Walking Dead Season 3..Episode 1.......

Options

Replies

• KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I think I am the only person who doesn't hate Lori...

I feel that way too! Why all the Lori hate? I felt sorry for her for the way Shane lied to her and manipulated her. And it seems that the Lori-haters all love Shane, even though he was a total *kitten*! I'm with ya! She is not my favorite, but I have sympathy for her.

I don't hate her cause she fooled around with Shane. It was a time of overwhelming crisis and he was her savior. That's understandable. And I don't think Shane lied or manipulated her. He did what he could for Rick when he was in a coma, but he had no way of knowing that the zombies would be too stupid not to force their way into the room. I personally can't stand Lori because she is constantly questioning Rick. When Rick was gone and Shane was protecting her, did she question his every decision? No! It is really hard to be an effective leader and have confidence in yourself during a time of crisis when the person you are working so hard to protect is constantly questioning your every move. Sometimes I wish he would just bound and gag her and leave her locked in the RV!!!

This is my reason for disliking her almost to a T. Not to mention, that she all but told Rick that he needed to get rid of Shane, but then when he does (because Shane put him in that position), she gets all upset about it.

Also - one thing that struck me -- the zombie that bit Hershel. He'd been sitting there as people had walked past him previously I thought.. and only came "alive" when Hershel walked by him. Maybe because he stepped so close.. but still -- if that were an active Walker.. I'd think it'd have been moving when they'd all passed by.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I loved this episode! poor hershel :(
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I feel that way too! Why all the Lori hate? I felt sorry for her for the way Shane lied to her and manipulated her. And it seems that the Lori-haters all love Shane, even though he was a total *kitten*! I'm with ya! She is not my favorite, but I have sympathy for her.

He did not lie to her or manipulate her... she spread her legs willing less than a month after her husband was "dead".

He said Rick was dead when he was only in a coma. That's a lie. Shane used that lie to manipulate her into sleeping with him.
  • TerminatorFRS86
    TerminatorFRS86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I really hope the baby zombifies in the womb and eats it's way out of Lori. I cannot stand to even look at her anymore. For the record, I never liked Shane either! I have been on board with just about everything Rick has done(however Shane was right about killing the kid, just his methods and motivations were messed up). Hersh has to go, sadly! Someone has to die...that's what I was thinking during the whole ep. They walk into a 1000 zombie infested prison and no one dies...honestly someone had to fall. If Hersh is gone, it will create that much more drama around Rick and his leadership abilities...esp if Merle makes it back to Daryl??
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    All I am saying is a sharp katana makes a much better weapon than a gun or a shovel in close ranged combat. The crossbow is a close 2nd.

Maybe The Walking Dead and the new show Revolution will have a crossover episode. HAHA!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Also, I could see Michonne and Andrea becoming lesbian lovers. Maybe I read too much into it but the look between the two characters kind of gave off the vibe that it could eventually happen....

Or maybe Andrea will want to, but Michonne will want to stay friends....more angst for Andrea. :tongue:
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    All I am saying is a sharp katana makes a much better weapon than a gun or a shovel in close ranged combat. The crossbow is a close 2nd.

Maybe The Walking Dead and the new show Revolution will have a crossover episode. HAHA!

That would be priceless
  • martincrca
    Options
    great show! great start to the new season ... zombie baby kills Lori? a very good possibility.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think it would be rad if that baby is zombified.... I also love how organized and how much more "team" like they are. Totally a catch your attention and make you want more first episode.
  • TDub83
    TDub83 Posts: 21
    Options
    DAT FACE-PEELED ZOMBIE!

Seriously, that face-peeled zombie was really great.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I don't hate her cause she fooled around with Shane. It was a time of overwhelming crisis and he was her savior. That's understandable. And I don't think Shane lied or manipulated her. He did what he could for Rick when he was in a coma, but he had no way of knowing that the zombies would be too stupid not to force their way into the room. I personally can't stand Lori because she is constantly questioning Rick. When Rick was gone and Shane was protecting her, did she question his every decision? No! It is really hard to be an effective leader and have confidence in yourself during a time of crisis when the person you are working so hard to protect is constantly questioning your every move. Sometimes I wish he would just bound and gag her and leave her locked in the RV!!!

