Walking Dead Season 3..Episode 1.......

Options

Replies

• whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My first thought was why was Hershel with them! Even though I KNEW that zombie was not dead the first time he stepped over it I was in denial that he got bit! Then I was all like OMG that one guard's face like fell off how come that guys teeth are so in tact he took that big of a bite out of his leg through his pants. Do your teeth turn in to razor blades when you're zombie fied? I can't bite through pants...

Overall loved the episode and can't wait for the rest. I kept saying I woulda been stabbing any dead person I could through the fence to get rid of them. Didn't we learn from Dale's death?
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sidenote: I think The Walking Dead's popularity and overall awesomeness is relevant to the fact that it is the only show on television with its own talk show. ;) (The Talking Dead)

I don't know that I'd go that far; I'm only a recent watcher of the Talking Dead to be honest and I've loved the series since the first episode. I think it does so well because it came on the market when entertainment was saturated with Vampires so in a way.. same genre, different aspect. There's nothing else like it on tv right now (to my knowledge).

Having said that though: I absolutely love the talk show and make every effort to watch it now (and or record it).
  • MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know everybody hates Lori and she's not my favorite either but last night I felt sorry for her for the first time. I think if anyone is to blame for the whole situation it was Shane because he lied to her about Rick being dead at first. Sure, she could have handled things better but what's done is done now and Rick should count his blessings that his wife and son are still alive.
    I totally agree, zombie baby storyline had crossed my mind last year...that would be freaky!

Lori is weak and she makes terrible decisions that affect her entire group. Where is the woman's survival instinct? If I'm living in an apocalypse of any kind (doesn't have to be zombies) the very last thing I would do is have unprotected sex. Why? Because a pregnancy in that situation makes me a liability. I'm slow. I have increased resource demands and I'm helpless once labor starts.

Last season, Lori was the very queen of bad calls.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

But she wouldn't have slept with him if she thought Rick was still alive. I just can't stand Shane. I was so glad when he died. :laugh:

And I don't *love* Lori, but I like her better than Andrea and Carol. Carol is getting a little better, but she is just a wimp! :laugh:

She might have if he told her he was in a coma... You don't sleep with your dead husbands best friend that quickly without already having feelings.

Maybe. :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    He did not lie to her or manipulate her... she spread her legs willing less than a month after her husband was "dead".
    He said Rick was dead when he was only in a coma. That's a lie. Shane used that lie to manipulate her into sleeping with him.
    His bad for assuming that a man in a COMA couldn't survive the zombie apocalypse!! Rick was a sitting duck! Like I said, he had no way to know that barricading the room would actually save Rick's life!

He put his head by his chest and heard nothing... He thought he was dead.

You're right... and he told Lori that he had listened for his heartbeat, but he wasn't sure because he is not a doctor.

And because he wasn't sure, he barricaded the door.

They both figured that even if he wasn't dead, he would eventually be, and that certainly never expected that he would manage to track them down. I mean, in reality, if Rick did manage to survive, he would likely have never reunited with his family.

Some people are sooooo judgmental.

I'm sorry, but I just can't stand Shane. I don't want to give him any benefit of doubt because when he was around, I was always doubting his motives.
  • azwethinkweizm
    azwethinkweizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Merle has GOT to be one of The Governor's henchman.. it just makes perfect sense... LOL
    Whoa... I love that idea :happy:
  • azwethinkweizm
    azwethinkweizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I just can't stand Shane. I don't want to give him any benefit of doubt because when he was around, I was always doubting his motives.
    Yeah you're right not to like Shane - don't think anyone is supposed to like Shane really. He was killed off very early on in the comic but he made for interesting TV :wink:
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    The already did the zombie baby in the "Dawn of the Dead" remake. Of coarse, the mom was already a zombie.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Merle has GOT to be one of The Governor's henchman.. it just makes perfect sense... LOL
    Whoa... I love that idea :happy:

If he is, I wonder what Daryll is going to do about it. It would be a total ripoff if Merle shows up as a flashback after we saw him in the trailer for this season.

These commercials are totally messing up the show for me.
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    P.S. Michonne and Darryl would equal the most badass couple on the planet.

