I AM FAT BECAUSE.......

Options

Replies

• corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I ate everything in sight when I was pregnant (2 years ago) and went from a VERY active job to a sit down one.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    First because my mother insisted I finish my plate no matter what, cause starving kids in (insert country.)

Then because kids in elementary school convinced me I was worthless and ugly so I hid behind the lie that was the comfort of food.

Welcome emotional eating for a very very long long time. Insert downward spiral of self hate, emotional eating, etc
    Took me slapping my own face this winter to figure out no one could fix any of that except me.

Wish I had grown up a few years ago.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I love junk food and I hate to exercise.
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had four children in less than five years and never had the chance to lose baby weight in between pregnancies. Can't use that as an excuse anymore. My youngest is 27 years old! LOL
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    In order of greatest to least:

I eat too much food
    I drink too much booze
    I don't exercise enough
    I don't get enough sleep
    I am overstressed

Simple as that.

This
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Because I eat for the taste instead of nutriction. Because before I could crash diet off the weight without any problems. Because I was too lazy and tired all the time to get up and move. Because I didn't like to walk or bike or work out, play tennis, go rollerblading,etc by myself and all my family is fat and wouldn't do it with me so I didn't do it. Because i love TV too much. Because I was too lazy to actually cook something so I went for the quick hand to mouth food. Because I was never this fat before, just a little overweight.
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I left the military. I went from working out every single day to not having to work out and ate what I wanted to when I wanted to. Next thing I knew I was 245 lbs, eating over 4000 calories a day because I could. I was never concerned about calories because I would literally burn 2000 calories from being so active in the military. Since then, I have learned a lot about nutrition and have lost more than what I gained from being out of the military. I was never this fit in the military.
  • norta10
    Options
    Eating when not hungry and overeating
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Because I ate when I was bored
    Because I didn't exercise nearly enough
    Because after several pregnancies I didn't bother to tighten my flubber back up and just added to it (settling into Mom Mode)
    Because I freaking love food. Honestly. Love love love food. Now I love sensible portions of healthy food and how it makes me feel! :happy:
  • gissalm
    gissalm Posts: 41
    Options
    Because I simply LOVE food too much!!! and I dislike exercise.
    i love to sit around and watch movies and I like to eat while I watch them... bad!

this has been all my life, til now i hope :bigsmile:
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I didn't give a s***. Now I do and work daily to be the best I can be!
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Same here. Doesn't make sense really, but thats how it is.......
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I like to eat, don't ever lie to be sweaty. But...I think I now like working out more than I like laying on the couch!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i was fat because i was naturally thin until i wasn't.

f* you metabolism! i used to be a chocolate milkshake a day girl! and a burger!
  • fitkat_2012
    Options
    In order of greatest to least:

I eat too much food
    I drink too much booze
    I don't exercise enough
    I don't get enough sleep
    I am overstressed

Simple as that.

Exactly right. Fixing it in the order listed :wink:
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Because my little fat hand keeps shoving stufff into this little whole in my face!!

NO EXCUSES....THAT....IS.....ALL!!!!

I love this! :)

My reason is solely because I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, as much as I wanted once I was old enough to because I could. And I didn't do ANYTHING exercise related. Not such a brilliant idea!
  • andonsmama
    Options
    because i was prego in 2010 and ate whatever i wanted, gaining 52 lbs! gave birth to a 8lb baby lol. i have never been able to stick to a diet and excersize program afterwards. BUT 4 weeks in and i am down 10 lbs, and now since seeing results, i have the motivation to keep doing it!
  • margueta562
    margueta562 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I ate when I wasn't hungry. I was an emotional eater that ate when I was bored or wanted to be comforted.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize I was eating too much. I've learned that you can't out exercise too many calories. I ran marathon after marathon and lifted weights for over 30 years while I continued to pack on the lbs. It didn't seem like I was eating too much. I never pigged out, binged, or did any emotional eating. I didn't realize how tiny I was until I lost the 60 lbs. When you are tiny you need less calories than big people, even when just maintaining. So a big change for me was learning I need less calories than those around me. I had the workout part down all those years, but not the calorie part. And since I'm almost 52 now I spent a majority of my life without computers and online tools to track calories. I had really bad nightmare memories of having to write down everything I ate, look up every ingredient in calorie books, get the calculator and do the math. It took me a long time to realize that a tool like MFP makes it easy and fun. But that is all fixed now and I've been maintaining my dream body for over a year now and I'm super happy. It's never too late!!!
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options
    I eat to much and do to little...as far as I am concerned anything else is just rationalisation and excuses. ( I am speaking of myself and its not reference to anyone else, its just how I see the way I have lived in the past)