Breastfeeding pics - Curious

Options

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Babies are disgusting in general and I am 100% against any photos that include them. Showing breasts does not make up for it, but it helps.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    It's a completely normal thing that is healthy for the baby, and if she is comfortable enough with it to post pictures then that is her deal. Doesn't hurt me, and I don't really find it offensive. Besides, it's her facebook to do whatever she would like on it, no one if forcing you to look at it or read it or whatever. Block her, or unfriend her, or move along if it is that bothersome.
  • kalei808
    kalei808 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    its more for awareness.

What do you mean?

Alot of breastfeeding Mothers will post pix of them breastfeeding their child on FB because in mass sometimes, there types of photos get flagged at nudity and get removed by the FB admins.

But, pix of almost naked people are allowed to be up.

So, they post for awareness sometimes. There are even whole groups dedicated to it and they stage dates where they all post them over a short amount of time.

Who in the world is unaware of breastfeeding?

maybe its not that people are unaware about breastfeeding in general but that its okay to breastfeed in public.. maybe some people like to share their bonding moments with their children.. and breastfeeding just happens to be one of them..
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I happened to realize on of my friends on FB became friends with one of my ex-friends. I saw that my ex- friend posted pics of her breastfeeding her baby on FB.

Personally I think this should be kept between the mom and her baby, and not her mom, baby, and facebook.

But I wanted to know others opinions of it..

Shoot away!

wish every woman would post breastfeeding pics, maybe then everyone would remember what they're for, not just bags to shove silicone in to make bigger
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I happened to realize on of my friends on FB became friends with one of my ex-friends. I saw that my ex- friend posted pics of her breastfeeding her baby on FB.

Personally I think this should be kept between the mom and her baby, and not her mom, baby, and facebook.

But I wanted to know others opinions of it..

Shoot away!

wish every woman would post breastfeeding pics, maybe then everyone would remember what they're for, not just bags to shove silicone in to make bigger

That is probably my favorite response yet!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Breast feeding is a natural thing. So is pissing and sh*tting.
    Just because it's natural, doesn't mean it should be made public.

If you want to breast feed at the restaurant, the family bathroom is over there.

If you feel that is mean, then fine - I'll start taking a dump on the table in the restaurant and you better hold your tongue.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

If you want to breast feed at the restaurant, the family bathroom is over there.

If you feel that is mean, then fine - I'll start taking a dump on the table in the restaurant and you better hold your tongue.

very mature!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Your food is in the toilet. Go eat.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

What I find funny is that is very similar to what you are asking the babies and the moms do by eating in the restroom. The average purse has a fair amount of fecal matter on it from being set down public restrooms. Why would you ask a mom to set her babybag down and pull out feeding materials in those conditions? You think those family room couches are any cleaner?
  • BunniPage
    BunniPage Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think Breastfeeding is a beautiful thing. And that mothers should be no more ashamed of it than bottle feeding. And I know that I posted pictures of my kids eating, they were bottle babies.

^^^ This.

As a breastfeeding mum to a 4 month old, I wish that there was more exposure to breastfeeding in public in general.
    I knew breastfeeding was a learned skill, but it was harder for me than I had ever imagined.

"When women become mothers in societies in which breastfeeding is the norm, they have societal support and approval, as well as ample models and reliable advisors in their own families. However, the mothers and aunts of women bearing children today may have little or no experience with breastfeeding. Due to complex cultural and economic factors, the lowest rates of breastfeeding ever seen in the US occurred during the 1960s. As formula manufacturers aggressively expanded their markets, breastfeeding rates dropped around the world and continue to decline globally today. In the developing world, only 44 percent of infants (even less in industrialized countries) are exclusively breastfed for any length of time (Good Mojab 1999)."
  • malicent
    malicent Posts: 127
    Options

As for the facebook picture, yeah I don't know why she would post that and think her friends would want to see it... ?

Meh, I don't really like reading about my friend's drama with her ex-husband, but it's her Facebook page to post what she likes.

Reading something, and seeing something is different though and i think it should be treated that way.

Ok, I don't really like seeing people's nasty feet in their vacation photos. Or seeing someone with a beer in one hand making out at a club. Again, it's their page, not mine.

713-why-u-mad-thou.jpg
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

very mature!

What? Does the presence of vulgar words deminish the content?
    If so, that speaks only about you and your unwillingness to consider an idea.

If you can't argue on merit, please don't resort to blindly attacking my maturity. It's annoying.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

So you can't differentiate a toilet from a bathroom?
    Wow, I'd hate to clean your house.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    To those saying 'feed in the bathroom', okay then. If there's only one stall and I'm feeding my child for 20 minutes, I hope you enjoy crossing your legs if you need to go. Rather sit at a booth with a feeding cover and not make a scene than have someone banging on the bathroom door because they need use of the room I need not be taking up just because it 'grosses' some people out.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Well, since uncovered toilet flushes release waste into the air, it's a pretty relevant statement for this thread. Also, you should take into consideration the lack of personal hygiene practices in public bathrooms and how dirty surfaces really are.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I don't like seeing it when I'm having dinner at a restaurant.

Yes I can look away, but it's the crash scene effect where you sometimes can't help, but look.

I think it should be kept between her and the child, but it's not my call to make as I'm 99% sure it's legal thing to do anywhere.

What would you want her to do? Stay home until her baby is weaned because it crashes with your dinner?
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Finish your meal.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

What I find funny is that is very similar to what you are asking the babies and the moms do by eating in the restroom. The average purse has a fair amount of fecal matter on it from being set down public restrooms. Why would you ask a mom to set her babybag down and pull out feeding materials in those conditions? You think those family room couches are any cleaner?

I appreciate your desire to prove me wrong with facts. It speaks volumes for your character and I do sincerely appreciate it. Now as for the content of said information, many women pump in bathrooms already. So why would feeding be overtly worse? Also, if using a restroom results in people being completely coated in fecal matter, then it doesn't really matter where you eat because that fecal matter will still be on you unless you shower (oh wait, showers are in bathrooms). So by your logic, we have no opportunity to be free of fecal matter. If you think the family room couch is equally dirty, then there is no negative impact biologically by having said mother breastfeed in the bathroom. So the only difference is the decision of decency and whether one should perform private acts in public or in private. I vote private.
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Would you eat your meal in a bathroom? Pretty sure you wouldnt. So why should a baby eat his meal in a bathroom?!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

public toilets do not have lids. Everytime you flush a fine mist of fecal matter and and urine are thrown into the air and on to everything around. The bathroom is no place to be feeding a baby. If you are offended by my breastfeeding go eat your meal in the bathroom.