing any more than I have to haha.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Day 6 for me today i had a couple of days rest as ive been feeling a bit ill. so day 6 today hope it goes well!! :)

and thank you i will have a look online for cheaper HRM on amazon or maybe our NZ version - trade me.

Thanks heaps hope its all going good for u all! :)
  • Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    Starting this tomorrow! Hope can do it!
  • jbaa88
    jbaa88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hey guys! i'm starting the 30ds again too. I've done it before in the beginning of the summer and got up to half way into level 2 before I lost motivation... But I've started back up and I'm on day 6. I skipped day 5 yesterday so I was thinking of doing an AM session and a PM session.

Has anyone tried doing 30ds and 6 weeks 6 pack? my mid-section is my biggest setback.

Also tried the using a HRM for myself and it says 115cals burned for 30ds. I'll try the HRM again today to see what it gives me.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. gonna pull through these 30 days for some much needed results.
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1 Day 4 and the static lunge/bicep curl as well as the side lunge/hand raises just kill me!! I'm also modifying the push up still. I hope in a few days I will see improvement in the moves I'm finding the hardest.
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Day 7, level 1 completed. Yeah. Am still doing the modified push ups and at the moment feels as tho it will stay that way. Kept on reading that by about day 7 things start to get easier and I think it has. Just a little, but I could feel that I could put more effort into all of the exercises today.

I only eat part of my calories back so a few cals difference here or there isn't proving much of a problem so far. Has anyone noticed much of a difference even at the end of level 1?

Hope you are feeling better chloejaneg100!
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training.
    but as the 25 mins includes warm up and stretching, I put 20 mins of circuit training.
    otherwise I feel like I am cheating myself.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I just talked to my best friend about this and she uses a HRM for 30 DS and is 257lbs and uses 5lbs weights. SHE burns 230 cals during it, so don't let MFP lead you to believe you are burning close to 200 unless you weigh close to her weight.
    My last three days on level 1 I burned 197, 211, and 260 per my HRM using 5 lb weights and then I weighed 120.6 lbs. Weight IS a factor, but it's obviously not the only factor. Effort and energy count for something too; you get out what you put in, so the harder you work, the better your results.
  • katies71123
    Options
    I just started 30 day shred too!! I Googled how many calories I was burning doing level 1 with 5 pound weights and the overall internet answer was "it depends on your body". However; I did find one site that said you can get a close estimate by doing this math: your weight X 1.11 = calories burned.

I entered it as my own exercise so I can add it to my log quickly and easily.

I am on day 2 and love it!!! Well, love the feeling when I'm done...lol
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    I am feeling better thanku! and i did day 6 yesterday! it is getting easier but still the lunges woth the arms is killing me and i am still doing the modified pushups.and i am seeing results already it feels great!

day 7 today! Cant wait to do it tonight, and i am going too combine it with some zumba too boost my calories.

Keep going everyone it definetly gets easier.... not sure il b thinking that when it comes too level 2 though!
  • jbaa88
    jbaa88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    the squat and press/side lunges with hand raises are what gets me (3lb weights only too)! i guess i don't have string enough deltoids and trap muscles haha. it's definitely getting easier though. I remember the last time I went through 30ds, level 2 was a lot of fun. scared about level 3 though!!

i'll be on day 7 today!! excited to keep it up.

also girls, try to push yourself and do 1-5 regular push-ups and then switch over to modified ones. I remember when I couldn't even do ONE push-up, now I can push myself to 10. If anything, try holding yourself up in a regular push-up position.. that's how I started..

I think I'm also gonna purchase 5lbs weights for chest flies, and bicep curls with the lunges..

one piece.. bikini.. one piece.. bikini!... bikini!!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I would put circuit training for 25 or 30 minutes and wear my fitbit to calculate the calories burned.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    side lunges with the arm raises are the hardest for me too.
    and i also am still doing the modified push ups.
    those push ups are still difficult for me, but the rest is easier and I am getting bored of it (on day 10)
    so i think i am going to move up to level 2!
  • amylasich
    Options
    I am on day 5 of the 30 Day Shred and I LOVE it. I agree...it gets easier fast. The arm raises with side lunges are the hardest...once I can get through the 2nd set without skipping one, I will move up to 5 lb weights (using 3 lb now).

This is my first post. I don't need to lose a lot (17 lbs...my profile pic is of me at my goal weight 4 years ago). But I am covered with cellulite and I still have a belly roll (my youngest is 6). When I started to notice the cellulite on my upper arms, I knew it was time to do something!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    the squat and press/side lunges with hand raises are what gets me (3lb weights only too)! i guess i don't have string enough deltoids and trap muscles haha. it's definitely getting easier though. I remember the last time I went through 30ds, level 2 was a lot of fun. scared about level 3 though!!

I'm on day 6 tonight, and I still can't do those lunge things. I have been just kinda leaning and doing the arms part, which is really the part I need most anyway. I switched to 5 pound weights on day 3 and can tell a huge difference in my arms already.

I don't know if it's my size or what, or maybe I'm just "dance-retarded" because it almost seems like a dance move. I just can't get my body to look like the ladies on the video, even pausing for adjustments.
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It is so nice to know I'm not the ONLY one with a side lunge/hand raise problem! Haha. I'm only using 3lb weights in each hand too so I can't imagine doing those with 5lbs yet. Tonight will be L1 D5 for me. Hopefully in a few days it will get easier and I can up the weight!
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Hi everyone, Day 8 level 1. Thanks jbaa88 for the advice on the push ups, I did try to do a couple of full push ups but am not sure how good they were. They also ached my back so went back to modified. I will keep on trying tho. Its funny how different exercises get to different people. The lunges I almost welcome, jumping jacks and skipping rope are definitely a chore.....still..... I love the last rope tho it signifies I am near the end haha.

Its working well tho and am looking forward to the next level.

Has anyone tried doing level 1& 2 together......oops did I just ask that?