Ok, well that is a much better reason than hating her for sleeping with Shane. :laugh:
  • meggolego
    Options

What is the purpose of the black lady with the zombie dogs on the chain lol?

"The Boy toys?" I think she carries the around so that the smell of them and movement of them, help the other zombies think that she as well is a zombie. Plus i believe from the comic book, they are her boyfriend and some other guy she use to know.

Yes, they are her boyfriend and her boyfriend's best friend.

For all you girls who love Walking Dead and think you are 'nerds' for your theories, you are hot. I love it!!

AS for Daryl's brother, I hope he makes a comeback. Merle is a ticking timebomb that will add another dynamic to the already riveting storyline.

Carl trying to get some action with Beth (Hershel's youngest daughter)??! She is a foot taller than him and outta his league! BWHAHAHA!

Haha totally saw that with Carl!! Soon Rick will have to give him the 'talk' hahah! Although she didn't seem too repulsed. Not sure how much their age differs.

And Merle will be back! It was in the extended trailer for Season3. It's gonna be awesome when he makes his appearance. Although I'm trying to figure out what he'll use for a hand now...
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Also, I could see Michonne and Andrea becoming lesbian lovers. Maybe I read too much into it but the look between the two characters kind of gave off the vibe that it could eventually happen....

Didn't see that at all. I think they are the only person the other has and they rely on each other. Its a bond. Two bad *kitten* chicks against the world, i can dig it ;)

I don't think Andrea is a badass! She gets on my nerves too. But I like the new Michonne character! Can't wait for more character development there!

Agree with you on Andrea. I *did* feel bad that she was left in the woods at the end of season 2, but that worked out. She gets on my nerves a bit too.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My favorite show EVER!! Loved it! Someone on FB had the balls to say SOA was a better show...pfft

What is SOA?

Sons of Anarchy? It took me a while but that is the only thing that makes sense.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    where did they get the silencers? very cool!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    My favorite show EVER!! Loved it! Someone on FB had the balls to say SOA was a better show...pfft

What is SOA?

well SOA is good too :) (Sons of Anarchy)

SOA is bada$$ in its own way. Love that show!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I know everybody hates Lori and she's not my favorite either but last night I felt sorry for her for the first time. I think if anyone is to blame for the whole situation it was Shane because he lied to her about Rick being dead at first. Sure, she could have handled things better but what's done is done now and Rick should count his blessings that his wife and son are still alive.
    I totally agree, zombie baby storyline had crossed my mind last year...that would be freaky!
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    P.S. Michonne and Darryl would equal the most badass couple on the planet.

Anyone watch Talking Dead afterward? Who officially wants to go to Universal Studios for the Walker Maze now? And that Zombie Obstacle Course they kept advertising would be PERFECT for weight loss I think - what better way to lose weight than running for your life? XD lol (j/k... kinda)

LOVED the episode and yes -- I totally want to do that Walker Maze.

In Memorium: "Face-Off Zombie" was my absolute favorite so far. Great effects!

I'm hoping Hershel doesn't die, but who knows. This show has proven that no one is really safe. At least in the comics it was Dale I believe that got bit in that scene so they are deviating from the books a bit.

Can't wait for next weeks episode and hopefully that cross we see is Lori's. Can't stand her!

The "In Memorium" parts are my favorite!! :D I really hope Hershel survives too...
    It was actually that Allen guy first! He died at Rick's botched amputation. Then Dale got the same treatment, lol!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Michonne - she is so badass! I'm dressing as Michonne in a zombie run in 2 weeks (no slow pet zombies on chains though). I can't wait to see how they develop her character this season.

How absolutely screwed is Lori if Hershel dies? Having a baby in the zombie apocalypse is horrible enough, but with no doctor either? I'd be rocking in a dark corner moaning. Yeah, I don't think I'm mentally equipped for zombie survival.
  • KBrenOH
    Options
    where did they get the silencers? very cool!

They made them. I think Ricks was a flashlight? I'd have to re-watch the episode again to be sure though.