Is Shakeology overpriced?

Options

Replies

• shelibell
    Options
    So glad I found this! I am starting Turbo Fire and all I hear is SHAKEOLOGY SHAKEOLOGY, but I think it is waaaaaay overpriced. I have kids....and their needs come first, and no matter how many times someone breaks down how much it cost per meal...it doesn't justify that cost lol! I am part of BB support group and I have pretty much just ignored them at this point....the people are rude and basically look down on you if you don't use Shakeology. I was looking for an alternative, and this thread was very helpful, thank you ALL so much!!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think it is. I prefer the Body By Vi Shakes which have a tri-sorb protein and taste like cake mix. I can mix it with anything and even make pancakes, protein bars and muffins. Also used as a meal replacement it is only $1.87 per shake which is almost 1/2 the price of a BB shake.

I use BBV too and love it. I actually considered Shakeology, just to mix things up.. but as i was posting to someone (on FB) about BBV, i was totally BLASTED by a shakeology/beachbody coach and told me how i was dumping chemicals down my throat and that my weight loss journey was "total trash and worthless" yadda, yadda. If i was ever going to try it, he shot that **** right out the window!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    ... but the more important question is...

Are you logging the water you use to take your vitamins?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Glad you put Trutein by TruNutrition Sciences on the list. They're one of the very few manufacturers who do not hide their protein content behind a proprietary blend. Also, all their protein powders rank in the top 3 for best tasting protein shakes on many forums.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am already soured on shakeology due to no less than 3 cult of beachbody coaches(yes I said cult!) sending me emails and friending the first day I joined MFP touting Shakeology as the second coming of Christ...in shake form.

No thanks. Especially since I am an intermittent faster. They picked the wrong person to swill their shake to.

Promising me that I would get this great body if I bought shakeology. Um...what was wrong with my profile pic to make them think I even wanted Shakeology?

overpriced and overhyped.

I buy cheap Designer Whey...I add it to my cottage cheese sometimes or my yogurt.But that's it. My body hasn't suffered from ingesting it.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd rather EAT my meals lol

I bought Insanity online early last year and decided to join the Facebook group for support - wow, I got SWAMPED by messages from coaches wanted to 'support' me and 'oh, have you tried Shakeology?! I can send you a Free Sample, you're not going to get the benefits from Insanity unless you take Shakeology'....until they found out I was in New Zealand and then I never heard from them again.
    BB seems like some kind of giant multi-level marketing pyramid scheme.

So, if I joined that Facebook group and took all the coaches up on their offers for free samples of Shakeology, could I get like a years supply? :drinker:
  • Zethy13
    Options
    Finding the right vitamin/mineral/protein balance seems overwhelming. Finding the right balance for a vegan is a little more challenging.

I’ve read this post and the post that led to this post (all very informative and somewhat entertaining at times). What do you think is a good vitamin/mineral/protein combination for a vegan? I’ve heard the ShakeO spiel but I’m not so easily parted from my $. At the moment I’m at the beginning(ish) of my lifestyle change. When I started, I couldn’t run for a full 2 minutes. Now, I run 3 miles every other day; other than that I don’t work out. I’m a vegan, but not a wispy vegan; I'm a chubby vegan. Weight loss as a goal: whatever extra weight slowing down my run needs to come off. I’m thinking of buying P90X or something like it on ebay, to take my lifestyle change to the next level.

A friend of mine is really into beachbody (she is a coach) and started talking to me about it. It’s worked for her and I’m glad to hear it. I’m happy to hear her opinion and advice with a grain of salt. Her talk of ShakeO led me to this post.

Looking at the products that you’ve suggested, I find some are vegan some arent’.

AOR Ortho-Core has Gelatin so it’s not vegan friendly. Life Force Multiple has Gelatin in it as well.

Green Vibrance , Nature’s Way Alive Multi, & Eve Women’s multi vitamin seems vegan friendly.

Somewhere in this post Vega One Nutritional Shake was mentioned as well; it’s vegan friendly.

What do you think is a good combination for a vegan jogger? And if you have any other advice, I would appreciate it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Finding the right vitamin/mineral/protein balance seems overwhelming. Finding the right balance for a vegan is a little more challenging.