Anyone watch Talking Dead afterward? Who officially wants to go to Universal Studios for the Walker Maze now? And that Zombie Obstacle Course they kept advertising would be PERFECT for weight loss I think - what better way to lose weight than running for your life? XD lol (j/k... kinda)

I went to Halloween Horror Nights last weekend and the Walker Maze was, as expected, effing awesome :)
  • arielp
    arielp Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm sorry but that baby needs to die as well.. if they have a chance of surviving. You can't make that baby shut up. Only hope for that baby is if the whole prison is cleared and they can set up a whole life.

I completely agree with you! I was discussing with my friend during a commercial if something like that were to ever happen *Hypothetically of course* and it was too late to abort by pills, after you had the baby would you keep it or just leave it... She said she would keep it.

I mean, I would probably have an unbearable time doing it but I'd have to leave a baby behind. When the baby cries it would just be a call to all the zombies! It would be so unbearable to leave a baby behind but I think if you left it behind your chances for survival would be way better. Sounds completely brutal and heartless, but I think in times like that you would do what you had to do to stay alive.

How does one perpetuate the race if you kill all of the young?

I think when your main goal is to stay alive, your least important worry is perpetuating the race.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

Anyone watch Talking Dead afterward? Who officially wants to go to Universal Studios for the Walker Maze now? And that Zombie Obstacle Course they kept advertising would be PERFECT for weight loss I think - what better way to lose weight than running for your life? XD lol (j/k... kinda)

I went to Halloween Horror Nights last weekend and the Walker Maze was, as expected, effing awesome :)

*kitten* SWEET!

I'm going on Halloween. I cant freakn wait.
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Anyone notice that men dominate in terms of decision making now in a survival setting? I think if this thing were really to happen how things "work" would quickly revert to old gender roles within a few generations. Yes yes there are strong woman like Michone and Andrea so things have not totally reverted and I guess it would not ever totally revert because anyone can handle a pistol or crossbow. But having brute strength would be key to long term survival. Also, someone would have to take care of the kids and for practical reasons it would have to be the woman. I'm not saying its good or bad. It's just interesting how the pill, woman in the workplace, law changes, have changed modern society so much.
  • whayamean
    whayamean Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    From what I understand in the graphic novels is that it's Rick with Michonne and Andrea as his 2nds basically. No idea how they'll do it in the show....haven't read them myself so I could be wrong.
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    Then you should definitely check out the Penn & Teller house too. I'm pretty sure it may have been more badass than the Walker Maze (hope that comment won't get me in trouble with all the other posters, lol).
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Anyone notice that men dominate in terms of decision making now in a survival setting? I think if this thing were really to happen how things "work" would quickly revert to old gender roles within a few generations. Yes yes there are strong woman like Michone and Andrea so things have not totally reverted and I guess it would not ever totally revert because anyone can handle a pistol or crossbow. But having brute strength would be key to long term survival. Also, someone would have to take care of the kids and for practical reasons it would have to be the woman. I'm not saying its good or bad. It's just interesting how the pill, woman in the workplace, law changes, have changed modern society so much.

Modern society strives to be politically correct and fair, but when you strip away society everything reverts back to dominate males protecting and providing for females and females caring and nurturing the camp/party.

Its not bad or unfair, its nature.

The exceptions of Andrea and Michone are examples of really really hard times. Where even the females take roles of males to help the group/pack/colony survive. Thats when you know **** has hit the fan.

Its cool to see the breakdown of society.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Then you should definitely check out the Penn & Teller house too. I'm pretty sure it may have been more badass than the Walker Maze (hope that comment won't get me in trouble with all the other posters, lol).

Damn, I'm in Hollywood, not Orlando.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    bump, not enough time to read!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options

LOVED the episode and yes -- I totally want to do that Walker Maze.

In Memorium: "Face-Off Zombie" was my absolute favorite so far. Great effects!

I'm hoping Hershel doesn't die, but who knows. This show has proven that no one is really safe. At least in the comics it was Dale I believe that got bit in that scene so they are deviating from the books a bit.

Can't wait for next weeks episode and hopefully that cross we see is Lori's. Can't stand her!
    Actually it wasn't Dale in the comic, it was another character that hasn't made it onto the show (Allen). They gave the wrong information on the Talking Dead on that one... I looked it up because my BF was sure that Dale was the wrong person so we had to confirm it :) He was actually quite surprised that they got that wrong
  • ktillotson14
    Options

Damn, I'm in Hollywood, not Orlando.

I might be wrong but I think they have the same houses at both parks.