NEW SHRED GROUP-WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am LMAO over here reading you ladies posts. I am so glad I am not the only ones feeling like this! I post to another Shred group & these ladies are kicking butt with the shred, I felt like a wuss b/c I had to stop during cardio!!! I am just happy to know that I'm not alone!!!

Mel- Those V raises are the longest exercise I've done in the 30DS, well at least that's how it feels to me!! And Oh.... My.....LAWD!!! The oblique twist are insane!!! Cardio period kicks my tail inside out!!!!

Karma- And you know this MANNN!!!
  • JennSchn
    Options
    Well I did it again. It was harder this time. My 6 yr old son stayed home from school today and was watching me and while I was doing the lunge things asks me " Mom, was that a crack I just heard? " I had to laugh and say yes mommy is cracking up. So cute it made me laugh so I couldn't do the exercise a few secs and got a much needed break. Then back to cracking and grunting.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I just did L1D7 today and it is definitely more managable than the first couple of days where it hurt to move afterword. I also don't feel like I want to vomit anymore during or after it- haha! Is anyone having trouble wiith the jump rope part? It KILLS my shins. I can keep up with it but it really hurts. I don't know if I should stop or keep up with it since it is just shins, but dang! It doesn't hurt when I'm done and as soon as I stop jumping I'm fine, but during the jumping I'm in a lot of pain.

Thanks everyone for the replies to my "daily or bust?" question :)

For me, when I do the jump rope my feet get a little crampy, I think that's probably because I have super flat feet and the motion has them trying to arch or something.

I have been trying to do C25k though as well, and my shins were killing me for awhile. Now, before I run (actually every day before my cardio), I warm up by doing my abs, then I do a stretch where i'm on my back and I lift one leg straight up as far as I can. Hold until the stretch eases, then flex my foot as much as I can, then hold that until the stretch eases, then point my foot as far as I can, hold again, then rotate my foot 10x each direction. It's the only stretching I do but it's REALLY helped with my shins. I made up the foot-pointing part just by trying everything I could think of until I felt the stretch in front of my leg. I've never heard of anyone else doing it but give a try & let me know if it works for you!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Looks like you guys started the other day, but I've heard a lot about this video and think I will go pick it up today after work - maybe I can jump in tomorrow?

Rhonda

Absolutely!

Its available at Target for $10, Walmart for $8.86 :wink:

It seems to fit my HRM perfectly with Cicuit Training at 20 minutes. But thats at my body specs....everyone is different. Ive heard it ranges between 240-300. Hope this helps!

Karma, what type of HRM do you have? I wear a bodybugg everyday so that it calculates ALL calories my body burns throughout the day, even while sitting, studying, etc. But I'm thinking I need a HRM to calculate exactly how many EACH workout does, plus the bodybugg doesn't calculate heart rate and I don't want to go over whatever my heart rate should be (how bad is that I don't even know what it should be!)
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    Hi everyone....i just started L1 yesterday and just finished D2.....i am really feeling the "burn" or "strain" down by my fat gut so I hope that's a good sign LOL

my knees are really killing me though....the ones that you do when you have to bend ur knees is killer.....i end up having to stop part way through just to shake it out...i am convinced that Jillian is out to kill me LOL

I also started today the couch to 5k....that had me running for 60 seconds for 8 intervals and by the time i got home after half an hr i was ready to drop LOL...BUT I am determined to lose my gut so I am gonna have to get use to it. i'm sure after a couple of days of doing these 2 workouts, it will get easier, but I am SOOOOOO overweight that i think it might take me longer....i am not so concerned with losing the weight as much as I am with losing these inches and getting rid of my lower belly....but continuing to lose the weight will be nice too

Also, Level 1 is just over 27 mins so I log 27 mins and it comes out to 388 cals burned?? does that really seem right??
  • jackeezqueen
    Options
    Hi. My 30 Day Shred DVD arrived in the mail today and I started on Level 1. It was pretty tough. I am going to do it for about 3 days and move on. I already feel sore..so that is a good sign that it is a workout worth doing. I am going to take measurements and let you know how I do. :)
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Day 2 - shredded.

Sore today, but not my legs! My abs and pecs.... and my pants HATE the jumping jacks. I guess my bouncy flab doesn't help them stay up. My partner came home and fell over laughing because I had to put a pair of undies on OVER top so they didnt fall :P

Definitely working though. I get a good sweat up. I wasn't dizzy today or nauseous. Looking forward to day 3!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    bebhinn--has anyone ever told you, you look like Katherine Mcphee :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i ended up doing l1d2 twice today. i did it once when the boys were at school and once when they came home because they wanted to do it with me. (i learned my lesson there; i will just wait to do it in the early evening.) the second attempt was pretty weak. and when i say weak, i mean barely moving. :) the kids were disgusted with my lack of effort. the 3 pound weights made a difference that i could feel so i think i will keep that going. yikes, i am going to be sore tomorrow!
    dawn
  • LessofLeeAnna
    Options
    bummed at myself today. . .skipped and it's only day 2. Mother Nature came on with a vengence. . .sorry if TMI. . . but I'll make myself get back to it later this week. By then I'll feel like I'm starting over. I should have known to wait. . . . .thanx for letting me rant on myself. It's hard being 44. . .my mom reminds me that menopause is right around the corner haha!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have to say this group has constantly got me cracking up :laugh:

I'm curious, I don't get sore at all after the workout, although I do somewhere in between Anita and Natalie. I am using 5 lb. weights and I do get to where I feel like I can't execute the shoulder presses well, although bicep curls, rows and chest presses are no prob. Wondering everyone's opinion on what I should do? Go with heavier weights, skip to level 2 (don't know if I'm ready, I'm L1D8 today and the cardio is still kicking my butt and still doing girly pushups). I also do about 30 mins of cardio after the workout... usually stationary bike, but training for a 5k and manage to sneak that in about once a week. So I really don't want to push myself too hard, but I hear that all of you have some pain and I feel like I should feel something after the workout!? I know silly thing to complain about...
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    bebhinn--has anyone ever told you, you look like Katherine Mcphee :)

Actually no, but thanks! :D
  • bizaggie07
    Options
    Don't feel bad, LessofLeeAnna! I had to skip today too. Namely because we received 6 inches of snow here in central Texas. Basically the world ended and the town was shut down because no one knows what to do when attacked by white stuff. It came at a perfect time because my TOM was bogging me down like no other today!

I'll get back on track tomorrow and you will too! After all, those 3 lbs of water weight I'm carrying around my saddle bags won't get rid of themselves :bigsmile:
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Looks like you guys started the other day, but I've heard a lot about this video and think I will go pick it up today after work - maybe I can jump in tomorrow?

Rhonda

Absolutely!

Its available at Target for $10, Walmart for $8.86 :wink:

It seems to fit my HRM perfectly with Cicuit Training at 20 minutes. But thats at my body specs....everyone is different. Ive heard it ranges between 240-300. Hope this helps!

Karma, what type of HRM do you have? I wear a bodybugg everyday so that it calculates ALL calories my body burns throughout the day, even while sitting, studying, etc. But I'm thinking I need a HRM to calculate exactly how many EACH workout does, plus the bodybugg doesn't calculate heart rate and I don't want to go over whatever my heart rate should be (how bad is that I don't even know what it should be!)

I have a Polar F4....I absolutely LOVE it! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Not much different than the F6 so I didnt see the point on spending the extra money!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Hi everyone....i just started L1 yesterday and just finished D2.....i am really feeling the "burn" or "strain" down by my fat gut so I hope that's a good sign LOL

my knees are really killing me though....the ones that you do when you have to bend ur knees is killer.....i end up having to stop part way through just to shake it out...i am convinced that Jillian is out to kill me LOL

I also started today the couch to 5k....that had me running for 60 seconds for 8 intervals and by the time i got home after half an hr i was ready to drop LOL...BUT I am determined to lose my gut so I am gonna have to get use to it. i'm sure after a couple of days of doing these 2 workouts, it will get easier, but I am SOOOOOO overweight that i think it might take me longer....i am not so concerned with losing the weight as much as I am with losing these inches and getting rid of my lower belly....but continuing to lose the weight will be nice too

Also, Level 1 is just over 27 mins so I log 27 mins and it comes out to 388 cals burned?? does that really seem right??

I dont count the warm up and cool down so when I use 22 minutes of actual excercising it comes to 291 calories, which is what m HRM reads. Everybody is different but I have never heard of this workout going this high...its usually between 240-300. Hope this helps!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Day 2 - shredded.

Sore today, but not my legs! My abs and pecs.... and my pants HATE the jumping jacks. I guess my bouncy flab doesn't help them stay up. My partner came home and fell over laughing because I had to put a pair of undies on OVER top so they didnt fall :P

Definitely working though. I get a good sweat up. I wasn't dizzy today or nauseous. Looking forward to day 3!

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! (Pst...I will be trying that tomorrow morning!)...hehehe
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    bummed at myself today. . .skipped and it's only day 2. Mother Nature came on with a vengence. . .sorry if TMI. . . but I'll make myself get back to it later this week. By then I'll feel like I'm starting over. I should have known to wait. . . . .thanx for letting me rant on myself. It's hard being 44. . .my mom reminds me that menopause is right around the corner haha!

Dont let TOM stop you!! The excercise will be good for you and the sense of accomplishment will be that much GREATER!!! Hope you find it in you to do it! I promise it will be worth it!
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have to say this group has constantly got me cracking up :laugh:

I'm curious, I don't get sore at all after the workout, although I do somewhere in between Anita and Natalie. I am using 5 lb. weights and I do get to where I feel like I can't execute the shoulder presses well, although bicep curls, rows and chest presses are no prob. Wondering everyone's opinion on what I should do? Go with heavier weights, skip to level 2 (don't know if I'm ready, I'm L1D8 today and the cardio is still kicking my butt and still doing girly pushups). I also do about 30 mins of cardio after the workout... usually stationary bike, but training for a 5k and manage to sneak that in about once a week. So I really don't want to push myself too hard, but I hear that all of you have some pain and I feel like I should feel something after the workout!? I know silly thing to complain about...

I noticed that when I dont do the excercises with the correct form, I do not get sore...because I am not getting the full workout. I'm sure you are doing just fine and are really just that strong but maybe take 20 minutes to watch the form. I did that the day before I started because I wanted to make sure I did them right! Actually, I watched it twice...lol
  • sspalding
    sspalding Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well I did L1D2. My legs are so sore it hurts when the dog touches them! I went a tad bit slower on reps today but did complete the circuit with minimal stops. Gee I hope day 3 works out this soreness!
  • canadagirl79
    Options

I dont count the warm up and cool down so when I use 22 minutes of actual excercising it comes to 291 calories, which is what m HRM reads. Everybody is different but I have never heard of this workout going this high...its usually between 240-300. Hope this helps!

thanks....when i went back and changed it, it came out to 314...i guess that's close enough