I’ve read this post and the post that led to this post (all very informative and somewhat entertaining at times). What do you think is a good vitamin/mineral/protein combination for a vegan? I’ve heard the ShakeO spiel but I’m not so easily parted from my $. At the moment I’m at the beginning(ish) of my lifestyle change. When I started, I couldn’t run for a full 2 minutes. Now, I run 3 miles every other day; other than that I don’t work out. I’m a vegan, but not a wispy vegan; I'm a chubby vegan. Weight loss as a goal: whatever extra weight slowing down my run needs to come off. I’m thinking of buying P90X or something like it on ebay, to take my lifestyle change to the next level.

A friend of mine is really into beachbody (she is a coach) and started talking to me about it. It’s worked for her and I’m glad to hear it. I’m happy to hear her opinion and advice with a grain of salt. Her talk of ShakeO led me to this post.

Looking at the products that you’ve suggested, I find some are vegan some arent’.

AOR Ortho-Core has Gelatin so it’s not vegan friendly. Life Force Multiple has Gelatin in it as well.

Green Vibrance , Nature’s Way Alive Multi, & Eve Women’s multi vitamin seems vegan friendly.

Somewhere in this post Vega One Nutritional Shake was mentioned as well; it’s vegan friendly.

What do you think is a good combination for a vegan jogger? And if you have any other advice, I would appreciate it.

I'll admit, I'm not all that well versed in vegan friendly supplements. However, you really don't need a multi or protein powder unless you think you are deficient in either of those categories. If you are eating a wide range of fruits and veggies, you may only want to supplement with an individual vitamin you may be deficient in, same with protein powder, if you are getting in adequate amounts of protein, no need for a powder.

I have heard decent reviews tastewise on the vegan protein powder by S.A.N called raw fusion
  • mkerdock
    Options
    I agree!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I know many people who drink Shakeology and the ones who say they LOVE it are the coaches. Being a label reader, it is definitely a good product. I have tried it myself but wasn't extremely thrilled with the taste, so I chose to go a different route. But when it comes down the recession right now, COST is huge. If you aren't able to make if affordable to the public, than most people won't buy it. I have many ex Shakeology customers in my customer group and that was the main complaint, COST. That is why I am ecstatic that I have a 3 for free program, and even if they don't get it free, they save $$. $1.63, compared to $4.00 a meal...which would you choose? 100s of recipes. When you get results for your customers and saving them $, there is no greater feeling!! BB is a great company for workouts, but again $$ is the bottom line for most.

If you are a label reader as you say, what did you think of the abundant use of prop blends in shakeology?
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is simply a "Greens Powder" with added protein:
    http://images.beachbody.com/tbb/shakeology/PDFs/Chocolate/Shakeology_ChocolateBag_1.5_Back.pdf

Similar to this Greens Powder:
    http://www.udoschoice.co.uk/udos_choice_beyond_greens_ingredients
    and
    http://www.phionbalance.com/ph-balancing-products/alkalizing-greens/phion-green-superfood---powder
    and a lot of them here:
    http://www.greendrinkreviews.com/wp/

I would just buy Udo's (a highly reviewed brand in the UK) and add your own protein.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I know many people who drink Shakeology and the ones who say they LOVE it are the coaches. Being a label reader, it is definitely a good product. I have tried it myself but wasn't extremely thrilled with the taste, so I chose to go a different route. But when it comes down the recession right now, COST is huge. If you aren't able to make if affordable to the public, than most people won't buy it. I have many ex Shakeology customers in my customer group and that was the main complaint, COST. That is why I am ecstatic that I have a 3 for free program, and even if they don't get it free, they save $$. $1.63, compared to $4.00 a meal...which would you choose? 100s of recipes. When you get results for your customers and saving them $, there is no greater feeling!! BB is a great company for workouts, but again $$ is the bottom line for most.

Wow, only a few post in and you are already promoting your Body By Vi gimmick. And in a Shakeology thread to boot!! How ironic!!
  • Zethy13
    Options
    Thank you.
  • flyegrl12
    Options
    This is awesome. THANK YOU!!!!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Bump due to recent forum posts.
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Bump o.o
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Wow, only a few post in and you are already promoting your Body By Vi gimmick. And in a Shakeology thread to boot!! How ironic!!
    ^my thoughts exactly
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options

Saving Zombies one thread at a time.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

It's serious business!

ABC - always be closing!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Saving Zombies one thread at a time.

Someone's gotta do it....

:flowerforyou: